NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I think they've made a huge mistake with this.

Firstly, the figure quality looks bad, infinity figures are fantastic, these look like the cheap figures you get in the balls from machines... If they were infinity quality, I'd buy them ever they were used for, but they're too cheap to want to display....

Secondly. There isn't a game that uses them well. Smash is such a stupid way of using them, they need a game, like sky landers and infinity do, where you want to buy the figures to play the game, they need that one software, not tiny pointless useless in laods of games...

It's exactly the same mistake with the gamepad. Lots of little used which are quite nice, but not the one piece of software to really showcase that!

I don't think it'll do that well!

Yeah it seems a bit rushed, and shoehorned into things.

Also having read the name a few times on the forum now, I don't think I like it.

Oh boy, that does scream "the price tag will be comparable to Skylanders".

How many I get will depend on my job situation.

Firstly, the figure quality looks bad, infinity figures are fantastic, these look like the cheap figures you get in the balls from machines... If they were infinity quality, I'd buy them ever they were used for, but they're too cheap to want to display....

Couldn't disagree more, those look slick as fuck!

Can't wait for the Captain Falcon amiibo.

£10 per figure would be nice.

I wonder if they'll release non Smash Bros amiibos. What would the difference be between the Smash Bros Kirby and the Kirby U Kirby for instance.

Couldn't disagree more, those look slick as fuck!

Can't wait for the Captain Falcon amiibo.

In my defence we've had a better look at them now :)

They better not be £15 each. Can pick up Disney figures for a tenner (some I've got for £5) so hopefully that. £10 would be decent. £15 would mean I'll just get the ones I REALLY need!!

Do people think this will be hugely successful for Nintendo then?

Smash uses it in such a slight, bored line pointless way... it's simply not the game to launch it with and I've always thought that. So you can fight your figure and build it up... bothered, absolutely no incentive to buy them for this game. If all games use it in such pointless ways I just can't see them being that successful other than for fans who'd want the figures anyway. Still think they've missed it with all this!

Do people think this will be hugely successful for Nintendo then?

Succesful amongst the core, but considering they're still focussing on market expansion and they've clearly got this idea from the competition, no where near as successful as they're probably hoping it will be.

I wish they had a dedicated amiibo game lined up to use them. I'm sure they're working on it but it just seems like they could have waited before releasing the figures.

I wish they had a dedicated amiibo game lined up to use them. I'm sure they're working on it but it just seems like they could have waited before releasing the figures.

Yeah, this would have been a better way to launch them IMO. A Disney Infinity style game but set in a Nintendo world seems like a no brainer. As it stands, the figures seem to be kinda shoe horned into Smash.

I need them all and I don't know why :cry::cry::cry:

It's going to be so expensive. They said they'll be like $10 each and that they'll do one for every Smash character

That's like $500 ;;

Does anyone think Nintendo would be generous enough for these Amiibo figures to put extra characters in Mario Kart, while not non Mario game characters, but put Birdo in and you get the character? Kamek etc? Or even more generous and allow for Link, Zelda, Samus etc (would love this, but feels SO BIG a change they'd probably save it for Mario Kart X)

Does anyone think Nintendo would be generous enough for these Amiibo figures to put extra characters in Mario Kart, while not non Mario game characters, but put Birdo in and you get the character? Kamek etc? Or even more generous and allow for Link, Zelda, Samus etc (would love this, but feels SO BIG a change they'd probably save it for Mario Kart X)

They've said that it is going to work with Mario Kart 8 in some way, so I'm guessing new characters.

This is where it gets dangerous, because NINTENDO might think it is funny to include a prominent character from that other racing series they have, but it really isn't, ....it really isn't.

Captain Falcon joining Mario Kart before he joins his own series should be a crime.

I wonder how they'll be used in Yoshi's Wooly World and especially Captain Toad!

Huh, have they been confirmed for them two?

It is a really good idea, it's quite exciting to see how they're going to be used. Best DLC device ever! Would certainly make me buy more and more!

Huh, have they been confirmed for them two?

It is a really good idea, it's quite exciting to see how they're going to be used. Best DLC device ever! Would certainly make me buy more and more!

Yeah, there's a shot of all the figures in a case and it has a list of games that will support them. These two were on that list.

Bp0vwliIcAEq1wA.jpg

Here's a similar pic. You can see Yoshi and Mario Party here.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I see no problem with the quality of the Amiibos. And they seem a lot larger than I thought they would be.

However, I've heard they'll cost as much as Skylanders figures.

Never bought any myself, so I googled them, and two figures cost 40€ here in Sweden. If that's the case, I find them pricey. I'd love to have a large collection of Nintendo characters and items on display in my shelf. But at that price, that would be ridiculously expensive. Espescially considering the gimmicky implementation so far. 5-10€ a pop is what I think they should sell them at.

I bought two Mass Effect 3 figures for the same price as two single packed Skylanders toys. And those figures are huge, posable and really well-detailed.

Fuck.

These kind of thing are so expensive. I don't think any of these stupid products should be more than like...£5.99 (I'm talking Skylanders etc too), they're just damn plastic figures with a bit of tech in.

Annoyed because these are good quality, look awesome and .....ugh. Need.

Here's a few details from IGN.

No size requirements for amiibo figures being considered

Miyamoto would like to see an arwing (possibility of item amiibo's)

Working on the possibility of Mii Amiibos through some type of ordering system

While Amiibos work through all supported games, they will come in game specific versions where the amiibo will have certain abilities only within that game. EG: smash bros amiibo will have abilities in the game that a regular amiibo won't have

Amiibo's planned for all characters in smash bros (3rd party IP amiibo?)

I neeeeeeed an Amiibo Mii!

I wonder how they'll be used in Yoshi's Wooly World and especially Captain Toad!

Captain Yoshi.

Captain Icarus.

Captain Samus.

Captain Link.

You get the idea :D

Would be TOO cute!