NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

I really think I'm gonna trade my copy of Omega Ruby in while I can still get a decent price for it. There just isn't anything about the game that's keeping me playing like with Y. I'm just going through the motions for the sake of it.

I think the lame 3rd gen Pokemon, constant water and lack of trainer customisation is ruining it for me, what a bummer. I was really hoping I could get over the inability to wear different hats, but it's killing me inside.

I'm surpised you aren't asking Serebii.

Who me?

Well, I prefer Bulbapedia. :heh:

And @Guy I completely hear you.

I am not enjoying the layout of this region at all.

However I only very briefly played Sapphire when it first came out and I was looking forward to getting this.

But I can see why people think it's the weakest main game.

It seems like there are loads of water sections like you say, and trying to get a decent team together is impossible at the minute.

All the wild Pokemon are complete crap. Some of them may be ok to use for a short period, but no way will they last in a main team towards the end of the game.

I do think I'll finish it, but I'm not enjoying the experience.

Nothing but nothing will top Black / White for me.

They were the best Pokemon games ever.

All the wild Pokemon are complete crap. Some of them may be ok to use for a short period, but no way will they last in a main team towards the end of the game.

Only early Pokemon I kept was Ralts because Gardevoir/Gallade is boss. But yeah, you more likely than not won't keep any early Pokemon you find. Apart from Mawile and Ralts, all my Pokemon came from round the 5th Gym onwards. But just you wait till you reach the end of the main Team Magma/Aqua story arc, you'll be able to find so many good Pokemon to battle the last gym and the Elite 4 with.

Who me?

I see you like to live dangerously... :p

Only early Pokemon I kept was Ralts because Gardevoir/Gallade is boss.

Quote for truth. Gardevoir one of me faves. And I shall persevere. : peace:

I see you like to live dangerously... :p

Hahaha. You know I was kiddin, right. :heh:

Hahaha. You know I was kiddin, right. :heh:

Better be :p

EXP Share works the same as in XY

Passed the third gym now with 9 hours on the clock and finally starting to enjoy a little bit more.

Caught myself a Numel as I realised I've never had a Camerupt in my team before and I like the mix of Fire / Ground. And I also like how the stats of Camerupt are evenly spread. No obvious weaknesses apart from its speed, but I'm not massively bothered about that even though I do tend to enjoy speedy Pokemon who attack first.

Now to get me a Muk!! : peace:

I think the lame 3rd gen Pokemon,

*Looks at own avatar*

I don't like your taste in Pokemon.

3rd gen has quite a few of my all-time favourite Pokemon.

Seriously, 5th gen is the only one I'd say has better Pokemon.

You just gotta ignore Zigzagoon and the like.

constant water

You need a Sharpedo, dude. It's one of the few things that are actually neat in this game.

lack of trainer customisation is ruining it for me, what a bummer. I was really hoping I could get over the inability to wear different hats, but it's killing me inside.

Now that I agree with.

Doesn't help that Brendan's design is uber rubbish now...

I've been thinking about why I don't like Omega Ruby so much, considering I love the other remakes.

I think it's the feeling that Game Freak made the game with a "That'll do" attitude.

Now, of course, I can't ever prove that. But it's the impression I got from it.

There are, of course, some well made parts. Soaring is fantastic.

But apart from those rare moments when something is different. (Mauville City, abandoned Ship and the like) The rest felt pretty bare bones.

New Mauville might as well not exist. They tease us with the Battle Frontier. Legendary Pokemon from other games are shoehorned in (Their music is just ripped straight from the original games, and it shows) to make it seem like there's some post-game content.

Episode Delta was nothing more than flying back and forth until you got to a dissapointing Sky Pillar.

Gym Leaders still have the exact same Pokemon, a step back from HG/SS. And they can't be rematched.

I could go on.

*Looks at own avatar*

I don't like your taste in Pokemon.

3rd gen has quite a few of my all-time favourite Pokemon.

Seriously, 5th gen is the only one I'd say has better Pokemon.

You just gotta ignore Zigzagoon and the like.

You need a Sharpedo, dude. It's one of the few things that are actually neat in this game.

Now that I agree with.

Doesn't help that Brendan's design is uber rubbish now...

I've been thinking about why I don't like Omega Ruby so much, considering I love the other remakes.

I think it's the feeling that Game Freak made the game with a "That'll do" attitude.

Now, of course, I can't ever prove that. But it's the impression I got from it.

There are, of course, some well made parts. Soaring is fantastic.

But apart from those rare moments when something is different. (Mauville City, abandoned Ship and the like) The rest felt pretty bare bones.

New Mauville might as well not exist. They tease us with the Battle Frontier. Legendary Pokemon from other games are shoehorned in (Their music is just ripped straight from the original games, and it shows) to make it seem like there's some post-game content.

Episode Delta was nothing more than flying back and forth until you got to a dissapointing Sky Pillar.

Gym Leaders still have the exact same Pokemon, a step back from HG/SS. And they can't be rematched.

I could go on.

Plus they still haven't improved their 3D engine one damn bit! It was unacceptable in X&Y and it's still unacceptable here!

Even if they have to make it a New3DS only game, they really need to sort it out in gen 7 (assuming that they pull another Black/White).

That being said, the best Pokemon games are always the ones that follow up from the ones that start the hardware generation. They always get better as time goes on with each piece of hardware...

GSC >> RBY

FRLG >> RSE

HGSS >> DPP

BW/BW2 >> HGSS

ORAS >> XY

I have high expectations of gen 7. I don't think it's going to match BW/BW2 (AKA, the best in the series), but it should rightfully be much better than X&Y or even ORAS.

My favourites are Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal and X/Y. Everything else really did nothing for me.

My favourites are Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal and X/Y. Everything else really did nothing for me.

Even Black and White?!!

The fuck is wrong with you? :heh:

Even Black and White?!!

The fuck is wrong with you? :heh:

Just about to say the same thing, minus the swearing.

The fact that you put X/Y over Black/White really does throw me for a loop though.

Who me?

And @Guy I completely hear you.

I am not enjoying the layout of this region at all.

However I only very briefly played Sapphire when it first came out and I was looking forward to getting this.

But I can see why people think it's the weakest main game.

It seems like there are loads of water sections like you say, and trying to get a decent team together is impossible at the minute.

I do think I'll finish it, but I'm not enjoying the experience.

Nothing but nothing will top Black / White for me.

They were the best Pokemon games ever.

To be fair, I can't remember ever really going to the the Elite 4 with Pokemon like: Butterfree, Raticate, tons of other normal types, bug types and water types - Pokemon you encounter earlier.

And I think this game gives you enough opportunity to trade for your ideal team or use the radar to catch stronger and better skilled wild Pokemon.

The earlier Pokemon in ORAS aren't too bad: Ninjask/Shedinja, Swellow, Slakoth, Aron, Breloom - to name a few.

::shrug:

Edited by King_V

And I think this game gives you enough opportunity to trade for your ideal team or use the radar to catch stronger and better skilled wild Pokemon.

The earlier Pokemon in ORAS aren't too bad: Ninjask/Shedinja, Swellow, Slakoth, Aron, Breloom - to name a few.

I never did understand why 3rd gen is so looked down upon when it comes to Pokemon.

I think it's because Pokemon like Zigzagoon, Wingull and Poochyena are so overused by computer trainers, it becomes a bit tiresome.

That and most people being discouraged to catch new Pokemon by wild Pokemon being a much lower level than what's needed. So they normally end up with a team built on the first few routes.

Of course, this is all conjecture on my part. I used a team of Pokemon from generations that didn't exist when the original games came out.

And now there's a Seismitoad beating up a Mega Metagross on my credits screen forever and ever to prove it.

To be fair, I can't remember ever really going to the the Elite 4 with Pokemon like: Butterfree, Raticate, tons of other normal types, bug types and water types - Pokemon you encounter earlier.

Really? Well I've certainly been to the Elite 4 with a Butterfree, not sure about the others but that's only because they suck. :heh:

And those Pokemon you mention - Swellow is the only decent one I found worthy for my team. I thought about Slakoth, but that truant ability is completely crippling.

I think the problem with this game is that the locations just don't flow like they normally do. I find myself struggling to keep up with where I am and where I need to be because of all of the ferrying about and then the multiple routes out of towns, some taking you nowhere and some into a new place.

I also hate the place where you get the bike. That's one messed up square shaped weird city. :shakehead (can't remember the name :heh: )

But yeah as I said I find it is getting better, but it isn't a game I'm really enjoying like I did with the others. I think it's because of the reasons mentioned and because there's never anything exciting when you go into wild grass. I got excited when I encountered an Electrike the other night - that's what I'm reduced to with this game!!

Still, onwards and upwards! : peace:

I also hate the place where you get the bike. That's one messed up square shaped weird city. :shakehead (can't remember the name :heh: )

Mauville City? But I like the new Mauville City. One of the bits that actually made me smile. (I know full well you didn't play through the original)

Even if it is just a place to shove all the items and features that appeared after Gen 3.

At the risk of sounding rude, it's not THAT hard to find your way around it.

Lumiose City is confusing, Mauville City is not.

Mauville City? But I like the new Mauville City. One of the bits that actually made me smile. (I know full well you didn't play through the original)

Even if it is just a place to shove all the items and features that appeared after Gen 3.

At the risk of sounding rude, it's not THAT hard to find your way around it.

Lumiose City is confusing, Mauville City is not.

Yeah I already said I never played through the original...

Think I'll shut up in here now anyway. :indeed:

I'm rather annoyed with the lack of post game content. The delta episode was good fun, but after that, there's so little incentive to play again. I guess I expected a bit more of a remake. (battle frontier cough cough) The presentation was really good though, the little cutscenes scattered over the story really added a lot! I also felt way more connected to the characters than the ones in XY.

That being said nothing even comes close to the superior B2/W2 :)

Hoping to complete this at some point this weekend. I'm just not motivated to even reach the post game this time around, Delta Episode does not excite me at all.

The lack of a Battle Frontier is just too much.

I just finished the 4th gym, Flannery. So weak. I'm currently training a Numel at level 26. It didn't lose any health throughout all 3 battles. 4 moves and bam. Gone.

Worst gyms ever.

I'm enjoying it slightly more now though, but the wild Pokemon remain extremely poor. You'd think being so far in you'd get a little better selection. But having searched round the grass in the area I'm currently in, the best I got was a Machop. :indeed:

Onto the next gym!

I just finished the 4th gym, Flannery. So weak. I'm currently training a Numel at level 26. It didn't lose any health throughout all 3 battles. 4 moves and bam. Gone.

Worst gyms ever.

I'm enjoying it slightly more now though, but the wild Pokemon remain extremely poor. You'd think being so far in you'd get a little better selection. But having searched round the grass in the area I'm currently in, the best I got was a Machop. :indeed:

Onto the next gym!

Why not just trade for the pokemon you want?

I mean, it is what it is...

Why not just trade for the pokemon you want?

I mean, it is what it is...

Because I don't want to. I like to try and stick to what is available in the game. Otherwise I feel like I'm cheating. Odd, I know.

The point I'm making here is that I'm 12 hours in and there are still no decent Pokemon to catch despite the fact that 135 new Pokemon were added in gen 3.

I'm 100% sure that I could get a team of 6 out of those no problem.

At the minute though, I have 2 from gen 3 on my current team of 4, and that's because the availability seems slower than the other games.

It's a criticism that I think is quite fair and one that I'm allowed to have. :blank:

But yeah, it is what it is.