NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

What city do you reckon they'll edit to be like it in ORAS? Rustboro, Slateport or Lilycove? :p

It's hard to say. It would take quite a bit of reimagining any city in Hoenn for it, maybe in the post-game region? We do have the hint from the guy who gives you the strange souvenir after all, unless the different region was a massive red herring.

So who knows? Maybe we'll get a second region ala Gold and Silver, maybe they'll be all political and have us visit something modelled on Senkaku! (Though my guess would be Shikoku or Okinawa if they actually do a second region)

The crack pots over at /vp/ have some theorists that believe it'll be the same story line and characters, but a completely redesigned region.

It's hard to say. It would take quite a bit of reimagining any city in Hoenn for it, maybe in the post-game region? We do have the hint from the guy who gives you the strange souvenir after all, unless the different region was a massive red herring.

So who knows? Maybe we'll get a second region ala Gold and Silver, maybe they'll be all political and have us visit something modelled on Senkaku! (Though my guess would be Shikoku or Okinawa if they actually do a second region)

The crack pots over at /vp/ have some theorists that believe it'll be the same story line and characters, but a completely redesigned region.

I've seen quite a few rumblings about that too, mostly going off the fact that announcement video mentions a "dramatic new world". Bit weird of them to call Hoenn a "new" world...

But nah, I don't think it'll be redesigned too significantly really. Of course changes will be made, what with it being 3D now and all, but not THAT dramatic (unless there's also another smaller region to go along with it...)

I've seen quite a few rumblings about that too, mostly going off the fact that announcement video mentions a "dramatic new world". Bit weird of them to call Hoenn a "new" world...

But nah, I don't think it'll be redesigned too significantly really. Of course changes will be made, what with it being 3D now and all, but not THAT dramatic (unless there's also another smaller region to go along with it...)

I think it's just marketing talk for the new fans. Pokemon still has a lot of kid players, for them it'll be brand new.

If it does change, there's probably some engine restriction to it, or that it doesn't artistically work well in 3D.

Oh man, Luminose City..

It felt so refreshing at first, but I think the lack of any camera controls killed the appeal very quickly.

You know they realised they designed it badly when they put short cuts in so you can actually find the places.

I think it will be a new town if they add one to Hoenn. It does makes me wonder why they didn't mentioned Hoenn in the reveal trailer though.

Here's a live link though, it's on it 5 minutes.

Edit: Or not, got to wait until after the Anime episode airs...

Edited by Ike

Amazing stuff. MEGA PANTENE CONFIRMED. MEGA LANCHU SETTO CONFIRMED. MEGA POKEMON COCKKU RINGU CONFIRMED. MEGA TROLLING AND 5 SECONDS OF OPENING CONFIRMED. #onceinalifetime

Lol. Yup... I blame Serebii. :P

He'll wonder what we're complaining about ;)

Wow that was rubbish I thought it was gameplay where was it?

Good save it for E3

If this is their plan, it's an annoying plan, but a very fucking good one.

Why? the surprise has gone.

I kinda fucking agree... Would have made E3 the more spectacular in hindsight. Annoying.

Why? the surprise has gone.

True, the surprise would have made it even more amazing, but I'm absolutely pining for more information and footage now, and this is hyping me up for it.

I guess they just couldn't bear to have the negative, financial news looming and needed something to prop things up a bit. There's no way that wasn't the intention.

True, the surprise would have made it even more amazing, but I'm absolutely pining for more information and footage now, and this is hyping me up for it.

I guess they just couldn't bear to have the negative, financial news looming and needed something to prop things up a bit. There's no way that wasn't the intention.

Get TV was filmed over a month in advance...

Nintendo wouldn't be the ones who decide on when to announce the game directly, that would be The Pokemon Company's duty.

If TPC would rather wait till E3, then that's what they'd do. Obviously they want to save the first footage till then, but still wanted to get the word out before then (probably to not let it get overshadowed by anything else during the event. It's not like Pokemon isn't big enough in of itself to generate hype without the backing of a big event like E3 - and Pokemon games are very rarely announced during E3 itself anyway).

There's that, too.

CoroCoro promises that new content will come & be revealed in the issue next month, currently set for release on June 14th 2014

Somehow, the footage shown didn't surprise me in the slightest. I knew it was going to be nothing interesting.

I'm still hyped for OmegaRuby though, despite 3rd gen being one of my least favourite games in the series.

Somehow, the footage shown didn't surprise me in the slightest. I knew it was going to be nothing interesting.

I'm still hyped for OmegaRuby though, despite 3rd gen being one of my least favourite games in the series.

Be honest though, you were at least expecting to see the Mega versions of them though. It actually managed to underwhelm even my lowest expectations :laughing:

Be honest though, you were at least expecting to see the Mega versions of them though. It actually managed to underwhelm even my lowest expectations :laughing:

Nope! If there was any chance of a cut-scene featuring the legendaries, that was what they were going to show.

I love how the footage is literally "Here's the bit where Groudon is awakened" and then straight after, "And here's the same thing with a less cool Pokemon"

There's that, too.

CoroCoro promises that new content will come & be revealed in the issue next month, currently set for release on June 14th 2014

That's rubbish so I got to wait a long time hope we get something at E3

Nope! If there was any chance of a cut-scene featuring the legendaries, that was what they were going to show.

I love how the footage is literally "Here's the bit where Groudon is awakened" and then straight after, "And here's the same thing with a less cool Pokemon"

Yup!

2527170-pokemon.jpgI AM... AWEEESSSOOMMMEEE!!!!

PokeORASLegendaries-610.jpg Herp...Groudon please kill me...

Why the fuck is Groudon in the water though? This sounds like a very ill thought out idea, fucking idiot.THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE KYOGRE WANTS YOU.

Why the fuck is Groudon in the water though? This sounds like a very ill thought out idea, fucking idiot.THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE KYOGRE WANTS YOU.

Have you played the original game? :p