NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Lots of GAME stores open tonight at 11:30 for Black Friday deals. One in my local area saying Amiibo's are already all pre-ordered?!

:/ hopefully that isn't the reason my amiibo is delayed - waiting for a replenishment of stock from Nintendo :(

What? You mean none left to put on the shelf? Bad showing if that's the case.

Saying that, a guy on Gaf posted the display in his Game store and it was pitiful compared to the Infinity and Skylanders section.

I'll drive down to the Metro Centre in the morning and see what's what.

Keep me posted :)

Darlington GAME only has mario/peach/DK/Link/Samus on display. Thought that was poor.

Keep me posted :)

Darlington GAME only has mario/peach/DK/Link/Samus on display. Thought that was poor.

Will do.

With their being 2 Game stores I'm hoping there will be a decent amount of stock between the two of them. There's also a big Asda and Toys R Us in the Metro area as well.

What? You mean none left to put on the shelf? Bad showing if that's the case.

Saying that, a guy on Gaf posted the display in his Game store and it was pitiful compared to the Infinity and Skylanders section.

I'll drive down to the Metro Centre in the morning and see what's what.

You're probably aware, but traffic is terrible getting to the Metro Centre at the minute. Particularly in the morning.

Managed to grab Fox, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, the better of two Marth figures and finally Samus. All have pretty decent paint jobs, very happy with them.

Staff member who served me was incredibly patient and let me check the faces etc. Well worth the late trip to get 'em.

Hopefully that'll be the hardest of the figures to collect, should be able to stagger the purchase of the other 7 over the next few weeks.

You're probably aware, but traffic is terrible getting to the Metro Centre at the minute. Particularly in the morning.

Yeah, always hate going down there at this time of year. :(

Tempted to mosey down to GAME to see if they have any Mario or Samus amiibo, since ShopTo won't get me any for today :/

Yeah, always hate going down there at this time of year. :(

Went a couple of weeks ago and nearly couldn't get parked it was that busy. But they've decide to dig up the road everywhere around Newcastle which makes things x10 worse. Although wasn't too bad for me this morning.

Tempted to go after work, but not sure if I can be bothered.

I just (well, okay, a little while ago) got home with Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 11 amiibos (all of them except Mario, which I'm getting in the bundle next week)!

They didn't have many amiibos left in the store - even though I was there extremely early! - but I still managed to get one of each! And they all look great, too! Even Link and the infamous Marth. No bent swords or lazy eyes here! :yay:

I got an email last night from Amazon saying that three were coming but that Kirby was delayed until Dec 19th. They must have had stock difficulties as well.

Went into town to pick him up and Toysrus had not had their delivery yet and neither had Argos, but another argos nearby had 1 in stock. Went there and passed a GAME on the way that had none on display (and a massive queue) but did mange to pick up the one from the other Argos. Phew.

Weird mix of Apathy and stock shortages there.

@Ike and @tapedeck

I went to the Metro Centre this morning and here's what the deal is.

Asda: Tried checking there but because of it being Black Friday you had to que up to get to the entertainment section. The que was huge ( half 8 in the morning ) so I moved on.

Game ( downstairs blue section ): They had Amiibos in stock but as usual they are more expensive than other places at £11.99 a figure. I managed to get them all from here but I think I may have gotten the last Kirby and last Wii Fit Trainer. The guy said if anyone was wanting the whole set they should have beaten me to the punch. :D Funny as owt as he asked me which ones I wanted and I simply replied " All of them!" He looked horrified.

I decided to check around some more for you guys.

Game ( upstairs red section ): They had a very small supply, with no Kirby or Wii Fit trainer.

Toys R Us: These were a pound cheaper than Game and they had five of each model apart from Kirby and Wii Fit trainer. It seems those 2 are hard to find up here in the North East.

During my search I seen a number of shoddily packaged Amiibos, just like the ones I posted the other day.

I now have the task of having to try and find a place for 12 Amiibos. :D

Kinda regretting not grabbing a Kirby last night as well, augh. Might take my chances at GAME near work on lunch or my way home...

@Ike and @tapedeck

Asda: Tried checking there but because of it being Black Friday you had to que up to get to the entertainment section. The que was huge ( half 8 in the morning ) so I moved on.

Game ( downstairs blue section ): They had Amiibos in stock but as usual they are more expensive than other places at £11.99 a figure. I managed to get them all from here but I think I may have gotten the last Kirby and last Wii Fit Trainer. The guy said if anyone was wanting the whole set they should have beaten me to the punch. :D Funny as owt as he asked me which ones I wanted and I simply replied " All of them!" He looked horrified.

I decided to check around some more for you guys.

Game ( upstairs red section ): They had a very small supply, with no Kirby or Wii Fit trainer.

Toys R Us: These were a pound cheaper than Game and they had five of each model apart from Kirby and Wii Fit trainer. It seems those 2 are hard to find up here in the North East.

During my search I seen a number of shoddily packaged Amiibos, just like the ones I posted the other day.

I now have the task of having to try and find a place for 12 Amiibos. :D

11.99? Bloomin' 'eck!

And what do you mean space for 12? You mean 48?

Got dispatch notifications for all my amiibo yesterday. Then at 6 shopto said actually, they didn't go after all so they'll post them today... Nobs! Good job I ordered most (9) from Amazon!

Now, let's hope for no inbred ones!

Going to have a quick check in town on my way home, see if they've got any left. I'm happy enough to wait if they don't have any.

:D

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I managed to rifle through all of their figures and got a bozz-eyed link and derpy Marth...:blank:

They all look a little off for Link/Marth IMO. Only £11 in Grainger Games.

Mario and Pikachu look GLORIOUS. I was SO tempted...

They had no Villager/Wii Fit/Villager/DK's left.

Dude said they had been selling Wii U's most of the morning and that the Amiibo characters were popular. I had to explain to a parent what they all did as even the store clerk wasn't sure what they were for other than "you need them with Smash Bros." lol.

Either way - was nice to see some Ninty love amongst the parents buying Far Cry 4 for little Timmy on Christmas day. :heh:

My local Argos seem to have them all in stock, so it's worth checking there too. They're £10.99 there. Tempted to pick one up for myself but waiting to get a couple as a Christmas gift :)

Picking up the Link I need for my friend there and then returning the one I ordered from ShopTo when it arrives. They've agreed to cover the postage.

In good news, Smash is here!

I can confirm that Argos has them in stock in Cardiff as well. Just checked myself and put an order in for 1 to collect on my way home.

So fucking pissed off. So shopto told me yesterday I wasn't getting my 3 amiibo, adaptor or controller.

Then today amazing said we tried delivering but couldn't get access to the building. Which is a hideous lie, it's a public building, with a cafe, a lie they've given me twice - cunts did the same thing with Hyrule warriors. The lie pisses me off more than not getting my stuff to be honest. So they're going to try again tomorrow.

I'm done with Amazon. Fucking atrocious service.

Any good, cheap, quick bluray and game services people would recommend?

So, I have had "shipped" text messages for 3 of my 4 from ShopTo.

No Fox sent yet :(

Snagged a Kirby from Argos and Pikachu arrived at home today from Amazon (thanks to my kind understanding girlfriend!), so just five left to grab now. Expecting Mario, DK, Link, Peach and Yoshi to be relatively easy to track down in the next few weeks.

Is anyone actually buying these to use, or just to keep sealed?!

I'm wondering whether they're more use sealed for collectible purposes or actually open for in game use! :p

So fucking pissed off. So shopto told me yesterday I wasn't getting my 3 amiibo, adaptor or controller.

Then today amazing said we tried delivering but couldn't get access to the building. Which is a hideous lie, it's a public building, with a cafe, a lie they've given me twice - cunts did the same thing with Hyrule warriors. The lie pisses me off more than not getting my stuff to be honest. So they're going to try again tomorrow.

I'm done with Amazon. Fucking atrocious service.

Any good, cheap, quick bluray and game services people would recommend?

Amazon logistics have messed up my orders loads and I'll never order from them again. 'We tried to deliver' is bullshit; our building opens at 8am and they kept coming in at 6:30am..no fucking surprise as to why I couldn't pick it up. Eugh.