NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

aug_p22_10_en_rkd.jpg

This is what I've wanted from horde battles ever since they were first revealed. Criminals don't have to follow the rules!

I think I may have a cosplay Pikachu as part of my team. Thunder type will be useful as this game will no doubt still be full of zillions of water types. A Pichu to start with, and shiny if I can. I think I already have one. Though I'd like to play with only Pokeomn caught in game until post game.

^I usually just stick to those that have 3 forms, for variety's sake. Ever changing basically. I shall stick as many 4 forms (megas) as I can this time. It's very rare for me to use in story mode non-evolving Pokemon.

Cosplay Pikachu isn't just any old Pikachu dressed up, it's a special form you get given after doing your first contest

Male Pikachu

mpikachu.jpg

Female Pikachu

fpikachu.jpg

Cosplay Pikachu

cpikachu.jpg

OMG! Finally! A criminal team in Pokemon finally decides not to be stupid and play by the rules! :yay: It's about fucking time! (ironically it would be arguably the dumbest set of criminal teams in all of Pokemon history that would be the first to finally buck the trend :p )

I do hope that the hoard trainer battles aren't all just the one Pokemon like in the wild though... I want to see 5 different Pokemon that you have to fight against, but the screenshots don't full me with much hope in that regard...

The problem with that is that the 3DS has such a sweat putting out the graphics of the X/Y battle scenes. The models were made so detailed that the framerate drop in horde battles and tripple battles is quite horrible. I hope they managed to improve that a bit for these games.

Mega Slowbro is the most hilarious Mega Evolution ever. I haven't been able to stop laughing since I first saw it.

The problem with that is that the 3DS has such a sweat putting out the graphics of the X/Y battle scenes. The models were made so detailed that the framerate drop in horde battles and tripple battles is quite horrible. I hope they managed to improve that a bit for these games.

The 3DS really shouldn't be struggling with these visuals though. Pokedex 3D Pro uses the same models (X&Y use modified versions of the Pokedex models for the most part), runs in S3D (with SSAA on top of that to boot!), with more detailed backgrounds and IIRC you can have 6 models onscreen at the same time with the AR viewer.

Game Freak's Pokemon 3DS engine just sucks balls (which is ironic because Harmoknight, done by a smaller team within GF, looks fantastic and runs at an unwavering 60FPS, even when running in S3D!)

Mega Slowbro is the most hilarious Mega Evolution ever. I haven't been able to stop laughing since I first saw it.

Here's what he was on about. :)

Bu02lvtCMAEwgsW.jpg

Here's what he was on about. :)

Bu02lvtCMAEwgsW.jpg

so-beautiful.gif

Surely, at this point, it's more Shellder then Slowpoke?

Also, let's not get distracted from the fact that we finally have a Gen 5 Mega Pokemon. It really bugged me that none of them got one in X and Y.

I still would love an explanation on how Shelder changes from a two piece clamp like shell to a spiral shell just because its eating an idiot

I still would love an explanation on how Shelder changes from a two piece clamp like shell to a spiral shell just because its eating an idiot

It's just one of those Pokemon mysteries that will never get solved.

You know, like what does a Cubone look like under the skull?

Why can't Nidoqueen breed?

How the hell could people possibly think that Fennekin is the coolest X and Y starter?

Edited by Glen-i

It's just one of those Pokemon mysteries that will never get solved.

You know, like what does a Cubone look like under the skull?

Qubone is the baby stage of a three stage pokemon that was cut due to its dark over tone with the lavender town story, or so the popular theory is

cubone > Marrowak > Kangaskhan

When Kangaskhan dies its baby kept in its pouch that loved it so much, wears its skull as a reminder

Qubone is the baby stage of a three stage pokemon that was cut due to its dark over tone with the lavender town story, or so the popular theory is

cubone > Marrowak > Kangaskhan

When Kangaskhan dies its baby kept in its pouch that loved it so much, wears its skull as a reminder

Yeah, I don't buy that theory one bit.

Too many things contradict it.

Let's take the Lavender Town thing as an example first. Why isn't the ghost in Lavender Tower a Kangaskhan? Why is it a Marowak if it's that Cubone's mother? If that theory was remotely accurate, it'd be a Kangaskhan, wouldn't it?

Let's not forget that the baby a Kangaskhan has is not even close to being the same colour as a Cubone.

And if they were part of the same family, why are there male Marowaks, but no male Kangaskhans?

Why don't female Marowaks have pouches then?

Then again, Cubone and Marowak have always been disturbing Pokemon if you think about it. Does the baby like... stay near it's mother until it decomposes so it can take the skull?

It's just too many things show that it was never intended to be like that.

It's purely wishful thinking. (Unlike that theory that Ditto are failed clones of Mew, which is quite well thought out)

I doesn't really need an explanation because its Shelder thats the one evolving. Slowpoke doesn't change design really that much at all, the whole Slowpoke line is actually an alt-evolution line for Shelder.

I wonder how much EXP Mega Audino gives? ;)

I want a Mega Slowking.

Steelbook edition and preorder goods.

BwHgharIAAEueLP.png:large

There's also some pre-order bonuses:

Official Nintendo UK Store : miniature representation of Primal Kyogre / Primal Groudon (depending on the version, only if you pre-order the Steelbook edition).

GAME : Legendary Figurine of Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) or Primal Kyogre (Pokémon Alpha Sapphire)

Shop To : 2D Keyring of Torchic.

Steelbook Ruby (or Sapphire) + Smash Bros 3DS + Smash Bros = Its 'owwwwn

Btw whats everyone getting/more into: Ruby or Sapphire and why?

I think I'll get Sapphire cause the enemy team are cool pirates, Ruby's enemies look like lame nerds.

Steelbook Ruby (or Sapphire) + Smash Bros 3DS + Smash Bros = Its 'owwwwn

Btw whats everyone getting/more into: Ruby or Sapphire and why?

If I do get it then I'll probably pick up Sapphire, as I originally had that version.

It's still a big IF though. There's too many titles across all formats that will be fighting for my attention around the time this gets released.

I think I'll get Sapphire cause the enemy team are cool pirates, Ruby's enemies look like lame nerds.

I'd rather be a lame nerd than a moronic pirate.

hCE299153

And Groudon is most disappointed in you. Most disappointed indeed.

MOAR_PANCAKES_PLZ_by_silverbirch.jpg

He even got you pancakes, how can you say no to him?

Safe to say, I'm getting Ruby. Groudon is my favourite Pokemon of all time, so it's an easy decision.

If I do get it then I'll probably pick up Sapphire, as I originally had that version.

It's still a big IF though. There's too many titles across all formats that will be fighting for my attention around the time this gets released.

Come on, bro: Boxing Day - heating on full blast - feet up - catching 'em all! : peace::yay:

Groudon is my favourite Pokemon of all time, so it's an easy decision.

Wait, I thought that Poke (whos name escapes me) in your avatar was your all-time fav?

Currently torturing myself to get ready for this game by finishing up my "to do lists" for X/Y (and eventually Black 2...) but lost one of my sheets. Halfway through Looker quests.

Just got all the Megas you can with one copy of the game (as usual my bro gave up just shy of getting the stuff necessary for cross-trade) and have to say...not impressed. I get it, the idea's in its infancy, and with the next game a huge influx of new ones, but I don't ever remember using them unless you were forced to, and the only reason me checking them out now is to add them to my Pokedex for the alt forms. Are some cool? Sure. It's like the double/triple battles when they were first introduced, basically barely used, but then got tournament style battles. We need some sort of "Megas only" type thing.

One other thing I re-remembered after coming back to this game; the endless amount of "background mysteries" that are NEVER expanded upon. I get it, most are probably not completely removed sidequests, slots for future "not happening now" events and such, but so frustrating to us poor OCD sufferers.

Currently torturing myself to get ready for this game by finishing up my "to do lists" for X/Y (and eventually Black 2...) but lost one of my sheets. Halfway through Looker quests.

Just got all the Megas you can with one copy of the game (as usual my bro gave up just shy of getting the stuff necessary for cross-trade) and have to say...not impressed. I get it, the idea's in its infancy, and with the next game a huge influx of new ones, but I don't ever remember using them unless you were forced to, and the only reason me checking them out now is to add them to my Pokedex for the alt forms. Are some cool? Sure. It's like the double/triple battles when they were first introduced, basically barely used, but then got tournament style battles. We need some sort of "Megas only" type thing.

One other thing I re-remembered after coming back to this game; the endless amount of "background mysteries" that are NEVER expanded upon. I get it, most are probably not completely removed sidequests, slots for future "not happening now" events and such, but so frustrating to us poor OCD sufferers.

In-game, you're right, Megas are seldom used. Typically to make a boss trickier.

In competitive and multiplayer, though, they have changed everything

Wait, I thought that Poke (whos name escapes me) in your avatar was your all-time fav?

Nope, never once said that. Kecleon is awesome and all, but I have a great fondness of Groudon.

And before you ask, the choice of avatar is indeed odd. And unless you have an INSANELY good memory and an obscure knowledge, you'll never understand it!