NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

NFC-style Nintendo game(s) incoming

I'm sure that's just a mockup, he's in that pose to highlight the title of the illustration. But yeah just 2.5/3 inches tall I reckon

My cousin's dog works for Nintendo and he woofed that there will be pokeball NFP figures and those will be how you obtain usable Pokeballs in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, with the prices of which being a literal conversion from in game currency to yen.

£1.20 a pokeball! £7 and ultra ball! THE FUTURE OF POKEMON.

Well it's definitely gonna be interesting too see what they cook up with these...

My cousin's dog works for Nintendo and he woofed that there will be pokeball NFP figures and those will be how you obtain usable Pokeballs in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, with the prices of which being a literal conversion from in game currency to yen.

£1.20 a pokeball! £7 and ultra ball! THE FUTURE OF POKEMON.

Considering the popularity of Pokémon, blind bags, small collectible figures and NFC figures, it will be odd if something like this doesn't happen.

Considering the popularity of Pokémon, blind bags, small collectible figures and NFC figures, it will be odd if something like this doesn't happen.

It would be odd if they didn't go Pokemon mad, but I think it would strange if they took my idea literally and you paid £7 for an NFC Ultra ball that gave you one ultra ball in game haha.

But I definitely could see them having stacks of items available as a bonus with the NFC figure. Maybe as a double lottery? The figure is a mystery, and so is the in-game item that is pre-loaded onto it.

I just worry it being used in lots of games a tiny bit won't be enough. Surely they need at least one title that demands them, and other titles as extra bonuses!

Honestly a Disney Infinity style Nintendo game would be the next Pokemon...

Has to happen.

Gametrailers talk at length about Nintendo's NFC announcement in their latest video/podcast...

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/1f6cax/gt-time-giving-ea-one-more-chance

They make the very good point that Nintendo need the right game behind this.

The reason Disney Infinity works so well is because it bridges the gap between Disney Movies and games... where as with Nintendo it's what? Nintendo games... and games? Nintendo can't just sell you figures where you are putting Mario into the game and then start platforming as Mario for example, because you can already get that experience, and if anything asking you to buy a figure to now do so is taking something away from you that was previous free.

A £40 game based around Monsters Inc would arguably be a terrible cash in, like wise with a lot of Disney movie type games, so this is why Disney Infinty, along with the ToyBox concept works so well, because it gives you these more bitesize 10hr gaming experiences of the Disney movie worlds and they're also interconnected.

Nintendo can do a great job with this, but it needs to be supported in the right way,

Honestly a Disney Infinity style Nintendo game would be the next Pokemon...

Has to happen.

Yes to this. Even if it didn't attract more people to the console, just the Nintendo core fans buying would net Nintendo so much money their pockets would explode with coins. And that's just the Nintendo Universe Smash type approach.

Gamefreak bagging in a Pokemon Universe one too, would just be like the most insane money spinner, probably in the history of all Nintendo profit.

The only problem I can see is Nintendo being slow on the release, literally trickling the toys/gameplay sets out; Pokemon sets being released at a mind-stoppingly awkward slow rate.

The idea of this sounds great, but this could potentially be veeeeery, very expensive. Will wait to see what happens before I judge.

All of this Disney Infinity stuff seems to be getting good reviews, right? If so, no reason why Nintendo can't do something similar.

The idea of this sounds great, but this could potentially be veeeeery, very expensive. Will wait to see what happens before I judge.

All of this Disney Infinity stuff seems to be getting good reviews, right? If so, no reason why Nintendo can't do something similar.

I was watching a few Infinity video's the other night and have noticed it's mainly the ToyBox mode that's the main draw. Ala Minecraft, the creation is a huge part of the appeal. I'd love to see Nintendo do this so we can create our own worlds or Mario Kart tracks. Even giving objects to characters from other universes would be neat. Infinity has items like Buzz Kightyear's jet pack/gun. Nintendo could have the FLUDD or Zelda etc. available. It could be awesome.

Unfortunately, Nintendo have yet to allow gamers to really create their own worlds/tracks in their games. This is where they could really embrace this idea and step up into the sharing/online community. Allow 'worlds' like Pokemon/Mario/Zelda/Metroid/StarFox/FZero/Donkey Kong/Earthbound/Mario Kart (Sanic too!) to be bought and give gamers the chance to build and play. They can then take their characters into mainline games too. (Which would still maintain their value as they are so good...and could come with new item disks for their Infinity-style game).

The WiiU GamePad suits this perfectly and, as they haven't got minecraft on their systems, it sits as a huge untapped market for them. ::shrug:

Just an idea - but as others have said, the potential is there. Just call it Nintendo 'Universe' please! :heh:

Sign in to follow this