NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I really don't see the appeal in those Amiibo. I wonder how many of the people who spend loads of money on Amiibo, actually bothered to get Nendoroid Red for example.

I really don't see the appeal in those Amiibo. I wonder how many of the people who spend loads of money on Amiibo, actually bothered to get Nendoroid Red for example.

The Nendoroid things cost quite a bit more and are very stylised. I have Wind Waker Link as he looks just like he's form the game, but I hate the look of most of the other ones.

Amiibo are cheap, (fairly) easy to collect and are modelled straight from the game. And they have in-game uses.

I think they're really ugly. Disney Infinity figures look so much better. I guess I prefer quality. When I get a Wii U, if I ever buy one of those things for their "functionality", I'll rip off the figure and throw it away. I'm more likely to pick up some Amiibo for scalping however.

I think they're really ugly. Disney Infinity figures look so much better. I guess I prefer quality. When I get a Wii U, if I ever buy one of those things for their "functionality", I'll rip off the figure and throw it away. I'm more likely to pick up some Amiibo for scalping however.

Rip the figure off and throw it away...? Are you a child?

Having both lots of infinity and amiibo, I probably prefer amiibo, though it's hard. Amiibo are infinity more detailed and I like the dynamic poses. Infinity are like really basic blocky versions, a cool style of their own though. Both good.

My local supermarket has all 12 amiibos of wave 1 for 16.95€ each. I'm thinking whether to invest in the more rare ones, just in case they really do stay rare and wanted. I don't currently have any amiibo that I'd want to buy for myself. I like Robin in Smash but only as female and I doubt that will get its own amiibo.

Rip the figure off and throw it away...? Are you a child?

Am I child what?

If I ever do buy one for the functionality, I don't need the figure. I personally don't find the figures suitable for display, so basically I'd be only buying an NFC chip.

Just watching a Gametrailers podcast from a few weeks ago and Brandon had a good idea for Amiibo in the absence of them not having their own game yet.

He said how amiibo needs to at least have it's own Miiverse plaza, with a hall of fame like Disney Infinity, where you can see statues of the ones you've purchased, their levels, which ones you are yet to buy, which games figures work with, all of which you can keep track of in this social space/hub. And you can move around the space in a Mii costume of these characters. Developing it further it could become like Nintendo Land with each character having its own game, which I think is something we're all hoping Nintendo would be doing with these as well.

The difference with Infinity is there are hundreds of vastly higher quality statues and figures available of Marvel and Disney characters, whereas we're not that fortunate with Nintendo characters.

Most of the Amiibo are fine, especially at that price point. It's easy to get used to quality from the collector's market.

Also, maybe your Infinity figures over there are great or something, but the awesome sculpts here are ruined by horrible over/undersprayed paint ops. They look like what they are, toys for children, not glass cabinets.

Half the appeal of Amiibo is gonna be that it's pretty much the only figure of that character available.

Zelda Wii U, Star Fox Compatible with Amiibo

The support won't be major, but Amiibo will do "something" in each game.

Amiibo will do something in The Legend of Zelda Wii U and Star Fox Wii U, according to Shigeru Miyamoto in a recent interview.

While Miyamoto seemingly nixed the idea of Amiibo being a big part of either game, he did add "We do plan on doing something so that people who have Amiibo will get some enjoyment out of having Amiibo and using them in [Zelda Wii U and Star Fox]"

The use of Amiibo in those two 2015 releases will likely be similar to how the figures were used in Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8, merely unlocking a bonus in the game as opposed to major content.

Star Fox Wii U is scheduled to come out before The Legend of Zelda Wii U in 2015.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39242/zelda-wii-u-star-fox-compatible-with-amiibo

Zelda WiiU is compatible? I wonder what the use will be? secondary save? Character level information save (thinking SS style weapon levels etc?) unlocakable optional weapon like biggorons sword? even larger wallet/bomb/sack/seed sack/quiver upgrades?

So, I've got waves 1 and 2 complete.

Should I feel proud, ashamed, stupid?

Ah, what the hell, I like training them in Smash, I like the Mario Kart suits, they look nice in my display. I'm happy :)

So, at first, I just wanted a select few of my favorite characters.

Next thing I know, they launch, I see them in real life and went on a frenzy.

Now I can't wait till they show us wave 5 and so on.

I would really like to say that I'll stop after the Smash collection.

But then I imagine:

- Star Fox team members

- All 6 Pikim and the team, Olimar and Louie

- Mario Kart racers

- The Cultures of The Legend of Zelda: Goron, Zora, Deku, Twili, Etc.

- Samus/Metroid lore

- All fighters from Punch-Out!!

- stuff of nightmares: Pokemon, F-Zero, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing :cry::cry::eek:

All 721 Pokémon and 50 Mega Evolutions.

I'm in. That'll only cost me £10k :p

Picked these up over the last few days...

image18ucz.jpg

Bit miffed the cardboard quality is a little shabby but meh.

Now what to do with them...

I've bought the Mario one as a gift for a family member. We don't own a WiiU but I'm hoping it'll work out as a nice but affordable desk ornament for him.

The packaging definitely makes them even more desirable. Really nice, though that's to be expected coming from the big N.

I picked up all of wave 2 from GAME earlier today! Haven't opened them yet because I'm busy making room on my shelves first, but as far as I can see, they all look perfect! Looking forward to finally unlocking the Captain Falcon and Luigi costumes in Mario Kart 8!

(I'm ready for Luffygi, too, Bamco! Just give us Super Grand Battle! X already!!)

But then I imagine:

- The Cultures of The Legend of Zelda: Goron, Zora, Deku, Twili, Etc.

The things I would do for an Anouki amiibo... :nono:

Edited by FireMeowth

The packaging is so so nice... I wish I could keep them in it... But I dont....

Let's think about this realistically. We can't all keel spending 50-80 on figures every month... What do people feel is a reasonabLe amount for them to release for it it be a decent hobby?

5 a month. so long as the waves keep on coming and characters swapping - so maybe wave 21 has luigi, lucario, bowser jr., marth and R.O.B

I know £10 is my self imposed limit each month, so I'm trying to be selective on the characters I get. Mario, bowser, Yoshi, Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight, samus and Fox are the 8 I most want, I have secured 3 so far, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be getting a further two for Christmas. I have a pre-order for Bowser, now I need to hunt down dedede and metaknight. That takes me up to June, so I will be relying mostly on birthdays and christmas to grow my collection any more than that cast of 8. But I hope friends and family will be generous :D

Wave 4 is looking immense. Not bothered about Shulk but might have to get most of the rest.

Little Mac, Captain Falcon & Pit are sat in my nearest Royal Mail parcel collection facility waiting for me to collect tomorrow morning.

Smyths had wave 2 in yesterday so picked up Zelda & Diddy as heard they're hard to get hold of too. So just Luigi from Wave 2 to get.

Mums taking care of the rest of wave one for me for Christmas so.. yay :yay:

IMG_8348.jpg

yet I don't own Smash Bros Wii U yet:blank:

I was planning on having Kirby and Yoshi battle it out against Mario and Pikachu... but Argos had other plans :( my reservation isn't available today (despite them asking me to collect today or tomorrow) so I just have to wait.

On the plus side, Captain Toad is here :)

Are places likely to restock Little Mac? Seems sold out everywhere and I'd rather not spend £23 on ebay to get one.

Are places likely to restock Little Mac? Seems sold out everywhere and I'd rather not spend £23 on ebay to get one.

He's who I need as well. I imagine he will. You can get Marth everywhere now. You just have to be patience.