NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Does anyone else feel the initial craze is calming down?

A very good thing for me and I hope future releases are a little bit more spread.

Prefer smaller waves, say four new ones a month.

I'm also quite curious when and what characters get announced for wave 5 and further down the line.

When's Toon Link coming out? Want to get an amiibo for my little cousin even though he doesn't have a Wii U.

I never really got why everyone went crazy with buying all the amiibos... then again I don't like many Nintendo characters, just DK and Captain Falcon.

Bought my first Amiibo's. Ordered a Villager and Peach. Will be getting Bowser and Rosalina as I use them a lot. Not sure how many I'll get after that, but I'm sure I'll get a few.

Anyone know any place still selling Little Mac at a reasonable price or am I going to have to import?

I got a Wii Fit Trainer to keep mint, thinking about doing the same with a few others. I will unbox Mario and a few of the others, but I don't see how Little Mac, Falcon and a few of the others will be used in any more games.

Anyone know any place still selling Little Mac at a reasonable price or am I going to have to import?

I can't find him anywhere either. GAME website had him in stock last week but it didn't last long as scalpers snapped him up. He's the last one I need of wave 2. :(

*caresses his little mac* theyll release more at some point guys, relax, be patient....

I bought Little Mac, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Captain Falcon and Wii Fit Trainer to keep boxed. Most places here are now out of Mario, Link and Luigi :/

Oh great, as well as just spending £29 on a f-ing Little Mac amiibo today.

Just quoting you from the MM thread.

You paid top dollar for Little Mac, didn't you? I'm still missing him and trying to get him for a decent price has soured the whole Amiibo experience for me. I think Nintendo has completely mishandled the whole thing.

Little Mac, and a few others, have been out of stock most places before it even launched. Amazon, Argos, Shopto and Nintendo themselves have yet to get any new stock in of him. What makes this worse is that this may happen to the ones that are out of stock for the next wave, making it a nightmare to actually get hold of a full set.

It baffles me why Nintendo are releasing them at such a pace when they can't even keep up with the demand for the first couple of waves. I know members on Gaf are fuming because things are much, much worse in the US.

Scalpers aren't helping things either, with many people buying the models in bulk and then selling them on a much higher price, as seen by Ronnies purchase.

It's honestly making me regret starting to collect the things. If they don't sort these issues out soon I may just call it quits and sell the Amiibos on.

What do people consider a "decent" price for Little Mac?

Those who are willing to pay € 35,-, can get him on [the German Amazon].

Oh one here for € 24,- on [FNAC] (I'm almost inclined to go for it myself).

Edit:

By far the cheapest I can find, but no idea if they ship to Europe. But it's 1850 yen, and I think even with the forwarding costs that'll be cheaper. [reseller on Japanese Amazon]

Edit:

Wii fit trainer for € 16,- on [Yesasia]

Edited by Sméagol

They'll be restocked! I wouldn't worry about it.

I really think they're more popular than nintendo anticipated!

yeah, I'm thinking Nintendo may start slowing down the new releases and issue some re-releases instead in the next few waves - it has been a while since we heard about upcoming waves, we should know about March's batch by now, no? SO I do wonder if they are looking at re-releasing already released amiibo as well as new releases.. maybe 2 new, 3 re-released. I would say they should look for the 3 with the most inflated prices, and relaunch those 3 figures. Keep doing that each wave and it should kill off the inflated prices to a large extent. or at least keep doing it until there aren't stupidly high prices for any amiibo and they are able to keep up with demand

Sadly I don't think the hype would be anywhere near as big if they were easy to find and in stock everywhere. Nintendo are repeating what happened with Wii, out of stock = demand = hype.

Got Kirby and Pikachu today from Amazon, really like Kirby's Amiibo.

Ordered them Saturday and they didn't show up until today using Prime first class, seem to be getting really poor delivery speeds from Amazon at the moment. Off topic, but have they stopped sending invoices? I don't seem to get them any more.

FFS I'm returning my £30 Little Mac, has a stupid sticker from the amazon retailer selling it, impossible to take off without ruining the box. Plus the guy's back has a little scuff on it.

Just ordered Pikachu, Peach and Yoshi - 25 squids for the three, not bad. Can't find Pit anywhere. Mario massively overpriced.

Anyone need villager still my town has stock , I am after little mac for a trade.

I think most of us on here are after Little Mac. :D It's been 3 weeks since wave 2 officially hit and nowhere seems to have got restocks of him.

Looks like wave 3 is starting to appear in the wild. A French blogger received four new ones today.

Pics:

Looks like wave 3 is starting to appear in the wild. A French blogger received four new ones today.

Pics:

Apparently Nintendo sent them to him. I'm hoping this is the case because the way wave 2 just appeared out of nowhere was just stupid.

Speaking of stupid...

In an interview with Nintendo Nuggets, a collector of vintage Nintendo items who goes by both "Daily Dose" and "Mariotehplumber" revealed that he's pre-ordered more than a hundred Rosalina & Luma amiibo -- all because he really, really dislikes the character. "I do not appreciate Rosalina appearing in almost every recent Mario game to date. The fact Nintendo promotes her so much and people praise her is just disgusting," he said.

Daily Dose continued "I hate her fans, too. I know for a fact her amiibo will be among one of the most popular, which is why I took the time to wait and pre-order over 100 of her. I do not want her fans to be happy... It just crushes me Nintendo from the good days went to this shit for character designs."

While it seems excessive, it's just a fraction of the amount of money Daily Dose claims to have committed to amiibo. He says that he has already spent more than $4,000, and that he has an additional $35,000 to invest on the figurines. Of those funds, he states that he intends to spend heavily on Lucina, Palutena, Robin, and Zero Suit Samus -- all out of a similar hatred and disdain that he has for Rosalina.

Some might find it unbelievable that one man could acquire this many rare amiibo, but Daily Dose says that he orders them using addresses of friends and family. There isn't any substantial evidence that he owns all of these apart from several pictures of piles of amiibo graced by a middle finger (something that, honestly, sounds likely from a man of this mindset). So, if you're looking for a Rosalina amiibo with no luck, just remember that someone who can't stand her is part of the reason why.

This is getting insane now. The guy was posting pics in the Amiibo Gaf thread of his middle finger with stacks of Pit and Captain Falcon in his possession. Dude got banned from the site.