NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

I'm a massive supporter of Nintendo and so ruffle many feathers here :p

A Nintendo supporter on a Nintendo fuansite? Get the fuck right out of town.

My least favourite Pokemon games. Don't think I'll be buying it.

My least favourite Pokemon games. Don't think I'll be buying it.

Just so I can understand the differences between each installment, is this because you didn't like the storyline and/or new Pokemon it introduced? Aren't those two things the only difference between gens? Different world too I guess.

Wish Pokémon still excited me. I'd be fine with these remakes (even up for them) if they bothered to attempt anything new with the latest iterations...but they don't. They are all so similar. Gen 3? Means nothing to me. They all blur into one.

Just so I can understand the differences between each installment, is this because you didn't like the storyline and/or new Pokemon it introduced? Aren't those two things the only difference between gens? Different world too I guess.

Blue/Red was epic, A* gaming material, the stuff of legends that was one of my favourite gaming experiences. I was young and Pokémon was a new and cool thing, and there was a general hysteria over it at the time. Gold/Silver was also cool and followed not too long after.

R/S came when I felt Pokémon was done, and now it was just treading the same path for cash. The design of the Pokémon also seemed to change to something I didn't like (maybe they changed the artist). Something looked more synthetic/CG about them tbh, particularly the legendaries. Overall, the game didn't feel as good either...something about G/S was really exciting, but this didn't have it.

So overall for me it was a case of franchise/novelty fatigue and my growing up, as well as less cool Pokemon and a less exciting game.

Edited by Sheikah

I'll link to a thread filled with people saying why this generation felt lacking.

At the time, it was definitely a case of the games feeling so disconnected from previous entries (feeling like a step back in many respects, too).

With these remakes it won't be the same, but there are plenty that think this generation felt uninspired in terms of 'mon designs (and power/usefulness).

Serebii himself is a Gen 3 detractor. He has it in for Grumpig :heh:

I'll link to a thread filled with people saying why this generation felt lacking.

At the time, it was definitely a case of the games feeling so disconnected from previous entries (feeling like a step back in many respects, too).

With these remakes it won't be the same, but there are plenty that think this generation felt uninspired in terms of 'mon designs (and power/usefulness).

Serebii himself is a Gen 3 detractor. He has it in for Grumpig :heh:

Grumpig sucks. It's the Aquaman of Pokémon.

Underrated? Overlooked?

Underrated? Overlooked?

I think Serebii meant "Calendar Man" :heh:

A blind man could have seen these coming - it was always a matter of when rather than if.

It does feel a bit too hot on the heels of X and Y though and continues the almost annual release schedule they've now hit upon for the series - 14 games in 15 years for Europe. It feels worse in a sense too as X/Y felt surprisingly fresh, not difficult admittedly, with the changes they made and to turn this out so fast as a same Generation game seems like a money maker.... and more so than than them all being money makers.

It doesn't help that it's Gen 3 too. The fact that I spent more time playing Pokémon Colosseum than Ruby should say it all. It's defenders may call it a transition game, and it was in some ways, but that doesn't excuse the weak execution. Without that to hide behind this time, it's going to take some work to make it interesting.

Why is everyone a twat to Serebii?

Have you ever thought it could be reactionary to the way he conducts himself?

I'm a massive supporter of Nintendo and so ruffle many feathers here :p

Oh god not this again....surely you've got to realize it has more to do with your superiority complex?!

I wonder if they will patch XY when these come out, so that you can see for example player characters from Hoenn with their new clothes and all. Unless they already exist in the game files...

I wonder if they will patch XY when these come out, so that you can see for example player characters from Hoenn with their new clothes and all. Unless they already exist in the game files...

They don't.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did this, and patched in the images of any forms & Mega Evolutions introduced in ORAS that aren't in XY

Have you ever thought it could be reactionary to the way he conducts himself?

Oh god not this again....surely you've got to realize it has more to do with your superiority complex?!

Something of which I showed no signs within this thread until you attacked me and my site.

Attack. Criticism. Yeah, definitely the same thing.

Underrated? Overlooked?

You are my favourite person.

As long as CoroCoro reveals something more than the games existence, I'm happy. I want me some updated artwork or a tease about how the starting town looks :3

Man, the negativity here is boarderline disrespectful. Give Serebii a break - press the ignore button, or better yet take a Time Out.

In any case, I feel a year after X/Y for this is perfect timing, and couldn't be released at a better season/month. X/Y storyline was bleak and the locales were dull - I can barely remember the names of the towns.

R/S had a better storyline and more noteworthy geography - things like surfing on Lapras or new pokemon will benefit greatly and cut scenes, like the battles between the legendaries. Good shout GameFreak.

Edited by King_V

It's ok to be wrong sometimes, but not in this case...

GRUMPIG IS FUCKING AWESOME!!! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TRYING TO SAY THAT LUVDISC IS BETTER THAN ANYONE!?

My cousin actually fights competitively with Grumpig. He is pure swag, in unswag form and a perfect example of how Gen 3 has some of the best designs in the series.

326___grumpig_by_winter_freak-d35jdvy.jpg

Grumpig laughs at your stupidity :bowdown:

Man, Luvdisc was the worst.

And what about original designs like Kecleon, Tropius, Absol and Sharpedo that were actually utterly useless in battle? Or anywhere else?

If it weren't for guys like Dusclops and Metagross, this generation would've been truly barren.

And what about original designs like Kecleon, Tropius, Absol and Sharpedo that were actually utterly useless in battle? Or anywhere else?

If it weren't for guys like Dusclops and Metagross, this generation would've been truly barren.

Don't forget Ninjask and Shedinja there buddy. :p

Not anymore...

Female-Trainer-Mega-Ring-Screenshot-2.bmp

;)

This is great news but POKEMON RED AND BLUE PLZ KTHXBAI!

A Nintendo supporter on a Nintendo fuansite? Get the fuck right out of town.

I assure you we have nothing to do with the Fronte universitario d'azione nazionale.

Luvdisc is definitely the weakest of generation III, though I grew to love them as a resource Pokemon. Dem heart scales man.

So do we have any favourites from Gen III? I loved Sableye and man, when I first saw Metagross I thought that thing was coolest 'mon ever.