NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

wait mudkip/torchic/treeko gen right? i hated all those starters

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=24265175

:heh:

Does this mean Swampert and Sceptile are getting Mega Evolutions?

Eh? There is zero further information on these games. It's impossible for anywhere to include more information.

I said they more to say....not more information....Like actual opinions rather than just this:

It has been announced by The Pokémon Company that new versions of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire are to be released on the Nintendo 3DS this year. These games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming November 2014 worldwide. The press release lists these games as a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire and states "The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.". The boxes feature Groudon & Kyogre, with some strange cosmetic alterations, and in Europe & Japan, the cases of the games come in Red and Blue respectively

I said they more to say....not more information....Like actual opinions rather than just this:

So you'd rather I taint my site with bias rather than provide pure, unemotional, information?

Consider this blog post made by a friend of mine as to why the announcement was made of of the blue http://another-castle.com/forums/blogs/games-are-serious-business/8215-conspiracy-theory-time-why-were-pokemon-or-as-suddenly-announced .

He makes some valid points, and Nintendo share prices did rise a bit after the announcement (There was a significant drop earlier today after they released their financials).

CoroCoro leaks when?!

Next week, but don't expect much in it this month

So you'd rather I taint my site with bias rather than provide pure, unemotional, information?

No once again...completely misquoting/twisting what I'm saying...Ejecting a bit of personality and providing more information never did any harm. Look at Eurogamer's piece:

Game Boy Advance adventures Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire will be remade for the 3DS this November, Nintendo has announced.

The remasters will be named Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

The duo are the latest in the company's series of Pokémon remakes, which has previously seen Pokémon Red and Blue, then Gold and Silver, relaunched on newer handhelds.

Their release should come as no surprise - last year's 3DS games Pokémon X and Y were a storming success, selling a combined 12.26m units to become the fastest and best-selling games on the platform.

Ruby and Sapphire originally launched in 2003 and saw the series venture into the new region of Hoenn. No doubt we'll hear more of the remakes during Nintendo's E3 broadcast next month.

Well written and provides more contextual information around the upcoming releases.

Even The Pokémon Company's press release has more soul:

Announcing Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems! Prepare for an epic adventure exploring a world filled with Pokémon!

Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Look forward to Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire when the games launch worldwide in November 2014!

C'mon you got to admit they read better...

Also still please tell me what did you prepare before hand that warranted you boasting that you knew about it before it was announced?

No once again...completely misquoting/twisting what I'm saying...Ejecting a bit of personality and providing more information never did any harm. Look at Eurogamer's piece:

Well written and provides more contextual information around the upcoming releases.

Even The Pokémon Company's press release has more soul:

C'mon you got to admit they read better...

Also still please tell me what did you prepare before hand that warranted you boasting that you knew about it before it was announced?

To be fair to Serebii, he was asked by SCG when he knew about it, he didn't come out boasting that he's known for ages - he only found out today.

To be fair to Serebii, he was asked by SCG when he knew about it, he didn't come out boasting that he's known for ages - he only found out today.

But he did boast that he was well prepared for it and I don't see the evidence on his site, which I've backed up by showing another sites that is in my eyes superior coverage.

This is a thread about the Gen III remakes, not an evalutation of Serebii's site. He does a good job, and I don't see why it's needed to call him out all of a sudden?

But he did boast that he was well prepared for it and I don't see the evidence on his site, which I've backed up by showing another sites that is in my eyes superior coverage.

Because I didn't word it a specific way by including irrelevant fluff means I wasn't prepared?

I write news to bring people the news. I don't write it to include irrelevance just to fill out space.

Because I didn't word it a specific way by including irrelevant fluff means I wasn't prepared?

I write news to bring people the news. I don't write it to include irrelevance just to fill out space.

But your piece is so short it looks like it was put up in seconds. I would argue Eurogamers is way more informative relaying more relevant information and providing context. Surely you can see that?!

may i just interject into this little argument and ask.....

what colour handbags can we expect to see you wielding at dawn?

:p

Seeing his thing is Pokémon, he's likely to have sources he's built up over the years who may have let him know something was coming/the nature of the announcement. Therefore, he was prepared.

His style, whether you like it or not, has always been as it is. Eurogamer etc. will provide better written news pieces, but that's not what Serebii is about - its about the troves of information and updates on everything Pokémon related.

Maybe other sites knew this before Serebii, I'm sure he's not the only one with his contacts and sources.

Good writing isn't necessary bias, just as "pure and unemotional" writing isn't necessary good.

may i just interject into this little argument and ask.....

what colour handbags can we expect to see you wielding at dawn?

:p

Orange with blue stitching!

Never said others wouldn't know either - just thought the way Flameboy started at Serebii was a little uncalled for.

Anyway, let's put this to bed.

Will this include the likes of mega evolutions, or will it be a pure remake in the graphical style of X and Y? I imagine the amount of work changing R/S into 3D is a hell of a lot more than the updates for the other remakes.

Never said others wouldn't know either - just thought the way Flameboy started at Serebii was a little uncalled for.

Anyway, let's put this to bed.

Will this include the likes of mega evolutions, or will it be a pure remake in the graphical style of X and Y? I imagine the amount of work changing R/S into 3D is a hell of a lot more than the updates for the other remakes.

Remakes always have the new Pokémon and mechanics of the games in that generation. You can bet that Mega Evolutions are in it

I not in the slightest bit excited by this news, think I've had enough of Pokémon now to be honest. :blank:

The fact that this is a remake/re-imagining of a previous game doesn't help. Mind you, even if it was a brand new game I doubt I'd have been that interested either... too soon to X&Y. :hmm:

Great (and very surprising) news for all the Pokémon fans out there that just can't get enough though. :smile:

X was my first and only Pokemon game and whilst I enjoyed it I was getting a bit bored towards the end. I can't imagine what this game would offer that would interest me, since it's the same basic concept over and over with marginal storyline changes. Might pick it up if the world looks good and there are enough differences to X.

Well, I did finish Emerald just a few months ago, but I'm still interested to see what this is gonna be like...

Why is everyone a twat to Serebii?

I'm a massive supporter of Nintendo and so ruffle many feathers here :p