NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

For what it's worth, I was that kid that had a Charizard, and I let all my classmates and friends know!

I was obnoxious at times.

I remember making a joke about someone making the same mistake a while back.

I'm guessing auto-correct threw you off, huh?

I think that was me too :) Stupid ipad!

My Captain Falcon from ShopTo has shipped :)

I had a thought that is horrible for collectors

B5DolwECQAEGsZJ.jpg:largeB5DolicCEAAAYVp.jpg:large

There may be two ROB amiibo. The US/European default skin and the Japanese default skin

I had a thought that is horrible for collectors

There may be two ROB amiibo. The US/European default skin and the Japanese default skin

I'm not too fussed about that (not even attempting to collect these though :hehe:). But I am curious as to how they're going to go about that coiled cable. :D Will it be solid, or flexible? :heh:

Are they definitely doing ALL smash characters? Hope not...
I reckon.

It is the Super Smash Bros. Collection after all, and it wouldn't be much of a collection if it didn't include every character. :heh:

I just ordered another 5, this is getting really silly. I'm powerless to stop!

I think my over whelming advice to any one who has not bought an amiibo yet.... don't do it. :(

I have 4 incoming now :( I tried to convince myself how few I was actually going to buy. Just Mario and Bowser, because Bowser is Mario's nemesis. oh, and Kirby. And of course metaknight and King dedede to go with Kirby. And Yoshi, because it's Yoshi. I can't forget fox because starfox was one of my favourite snes games.. and falco. And Little Mac, same reason as fox. I really enjoy playing as the fire emblem characters too, so I should grab a Marth, Ike and Lucina. OH! and Samus, how could I forget her... not sure whether I should get her suited up or zero suit... well I'll treat myself to both. Oh and Bowser Junior, he looks like a cool guy.. I have a few gaps in the mario universe though.. I should get luigi and peach... oh and rosalina. Hey, I almost forgot about the pokemon, there's a Pikachu, and I need to get a charizard to resurrect my Smokey Joe from Red :)

So that's everything.. except Dr Mario, I like Dr Mario, I can't miss him out.. nor Wario. And I really should complete the Pokemon set now, grab a lucario and greninja.. Jigglypuff. R.O.B was my main in Brawl, so I shouldn't leave him out. Oh look, a captain Falcon, going to add him to my collection for sure, plus his costume in MK8 is great.

I'm not so keen on the stand for Link, but toon link is tolerable. And now I have him he needs zelda really, even if she isn't the toon variant. And I suppose his nemesis Ganon. Sheik looks good.. and well what the hell, you kinda get used to the yellow support after a while, so take adult link as well.

I reckon.

It is the Super Smash Bros. Collection after all, and it wouldn't be much of a collection if it didn't include every character. :heh:

They said they would, too

I think my over whelming advice to any one who has not bought an amiibo yet.... don't do it. :(

That's nice of you to warn me. But I like Greninja too much to miss out on the Amiibo.

We'll see if I can resist the urge to spend all my money after that.

I have 4 incoming now :( I tried to convince myself how few I was actually going to buy. Just Mario and Bowser, because Bowser is Mario's nemesis. oh, and Kirby. And of course metaknight and King dedede to go with Kirby. And Yoshi, because it's Yoshi. I can't forget fox because starfox was one of my favourite snes games.. and falco. And Little Mac, same reason as fox. I really enjoy playing as the fire emblem characters too, so I should grab a Marth, Ike and Lucina. OH! and Samus, how could I forget her... not sure whether I should get her suited up or zero suit... well I'll treat myself to both. Oh and Bowser Junior, he looks like a cool guy.. I have a few gaps in the mario universe though.. I should get luigi and peach... oh and rosalina. Hey, I almost forgot about the pokemon, there's a Pikachu, and I need to get a charizard to resurrect my Smokey Joe from Red :)

So that's everything.. except Dr Mario, I like Dr Mario, I can't miss him out.. nor Wario. And I really should complete the Pokemon set now, grab a lucario and greninja.. Jigglypuff. R.O.B was my main in Brawl, so I shouldn't leave him out. Oh look, a captain Falcon, going to add him to my collection for sure, plus his costume in MK8 is great.

I'm not so keen on the stand for Link, but toon link is tolerable. And now I have him he needs zelda really, even if she isn't the toon variant. And I suppose his nemesis Ganon. Sheik looks good.. and well what the hell, you kinda get used to the yellow support after a while, so take adult link as well.

Why don't you want to buy Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Pacman, Sonic, Mega Man, Duck Hunt Dog, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Robin, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Shulk and Mii?

:awesome:

Don't worry I wasn't going to and won't be. My indifference is absolute.

704.gif

:heh:

When does the madness stop? Are people seriously going to spend £500 just to get the Smash Bros amiibo collection?

When does the madness stop? Are people seriously going to spend £500 just to get the Smash Bros amiibo collection?

It's their money. They can do what they want with it

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Sure, I want the Greninja one, but that's about it. I honestly can't see how people would want every Amiibo.

My issue isn't the cost of things, the biggest issue is just where in the hell do I put all of them?! :D

I never said they couldn't but what are they all going to unlock? It's a bit of superficial fluff so far. And I was being conservative about £500. It's more likely £600. Here in Ireland each amiibo is over a Euro more than the Sterling price equivalent, times that by 50 and it adds up.

Edited by Wii

I never said they couldn't but what are they all going to unlock? It's all a bit of superficial fluff so far. And I was being conservative about £500. It's more likely £600.

So? What's it to you? Perhaps people want the collection.

I reckon.

*throws up in mouth*

Yes. Yes we are.

It's terrifying... Who knows what else they're going to release... And i't snot jus about unlocking superficial fluff. The figures themselves are great figures, worth a tenner on their own. But the stuff it does is actually pretty good smash is a little pointless but remotely fun, and I'm sure will be great on gaming weekends. Mario Kart has some great suits. Hyrule warriors is probably the most useful, it's such a grind getting all that material and money and weapons is a HUGE help. And who knows what else we'll get into the future!

So 4 of my wave 2 turned up (not mac or falcon - my two most anticipated ones). I have 2 diddys... annoying... Zelda looks a bit stupid (that's both from the series as the worst figures). Pit look great, Diddy too actually, his aren't as mental as I was expecting.

@Wii still doesn't realise that these are cool figurines first, unlockables second.

Anyway IGN sums the situation up nicely...

Why don't you want to buy Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Pacman, Sonic, Mega Man, Duck Hunt Dog, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Robin, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Shulk and Mii?

:awesome:

:( I stopped myself because I was making myself worse. And yes, now I do want them all :(

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Sure, I want the Greninja one, but that's about it. I honestly can't see how people would want every Amiibo.

I don't see why I want every amiibo. I think after Mario it was ok.. except I put him into smash... and got curious, I wanted to see 2 amiibo fighting each other, see if one would outwit the other etc. So I got a Pikachu. Now I've gotten more, and it is a slippery slope :(

But stopping at one, steadfastly is the next best thing. Enjoy your greninja, but just remember all other amiibo are evil!

I've seen these in shops a couple of times now, some from wave 1 and 2, and I keep thinking about maybe buying one or two, purely for collection purposes really, but I just don't think the quality is good enough.

I've seen these in shops a couple of times now, some from wave 1 and 2, and I keep thinking about maybe buying one or two, purely for collection purposes really, but I just don't think the quality is good enough.

They really are. The quality of the 7 I have are top notch.

my mario is flawless... from 2 ft away Pikachu is fine too... closer and the paint work at the base of his tail is a bit "meh", and up close (closer than 1ft) you can see the black paint on the ears was too enthusiastic.

But apart from those two niggles on my Pikachu, yeah they are great quality. I will see what the rest are like in a few days!

I just want real life Smash Bros. character trophies on my shelf, the in-game stuff is a bonus.