NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I got Little Mac hopefully from Flubit, if he gets cancelled I will be annoyed! I got him flubitted when amazon had stock, I can't find him anywhere now though.

For those worried about stock I wouldn't worry too much - I'm concluding that things will sort themselves out in due course. Since Wave 2 has launched there seems to be a quite a few Marths and a few villagers hanging around locally.

I don't even have Smash but I just purchased the last 2 Marth's at my local game and a Captain Falcon too. The guy behind the counter said they won't be receiving any more now so hopefully they might be worth something in a year or two. Marth looks bloody abysmal btw, but Falcon looks quite cool if you can ignore the pole up his ass.

I got a Pit today, and saw a Marth behind the counter at GAME. Still not seen a Falcon, Villager or Little Mac in the wild.

Man spends over $1k on amiibo

20141220_214541.jpg

You thought YOUR amiibo addiction was unstoppable! How about going head-to-head with someone that has spent $1,000 on amiibo collecting? As more come out, he's going to keep draining that expendable bank account! Talk about someone truly dedicated to Nintendo!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244091-man-spends-over-1k-on-amiibo

http://www.nintendonuggets.com/?p=1177

If you've got money to burn then fair enough. Otherwise that is ridiculous.

After reader the interview he's nothing but a tout/extortionist. 25 villagers? You dirty $h1t!

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I really hope Nintendo flood the market with villager so the sod can't get rid of them and makes a loss :D

The guys on NVC once again talk about their Amiibo addiction on this weeks episode. Some of the stories are hilarious and Brian seems to have gone over the edge hunting some of them down. :D

Picked up my second Mario, Peach and Samus ( none drunk version. Yay! ) today. That's all of wave 1 fully finished now. Still have yet to find Little Mac kicking about.

Zoro was wearing Majoras's Mask. Majora's Mask 3DS confirmed! I like how he has the Master Sword as well. Brook as Marty is the greatest thing ever.

Shame this wasn't announced to be localised along with Pirate Warrior 3.

I think I may have caught the Amiibo disease.. :red:

AmiiboFox_zpsb9dce305.jpg

I am now feeling two emotions. Empathy... and Envy. I really hope I get Fox for Christmas... I've had a cursory look at the pile of presents.... I think I may have two amiibo... so there is a 2/5 chance I've got fox.... right? I never got my head round probability at school : /

but yeah... Try to fight it Nando, you still only have one.. fight it!

I am now feeling two emotions. Empathy... and Envy. I really hope I get Fox for Christmas... I've had a cursory look at the pile of presents.... I think I may have two amiibo... so there is a 2/5 chance I've got fox.... right? I never got my head round probability at school : /

but yeah... Try to fight it Nando, you still only have one.. fight it!

I reckon I would have got Pit if he was compatible with Mario Kart 8.. but there was a point at the till where I had both Samus and Fox in my hand and fought the urge to get both :heh:

I reckon I would have got Pit if he was compatible with Mario Kart 8.. but there was a point at the till where I had both Samus and Fox in my hand and fought the urge to get both :heh:

Pit is my favourite so far. The quality of him is fantastic. Such a cool looking figure.

Pit is my favourite so far. The quality of him is fantastic. Such a cool looking figure.

Yeh.. I think he looks awesome, even if I'm not a huge fan of any of the Kid Icarus games :heh:

I already have little Mario Kart toys of Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser and DK as well as other little figures that include Toon Link and Kirby. With Amiibo, I thought it's be nice to get a couple of the lesser known characters, like Fox, Captain Falcon, Samus and Pit, instead of the usual suspects in Mario, Peach etc..

Yeh.. I think he looks awesome, even if I'm not a huge fan of any of the Kid Icarus games :heh:

I already have little Mario Kart toys of Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser and DK as well as other little figures that include Toon Link and Kirby. With Amiibo, I thought it's be nice to get a couple of the lesser known characters, like Fox, Captain Falcon, Samus and Pit, instead of the usual suspects in Mario, Peach etc..

Yes, that's a really big part of the Amiibo factor: there's quite alot of characters that probably won't be available in another statue form...

Bought another 2 as gifts...Mario and Samus. Kicking myself for not knowing which are rares, saw 3 Marths and a few Yoshis amongst a few others in Game/HMV. Reckon Argos got fresh stock of most too. Maybe I should start collecting...

Wasnt Wii Fit Trainer pretty rare? The shop around my corner has still a few left, so I should probably get one and leave it in mint condish?

Already spent a day's worth of work on those man-dolls. I regret nothing.

Already have samus, fox, dk, luigi and marth (still in the box).

Wave 3 is gonna be amazing. Better take an extra shift at work.

Edited by Foxfear

How close do the Amiibo have to get? Just curious if they can be used whilst in the packaging.

They put something inside the base of the packaging (looks like a metal square) to prevent the amiibo from being scanned without taking them out.

How close do the Amiibo have to get? Just curious if they can be used whilst in the packaging.

Yes they put a piece of foil under the amiibo stand to prevent it being used. Shame you have to ruin your sealed packaging all for the sake of removing an inch² piece of tinfoil. You know how defective amiibo are worth money? Well sealed amiibo with no tinfoil should be worth money too, that's if you could find one. There's bound to be a few out there.

They put something inside the base of the packaging (looks like a metal square) to prevent the amiibo from being scanned without taking them out.

Which is logical considering they can be scanned by 3DSs. People could claim ownership of them and call them rude names

@Hero\-of\-Time you and I should make a pact like the NVC crew that if either of us find a Little Mac online we'll inform the other immediately (after ordering :P)

Presumably for close to rrp? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros/dp/B00N8PBQDE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419427206&sr=8-1&keywords=amiibo

I used flubit on little mac, so he must have been there a good day.

Need dedede and metaknight now and I think I will have all the amiibo I want, more or less. Fox, Samus are the one's I want most for Christmas, I may get a DK though!

Anyone interested in a sealed Kirby/Yoshi? £10 + postage.

I know it's not the rarest pair, but they'll be duplicates, I have the option to cancel but if anyone is interested and struggling to find them at a reasonable price then I'll be happy to pass them on

Edited by Pestneb
Automerged Doublepost