NEurope
Grazza

Eurovision 2014

This is just a heads-up. Thanks to the Danes, Eurovision is one week earlier this year, with the first semi-final tonight.

Semi-final 1 - 8pm, Tuesday 6 May, BBC3

Semi-final 2 - 8pm, Thursday 8 May, BBC3

Final - 8pm, Saturday 10 May, BBC1

Will there be anything that equals the rhythmic brilliance of this?

Or anything to match the sheer, barnstorming nature of this?

Probably not, but either way, 7 hours, 25 minutes of Eurovision awaits!

Grazza, I see we liked similar songs acts :heh:

I can say that the Portuguese song we're sending is very much hated around here. Usually we're just indifferent, but this time, people are actively hating it. It's not an intentionally bad/comedic song like a few years back, either, it's just a rather poor/generic Lambada.

Should be amusing to see if it passes the semi-final.

I actually like the UK's song! Shocker! Spain's song is awesome too! There were a couple of other ones that were great as well.

I liked Armenia and Sweden's entries. I also really liked the stage and the presentation of the show in general.

Ukraine is my favourite so far. Genuinely think the UK has a good chance this year too.

I really liked the song from the netherlands, because it's just a simple good song :p

Don't ever talk about Belgium's entry because I will cry

I liked Armenia and Sweden's entries. I also really liked the stage and the presentation of the show in general.

Armenia is the favourite, but I wasn't impressed to be honest.

Like Grazza, I enjoyed Ukraine; also liked Hungary and the bearded teletubby men of Iceland :p

Armenia is the favourite, but I wasn't impressed to be honest.

Like Grazza, I enjoyed Ukraine; also liked Hungary and the bearded teletubby men of Iceland :p

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to seeing Austria's entry tomorrow.

Wouldn't bother me at all if Norway doesn't make it. Hate the song :p .

Hmm, well I don't love any this year, but I suppose Ukraine and Belarus are my picks for the final.

Okay so mine is UK, Spain, Armenia, Austria, Greece, Romania and the women with the huge tits because, well, tits. Funnily enough, I forgot what song they sang and what country they represented, they titmatised me!

EDIT: Found out, it was Poland! x)

Edited by Animal

In this house, we didn't get to see Portugal fail, but we still made plenty of fun of that awful song.

We did watch some stuff tonight, though, but really the only thing we discussed was Conchita Wurst.

So I guess I know who I'm rooting for :heh:

Okay so mine is UK, Spain, Austria, Romania and the women with the huge tits because, well, tits. Funnily enough, I forgot what song they sang and what country they represented, they titmatised me!

Was that Poland? Oh yeah, we also discussed those puppies :heh:

In this house, we didn't get to see Portugal fail, but we still made plenty of fun of that awful song.

We did watch some stuff tonight, though, but really the only thing we discussed was Conchita Wurst.

So I guess I know who I'm rooting for :heh:

Was that the bearded man dressed as a woman? I thought that song was good but wow, Poland...wow...not only were they fit but the woman at either end of the stage washing clothes and pumping butter (giggity!) stole the show for me! x)

Crap, totally forgot Sweden too!

Was that the bearded man dressed as a woman?

The conclusion we reached was that she must be a transsexual who uses the beard as part of her image. No, we didn't really discuss the song itself :heh:

Also, the French were singing about a moustache. What is it with Europe and facial hair this year?

Edited by Jonnas

I was too busy letting the steam out of my shirt!

Was that the bearded man dressed as a woman? I thought that song was good but wow, Poland...wow...not only were they fit but the woman at either end of the stage washing clothes and pumping butter (giggity!) stole the show for me! x)

The chap from Austria had a good voice, and a much better beard than I can grow!

I'll be watching tomorrow. Fillet steak to help wash this down.... my body is ready for the inevitable but reassuring shitness our country produces.

Aww yeah.

I'll be watching tomorrow. Fillet steak to help wash this down.... my body is ready for the inevitable but reassuring shitness our country produces.

Don't take too big a bite when Poland's on... ;)

I really like Boobland Poland. Their video is the best one ever. I've seen it quite a few times today! x)

I really like Boobland Poland. Their video is the best one ever. I've seen it quite a few times today! x)

(Rushes off to YouTube...)

I watched both of the qualifiers. The second one seemed to be higher in *ahem* quality than the first.

Dat Poland entry. Hnnnngggggggggggg.

Finland's entry was pretty good, imo.

Wow, congrats to Austria. Considering their history with the competition I guess it's their greatest victory since WWII.

Good songs from the top 5. I voted for GB, but you were all good this year. GB, send songs like that and you will win it eventually, promise.

Did I see wrong, or did landlocked (by Italy) San Marino give 0 points to Italy?

The right winner won. I'm happy that The Netherlands came second, they were my overall favourite act. Can't believe the UK didn't get more points. Best song we've had for years, but the competition was tougher this year. Is it just me, or was the quality pretty decent this time around?

France, though. I didn't think that they would finish last.

Personally I'm not clear on why a shit James Bond theme won. Because beard?