NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Does anyone remember this Don of a programme? I've managed to come across the first series on "DVD" [s'been ripped straight from Channel 4] and has only six episodes, I could've sworn I remember more.

Truly is a Shabtastic show which really should come back... for the past couple of days I've been re-reading the memorable quotes from Imdb just because they're so genius.

Anyone!?

yo! this show was genius. my brother also found a 'dvd' copy on ebay.

'tell me something, am I holding a cock of shit!? is this hospital called 'saint cock of shit!?'

"When I was 16 I was told that my balls didn't work. They dropped, but they just kept on going, and it was a question of either having them removed or going around with really long balls...like a couple of marbles in a hiking sock. I chose the latter option and fortune favoured me because the day I hit 30 they winched right back up. Point is, I thought of myself as a freak, an 'other'. For years I wondered what my goolies would sire, would it be human? Thankfully when I impregnated my wife Pam, she dutifully gave birth to twins...a huge relief...though for years I couldn't shake off the fears that one of them might eat the other...luckily they didn't...which I put down to good parenting"

I love how suspicious Rick and Sanchez are of the temp worker.

Sanchez: What do you think then? Android?

Rick: It's possible. I haven't seen him eat or drink anything since he turned up at nine this morning, and it's half one now. Keep 'em peeled - we may have to kill him.

As soon as my flatmate copies the DVD [he borrowed it from a friend] I'm going to watch them all again. It has to come back.

thing is, they always say how there were only ever six episodes made. its kinda pre planned quit while you're ahead.

what i can't understand is why isnt it already out on real dvd?

what i can't understand is why isnt it already out on real dvd?

Because Channel 4 are rubbish.

On the plus side the first episode is legally avaliable here clicky clicky

Do not buy a booteg DVD on eBay. You can find it for free at various Bit Torrent outlets.

Or wait for the nearly completed official DVD to be released.

I’m firing off this missive to calm my flock o’chill-dren. First off the bat, thanks are due to those of you who continue to blow the torch of Darkplace, notably all at the ‘Save Darkplace’ website. Cheers fellas, keep up the bad work (by which I mean good work). I owe you a figurative beer. (You won’t actually get a beer from me).

The news on a second season of Darkplace is thus. There is no news. Sadly the rest of the tapes of mein meisterwerk are likely to remain chez Marenghi unless the world makes some kind of evolutionary leap and catches up with my vision. And, between you, me and the proverbial, I think I might have taped over one of them with an episode of The Thornbirds. Tant pis, the digital versatile disc is nearing completion and will feature the following terrifying treatlets:

Commentaries to all episodes

Deleted scenes

Test footage

Original ‘One Track Lover’ Single (Extended Version)

Over an hour of extra talking heads

Photo galleries

Original radio ads

Original storyboards and storyboard to scene comparisons

Plus more

In short, it will render all previous DVDs redundant. (And shut down those shameless profiteering sons of bitches on E-bay.) I will let you know the release date as soon as I have it or pretty soon after I have it.

Till then, I remain your obedient shaman, Garth Marenghi

http://www.garthmarenghi.com/my_news.htm

Sign in to follow this