NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Wave 1 has dropped back down to £10.99 on the GAME website - anyone seen them going for that in-store?

Wave 1 has dropped back down to £10.99 on the GAME website - anyone seen them going for that in-store?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. No.

I was in my local GAME earlier, they're still charging £14.99. They do include a free bumming though (whether you want it or not).

Annoyingly after i ordered Villager last night at £14.99 online.

emailed them asking what the shit is that about and can they reimburse me the value.

I completely expect that email will be laughed at and sent into the deleted folder on their contact them bit,

I've been desperately trying to get an amiibo order in with flubit, but amazon keeps going out of stock before I can get an offer through! Nintendo and GAME aren't apparently acceptable sites... everywhere else I've looked have exaggerated prices, so flubit makes offers higher than Nintendo store :/

Where else is good to place an amiibo order?

20141210_204102_zps313f390e.jpg

It finally arrived, very happy. That's what the packaging looks like from Nintendo in case anyone is asking.

20141210_204102_zps313f390e.jpg

It finally arrived, very happy. That's what the packaging looks like from Nintendo in case anyone is asking.

Yeah, got my 2nd Fox, Kirby and Pikachu from them today and they were in perfect condition. Definetly using the Nintendo store for the next waves.

I also managed to nab another Wii Fit Trainer from my local Argos store today and picked up another Link to keep boxed up.

Got myself a few wave 3's ordered from Nintendo, rather get them direct myself.

Wave one: complete! Yoshi is the latest edition.

On to wave two, next friday! Really looking forward to The Captain, Pit and Lil' Mac. Diddy is collateral and Zelda (design looks great) and Luigi (hate his "stance" but like Weegee as a character) are fine.

Some figures in the next waves are already sold out on Nintendo store... this is for pre-orders! :blank:

Just saying... get in there quick if you're going to be getting them all. : peace:

Little Mac

King Dedede

Meta Knight

Shulk

All Sold Out status.

Some figures in the next waves are already sold out on Nintendo store... this is for pre-orders! :blank:

Just saying... get in there quick if you're going to be getting them all. : peace:

Little Mac

King Dedede

Meta Knight

Shulk

All Sold Out status.

Cheers, Sam. Just preordered 2 of each from the next wave. Shame Little Mac is sold out already. Guess I'll have to try and find him out in the wild. I'll still keep an eye on the store though, just in case he gets restocked before next week.

I forgot to mention this yesterday. When I popped in to Argos to pick up my Amiibo the guy at the counter was saying how they can't keep them in stock long enough. He said they seem to be the hot Christmas present this year. He also asked me if they were like Disney Infinity figures in terms of how you use them in a game. I just said yes as I couldn't be bothered to explain how they actually work. :D

Crazy just how popular these are. It's even crazier when you think that Nintendo aren't even advertising these on TV yet they are still selling out!

Crazy just how popular these are. It's even crazier when you think that Nintendo aren't even advertising these on TV yet they are still selling out!
It really is.

Nintendo have hit the jackpot with amiibo, I can't wait to see what the future holds for these little figurines. :hehe: An amiibo-centric game is surely on the way.

One thing I'd really like to see is an Iwata Asks on amiibo, with pics/vids of their production.

*dreams about thousands of amiibo moving along a conveyor belt* :heh:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Very popular these Amiibo's, especially after reading (either on here or elsewhere) that there are some people whom think they need these to play as the characters in Smash so are out buying them all. I've got all the Wave 1 Amiibo's i'm after at the moment (Fox, Yoshi, Kirby and Link). May get 1 or two Wave 2 Amiibo's after Christmas, and i've got a Wave 3 pre-ordered (Lucario) already.

They are, it's tacked on the end of Smash Bros advert (which does exist :p).

My local Smyths toy store has been ransacked for Marth/WiiFit and Villagers lol

Managed to order a Kirby TODAY as they have gone back on the Ninty online store. Kirby is MIA in all the stores I've been in.

Managed to get a WiiFit trainer from Smyths last week - which I'll keep boxed for now. Guy in store was like 'wut? - Wii Trainer?!'

For a laugh I asked him if they worked in Disney Infinity. He had to go and check with another store clerk lol

I'd love to see a Nintendo Toy Box ala Infinity. That mode is amazing. If it came with classic Nintendo areas such as Peaches castle/Kokiri forest etc, it would be brilliant.

The Amiibo's are surprisingly good-looking on a shelf, showing how loveable and iconic Nintendo characters are.

Nintendo have us by the jingle balls with these things...

Edited by tapedeck

Picked up a Kirby today from local GAME as they only had one, two Wii Fit Trainers in as well so if still there I'll snag one of those tomorrow.

Shamelessly, I'm purely buying these for collector item/re sale value purposes. Getting Mario and Link for Xmas as actual gifts tho! :)

My hope for offers on them after Christmas has been dashed quite spectacularly. I'm still yet to see any of them in my local Game or Tesco too!

I don't know what it's like at all Tesco's, but my one has the security tags pierced through packaging..

IMG_8249.jpg

So if you're a collector and wanting to keep these in decent condition, Best to avoid Tesco. If you're wanting to open them and use them, then fill yer boots.

Cyber Peach you say...? Deffo one for the next Mario Kart! Along with normal Peach baby Peach, pink gold Peach and cat suit Peach... :heh:

Cyber Peach you say...? Deffo one for the next Mario Kart! Along with normal Peach baby Peach, pink gold Peach and cat suit Peach... :heh:

Not enough, needs Baby Pink Gold Peach.

You'd think they were running out of Mario characters to use, but I'm sure any decent Mario fan could name a whole bunch of characters that haven't appeared in Mario Kart yet.

Wart comes to mind for me. Absolutely criminal that he doesn't appear in 3D World when SMB 2 inspired a lot of the features.

Rumour going round (although a terrible source) that Fox, Samus and DK are next on the discontinuation list.

#Amiibogate #TheThirstIsReal

Seriously hope not, I can't afford to buy a whole wave in a month. Best not be the case for waves 2 and 3 (Falcon, Mac, Pit, Shulk, Ike, MetaKnight, Bomberman all pre-orderd so far)

My local Smyths toy store has been ransacked for Marth/WiiFit and Villagers lol..

At least yours has Amiibo. I couldn't find them in my local town.. there aren't even any in GAME ::shrug:

I may actually order a Captain Falcon one just for the Mii costume in Mario Kart 8 :heh:

Rumour going round (although a terrible source) that Fox, Samus and DK are next on the discontinuation list.

#Amiibogate #TheThirstIsReal

Seriously hope not, I can't afford to buy a whole wave in a month. Best not be the case for waves 2 and 3 (Falcon, Mac, Pit, Shulk, Ike, MetaKnight, Bomberman all pre-orderd so far)

Didn't they say (somewhere) that they'll only discontinue the less popular ones over time. But not this soon, maybe in the next 6 months.