NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Because I don't want to. I like to try and stick to what is available in the game. Otherwise I feel like I'm cheating. Odd, I know.

The point I'm making here is that I'm 12 hours in and there are still no decent Pokemon to catch despite the fact that 135 new Pokemon were added in gen 3.

I'm 100% sure that I could get a team of 6 out of those no problem.

At the minute though, I have 2 from gen 3 on my current team of 4, and that's because the availability seems slower than the other games.

It's a criticism that I think is quite fair and one that I'm allowed to have. :blank:

But yeah, it is what it is.

Of course you are allowed to be critical, but I find it hard to understand. How do you define 'bad Pokemon'? The radar thingy also makes it extremely easy to capture Pokemon with good moves and abilities.

Just seems a bit harsh or puzzling that you find there to be no decent Pokemon after 12 hours.But ah well, just saying.

Because I don't want to. I like to try and stick to what is available in the game. Otherwise I feel like I'm cheating. Odd, I know.

The point I'm making here is that I'm 12 hours in and there are still no decent Pokemon to catch despite the fact that 135 new Pokemon were added in gen 3.

I'm 100% sure that I could get a team of 6 out of those no problem.

At the minute though, I have 2 from gen 3 on my current team of 4, and that's because the availability seems slower than the other games.

It's a criticism that I think is quite fair and one that I'm allowed to have. :blank:

But yeah, it is what it is.

You've done the 4th gym, right?

So you should have access to the desert.

At this point, I think you might not be looking hard enough.

Just off the top of my head, you could get a Trapinch and a Cacnea, do a bit of backtracking and you could get a Zangoose. Roselia is a very good Pokemon, thanks to Roserade existing.

And I've always liked Grumpig, even if I'm the only one here who thinks so

Manectric is also a good choice thanks to it's Mega Evolution.

And I'm sure some people here could vouch for Breloom's awesomeness. And that's available from before the 1st gym!

That's more than 6 decent 3rd gen Pokemon right there, and there's more coming up.

I've purposefully left out Pokemon from the first two gens, so that gives even more choice.

You've done the 4th gym, right?

So you should have access to the desert.

At this point, I think you might not be looking hard enough.

Just off the top of my head, you could get a Trapinch and a Cacnea, do a bit of backtracking and you could get a Zangoose. Roselia is a very good Pokemon, thanks to Roserade existing.

And I've always liked Grumpig, even if I'm the only one here who thinks so

Manectric is also a good choice thanks to it's Mega Evolution.

And I'm sure some people here could vouch for Breloom's awesomeness. And that's available from before the 1st gym!

That's more than 6 decent 3rd gen Pokemon right there, and there's more coming up.

I've purposefully left out Pokemon from the first two gens, so that gives even more choice.

Off the top of my head:

Ninjask

Shedinja

Vigorth

Crobat

Mesmerain(sp)

Swellow

Aron/Lairon

Nuzleaf/Shiftry

Beautifly

With your starter, there should be loads of coverage.

@Guy - did you end up trading in?

If so, where if you don't mind me asking?

Hey, probably gonna trade it in tomorrow. GAME in my town will beat CEX nearby prices by a pound, so I'll get £31 or so credit for it.

Hey, probably gonna trade it in tomorrow. GAME in my town will beat CEX nearby prices by a pound, so I'll get £31 or so credit for it.

Blimey. Good going. Thanks! :)

Find it little disappointing that Nintendo/Game Freaks rarely drop an event pokemon for Western trainers. I know that we can get those hidden ability Unova Starters via WonderTrade but it would be brilliant if they give the Western trainers same treatments they gave to the Japanese trainers. :|

Find it little disappointing that Nintendo/Game Freaks rarely drop an event pokemon for Western trainers. I know that we can get those hidden ability Unova Starters via WonderTrade but it would be brilliant if they give the Western trainers same treatments they gave to the Japanese trainers. :|

Oh yeah, that contrary Snivy is available.

Serperior might actually be somewhat useful now.

If anyone could hook me up with one, I'd be very grateful! (Or the other hidden ability starters for that matter)

The implication there is that they decide to do events for one and not the other

Game Freak decide events for Japan and Japan alone.

Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe decide the events for other regions.

Japan typically gets more events because people actually attend them so places are willing to hold. It's not fair to claim they treat Japan better because they are different divisions deciding these things.

Oh yeah, that contrary Snivy is available.

Serperior might actually be somewhat useful now.

If anyone could hook me up with one, I'd be very grateful! (Or the other hidden ability starters for that matter)

The event is active in the US/EU in case you didn't know. The code is POKEMON497.

To pass down the hidden ability via breeding, do I need female versions?

The event is active in the US/EU in case you didn't know. The code is POKEMON497.

Yep, DCubed informed me. Already have one, but thanks anyway.

You don't need female Pokemon to pass hidden abilities anymore.

Males can pass it down if you breed it with a Ditto, it's less likely, but still possible.

80% chances for Female (with same egg groups/ditto) and 20% chances for Male/Genderless (with Ditto) to pass their hidden ability.

80% chances for Female (with same egg groups/ditto) and 20% chances for Male/Genderless (with Ditto) to pass their hidden ability.

Not quite.

It's 80% for a female to pass standard. 60% for Hidden.

For males with Ditto, it's ~50%. It's definitely not 20%. I was breeding my Contrary Serperior a couple weeks back. Got 2 boxes with Contrary and 1 with Overgrow. If anything, that indicates 60%

Yeah, it's certainly not 20%. Or I got lucky. Got sick of resetting for a female. Breed a female Snivy but it had Overgrow. :(

In case people didn't see, UK Nationals are on May 30th/31st in Manchester at the Event City area.

I know most of you won't go, though I know @EEVILMURRAY will

In case people didn't see, UK Nationals are on May 30th/31st in Manchester at the Event City area.

I know most of you won't go, though I know @EEVILMURRAY will

Let it just be said, I'll be there for the TCG nats, which is in the same building and will hopefully be better run this year. On both tournaments.

You best let me know if we're sat next to each other again, instead of Marti telling me after :P

Then I can have a picture, saying that I knew who you were before knowing that you were some sort of Pokémon website sensation.:awesome:

Emboar with it's hidden ability, Reckless (Powers up moves that have recoil damage by 20%) is available from Mystery Gift.

You get it via a code and that code is POKEMON500.

Took me a while but I managed beat the Elite Four and caught many AS Legendaries as I can. Now I'm doing the Delta Episode. ;D

Let it just be said, I'll be there for the TCG nats, which is in the same building and will hopefully be better run this year. On both tournaments.

You best let me know if we're sat next to each other again, instead of Marti telling me after :P

Then I can have a picture, saying that I knew who you were before knowing that you were some sort of Pokémon website sensation.:awesome:

#SerebiiSelfie?

Guess I must have a good luck cos Crescent Isle that contains Cresselia is visible during my quest to catch every obtainable legendaries in Alpha Sapphire.

Oh good. I can FINALLY comment. I don't know why it didn't work before.

Hello guys, I am new.

I am playing Omega Ruby right now, and I'm in Lilycove City.

My team is:

"Nimbus" the Altaria - Level 37

"Terraris" the Camerupt - Level 38

"Kipper" the Swampert - Level 38 (Holding Swampertite)

Gallade - Level 39

"Basslord" the Loudred - Level 38 (This one is from the shaking grass, and it had Hammer Arm, which was really usefull, since I didn't have a fighting type till Norman, Gallade, but he won't know any fighting move till Level 55 anyway)

Chesnaught - Level 39 (WonderTrade)

Welcome to the forums @MasterCharmander13 it's always good to see some fresh faces signing up who are genuine posters. : peace:

I reached roughly the same area of the game in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire when I was last playing it, from what I can recall none of my team are much about level 40. I would have played more but there are so many games out at the moment, though I will resolve to finish the game at some point. :D

That will definitely be within the next few months as I can't forget to claim the codes for those special ability Serperior, Emboar and Samurott event download Pokémon as they will surely make decent additions to my team, I've always liked the series though I've found myself playing it gradually less with each incarnation even though I always finish the story eventually. :heh:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay and if you have any Pokémon related questions our resident expert @Serebii - you may have heard of his site ;) I hear it's the biggest Pokémon resource on the internet or something? :heh: - will surely be happy to help. :)