NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Haha I think it's amazing.

:laughing:

We all have our insecurities I guess... Bless ya's.

:heh:

The Peach Amiibo is still a thousand times better than Link on his leany piss pole. It isn't as good as the E3 one, but for a tenner it's okay.

[edit - Weegee]

psyJ143.jpg

Or... Wedgee? Hope that feels good for you, bro.

Edited by Guy

Wtf is with all the Peach hate?!

Peach is amazing. This comment didn't go down well at home for some reason.

My gf said that luigi looks a little rude :S

the fact there is a long bit of plastic at the front and where it joins to luigis body, and there are 2 circles.

My gf said that luigi looks a little rude :S

the fact there is a long bit of plastic at the front and where it joins to luigis body, and there are 2 circles.

Damn it, I can't unsee that now! Tell your girlfriend "Thanks a bunch!"

And do it in a sarcastic tone.

Wtf is with all the Peach hate?!

I like Peach, she's so stereotypical princess that she's kinda wrapped around herself and has become one of my favourite Mario characters. (Bowser tops her and Boo tops the both)

I just don't have a need for Amiibo's yet. I don't have enough spare change.

Nintendo has officially discontinued Marth, Wii Fit Trainer & Villager amibos

What the frak??

wii fit trainer is no surprise, villager... I guess the animal crossing crowd aren't onboard with the Wii U and Marths face really was off by design.

Link is probably only surviving thanks to hyrule warriors and obviously how popular a character he is.

Ok, that would be weird. I'll wait for an official statement before I believe this.

Only possible reason I can think of is chocking hazards. But than again, Villager and chocking? nah, can't be it...

They did say some were going to be limited runs.

I'd expect them to take out another 3 or 4 from the first wave in January too, along with 1 or 2 second wave amiibo.

It makes some sense to restrict the range of currently available models.

1) It provides an incentive to purchase quickly - before it's too late

2) It reduces the shelf space commitment required by retailers.

3) It makes impulse buying more likely because the choice is less overwhelming.

Obviously there are downsides, the main one being putting off potential full set collectors, but collectors willing to spend £490+ are rare, and they are likely to have gotten in early anyway.

It also helps collectors by creating "rare" amiibo which will now have a greater value attached to them. Although not as high a value as the defective Samus :D

Talking of defects, whats the worst anyone here has found? on close inspection, the paint job on my pikachu is kinda crap, the black on the ears goes well over the edge of the "black" area, and the brown base of the tail goes over/doesn't reach it's own area, with slight smudging evident as well. A bit disappointing really, especially when sat next to my Mario who to my untrained eye looks perfect. However I won't complain too loudly as you can only notice pikachu's deficiencies if you look closely :)

What the frak??

Not sure what's so surprising about this? I mean, the next wave is almost here, and they already said that some of the first wave figurines will be limited. This is how Skylanders (and probably Disney Infinity) waves work as well - some of the figurines from earlier waves are included in later wave shipments, but some others are only ever available in their initial wave, and will never be restocked.

Yeah reading the above posts and thinking about it some more I guess it does make sense. Still think maybe a little bit more time on sale might have been good, they've only been out a week!

So I have no interest in these, but the fact that 3 of them may be discontinued (I know it isn't officially confirmed) makes me wonder if I should pick those three up?

They are all in stock at my local Argos. Wise, or pointless? I say I have no interest in them, I don't, but for a collectible keep them sealed purpose I am slightly intrigued...

So I have no interest in these, but the fact that 3 of them may be discontinued (I know it isn't officially confirmed) makes me wonder if I should pick those three up?

They are all in stock at my local Argos. Wise, or pointless? I say I have no interest in them, I don't, but for a collectible keep them sealed purpose I am slightly intrigued...

Be wary though, once you start buying some, you'll eventually feel the OCD kick in and you have to buy them all! Maybe even Peach :heh:

Edited by markderoos
Typo, thnx Pestneb!

Not sure what's so surprising about this? I mean, the next wave is almost here, and they already said that some of the first wave figurines will be limited. This is how Skylanders (and probably Disney Infinity) waves work as well - some of the figurines from earlier waves are included in later wave shipments, but some others are only ever available in their initial wave, and will never be restocked.

It's surprising because it's barely been 2 weeks

Ordered Wii Fit Trainer and a second Marth to keep sealed from the Nintendo Store just in case. Noticed they aren't even listed now, but loads others aren't either.

Asked for some for Christmas but I'm a bit nervous now.

I've finally finished my current Amiibo collection.

:)

Behold!

mt0dj5.jpg

Yes @Hero\-of\-Time ages 25-35+ definitely seems to be the emerging demographic for these glorious pieces of plastic. ;)

Anyway sod it, I enjoy collecting them! : peace:

Unboxing videos of the other wave 2 figures in the video description.

Lovely decal on the back of the Captain.

Very glad to hear the discontinuation stuff is bullshit, was definitely a bit worried there would only be a brief grace period for future waves - I'm not someone who can buy every Amiibo as soon as it releases, so the figures in each wave need to stick around for at least a few months.

[edit]

Wave 3 up for pre-order on Nintendo Store - £10.99 each, cheapest so far. Amazon will probably match.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

Edited by Guy
Automerged Doublepost

Ah Maaaan. Not you too!! :shakehead

Poor Peach. At least I like her!! :heh:

I was just kidding, I like the Peach Amiibo, she's awesome. :D

She has a decent amount of detail too, plus she even won a few of the 'all amiibo 8 player smash' matches I had on last night in the background while catching up on Pokémon. :awesome:

Still waiting on my Kirby Amiibo from Nintendo, was supposed to arrive on Thursday last week. Will be giving both the courier and Nintendo a call at some point tomorrow.

Still waiting on my Kirby Amiibo from Nintendo, was supposed to arrive on Thursday last week. Will be giving both the courier and Nintendo a call at some point tomorrow.

Was that a pre-order or post release? I think they must have run out of stock and are awaiting replenishment - not cool if they already charged you though.

So first we had reports that some Amiibos were getting discontinued. We then get a statement saying this wasn't true. Now we have Nintendo saying this in an interview to Wired.

After the November 21 launch of Amiibo, Nintendo’s line of Skylanders-style interactive figurines that connect to Wii U games including Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8, would-be buyers started to notice that supply of some of the figurines dried up fast at retail outlets and online, and didn’t seem to reappear.

Today, Nintendo confirmed to WIRED that this was deliberate, and the company does not plan to ship any more of several of the Amiibo figurines after the “initial shipment.”

“We will aim for certain amiibo to always be available. These will be for our most popular characters like Mario and Link. Due to shelf space constraints, other figures likely will not return to the market once they have sold through their initial shipment,” read the full statement.

What the hell is going on with these? If they are in fact discontinuing a few of them then I think it's a little stupid. There's clearly a demand for them and to cut the cord so early is insane. I think they should have spaced the waves out a lot more if shelf space is the issue.

The Disney Infinity figures didn't have this problem and there loads of them. Well, apart from Jack Skellington that was rare for a short time.

I'm happy I nabbed them all early but it's a terrible thing for those still wanting a few. I think when it comes to the other waves i'm going have to preorder them online as trying to find these things at retail is going to be a pain.