NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Would be pretty disappointed if trainer customisation is gone from the new games. That said, I wouldn't be surprised. Classic Pokemon Company two steps forward, one step back approach to everything.

Would be pretty disappointed if trainer customisation is gone from the new games. That said, I wouldn't be surprised. Classic Pokemon Company two steps forward, one step back approach to everything.

To be fair, it is a remake

To be fair, it is a remake

But Brendan looks laaaaaame in this game. You know, like how Gold... Oh wait, sorry, Ethan, looks way cooler in the original version of Gold.

I wouldn't have minded so much if I could customize him, but being stuck with that really annoys me. Would it have really been that hard to add a few shops and just nick the clothes from X and Y?

Here's Brendan's artwork from Emerald.

Emerald_Brendan.png

And here's the new one.

200px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Brendan.png

Why is he not wearing those trousers anymore?

Black on shoes looks more consistent with the outfit. Why change the colour to white, but not the outfit? It just clashes.

Does there need to be a Poke Ball logo on the bag strap? I think we all know what game we're playing.

I liked it better when the shirt's black sections actually connected to each other.

His wristbands are gone, although I'll chalk that up to the Mega stones and all that. So, I'm OK with that.

Why is he tan? I mean, don't get me wrong, it doesn't bug me that much. Just wondering.

But the biggest, most noticeable change is also the one that annoys me the most...

What's wrong with his hat!?

It used to be all spiky and rad, now it's all curvy and odd.

What's wrong with his hat!?

It used to be all spiky and rad, now it's all curvy and odd.

You mean it now looks like a hat and won't get confused for white hair?..

But that was cool! As far as main character designs in Pokemon go, Brendan was one of the more unique looking ones.

I know, it's not saying much, but still...

And I know this is opinion, but it looks more like the top of Mega Mewtwo Y's head than a hat.

The new male trainer design seems to be embracing the aquatic nature of the region. I was never a fan of that hat, but I'll try not to let it ruin the game for me.

I prefer the secret bases to trainer customisation, myself.

Why is he not wearing those trousers anymore?

I'm actually glad he's not wearing two separate pairs of trousers at the same time.

But really, my main concern is that the new Brendan has creepy eyes. Like he's going to kill someone while keeping that happy grin in is face.

I'm actually glad he's not wearing two separate pairs of trousers at the same time.

But really, my main concern is that the new Brendan has creepy eyes. Like he's going to kill someone while keeping that happy grin in is face.

A running theme at the moment...

tumblr_static_villager.png

Mega Camerupt is amazing, I have to use one. Good to see Gallade getting a Mega, this should mean Slowing will get one as well.

Demo heading to western shores.

Take an Early Visit to Hoenn!

Start your next Hoenn region adventure early with a special demo version of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. This demo features gameplay that you won’t experience anywhere else. During the course of this adventure, you’ll be surprised to encounter familiar Pokémon that can now Mega Evolve! What’s more, you can bring this Pokémon into your full Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game. You can even bring over the reward items that you obtained during your Special Demo Version adventure. Stay tuned for details on how to bring the Pokémon and items into your full game.

You can play the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version as many times as you like. Look for special scenarios that occur if you play every day.

Stay tuned for details on how to get a code that will enable you to download the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version from Nintendo eShop. Don’t miss this chance to start your adventure in Hoenn and discover Mega-Evolved Pokémon you’ve never seen before!

That is the greatest sin of all in this design. No longer will new players be confused as to whether he's wearing a hat or if they're playing as the boy who aged too soon

Groundon's ability sounds more useful for stopping Water attacks since it's weak to them. Who's going to use a fire move against Kyogre?

Groundon's ability sounds more useful for stopping Water attacks since it's weak to them. Who's going to use a fire move against Kyogre?

Yet another reason Groudon is way better than Kyogre!

Groudon plus Thunder Punch is always hilarious for catching Kyogre users out.

Couldn't help but laugh a bit when it said "Rayquaza makes it's debut!"

Did we all time travel to 2002 or something? Either that or we've all been imagining Ray-Ray for the past 10 years.

Looking at all these awesome new Mega evolutions, it will be hard to choose!

The only issue I have is that I would love to know how you will be able to move your Pokemon from XY to ORAS. Will we be able to just trade, or will we have to use Pokemon Bank to move them to ORAS? I have a bunch of shinies that I have caught in the Friend Safari and I definitely want to use some of them in my team..

Looking at all these awesome new Mega evolutions, it will be hard to choose!

The only issue I have is that I would love to know how you will be able to move your Pokemon from XY to ORAS. Will we be able to just trade, or will we have to use Pokemon Bank to move them to ORAS? I have a bunch of shinies that I have caught in the Friend Safari and I definitely want to use some of them in my team..

We'll be able to trade