NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Random Chit Chat

Delete accordingly if this thread has occured, but everything here is in topics, so thought it would be cool to just be random and use this thread for non-specifics.

I've always wondered, what ever happen to Dante? The member with the inside knowledge (apparently).

And that guy who might have been into crossdressing, and was commonly seen in pink leotards (?). Where are these characters?

The guy in pink leotards, A.K.A Rokhed, become a hateful dickwad. Constantly insulting others, inciting hatred, all wrapped up in a victim complex. Eventually he got banned.

I don't think this thread will be allowed to stay. It's basically a new MPOTD thread.

You could always try chat.

The only time chat is even kinda populated is during the E3 conferences. Most of the year its totally empty.

Some sites have a shoutbox for this, that would be ideal.

Delete accordingly if this thread has occured, but everything here is in topics, so thought it would be cool to just be random and use this thread for non-specifics.

I've always wondered, what ever happen to Dante? The member with the inside knowledge (apparently).

And that guy who might have been into crossdressing, and was commonly seen in pink leotards (?). Where are these characters?

I think you might possibly mean soag? If my memory isn't playing up, he was also into cross-dressing and his GF had a baby.

I think you might possibly mean soag? If my memory isn't playing up, he was also into cross-dressing and his GF had a baby.

Rokhed was the one I was after, thanks. How about Dante?

I wish this thread could stay. Random threads of chit chat are the best.

I redesigned the intro and the star ratings (visuals) for Food Review UK this morning.

I also intend to use this day to tidy my room, film some LEGO videos (because I've neglected my LEGO MARVEL channel massively) and prepare for this week as we are going to three theme parks.

I'm not a huge fan of these mega threads and don't really see a problem with people making their own threads for different things. For example, to check up on past members, to post about something awesome that they have done. I don't mind that, we're not exactly short on threads.

I'll keep this open in the meantime to see where it goes.

For people who have low self-control and often don't do the things that they should be doing. I've recently learned that self-control is like a muscle, and fatigues over time, and even the act of making a decision can make all other subsequent decisions more prone to self-control failure. So for example, if you find you eat really shitty fast food when you get home from work, plan what you're going to make a few hours before and then it's easier to stick to a healthier decision.

There's a lot more I've learnt, especially since I've done a final year module on it, have an essay due soon and an exam on it also due soon, so if people want to know more I can count is as studying ;)

Can anyone tell what planets are in the night sky just by their glow?

I can tell usually tell Mars, Jupiter and Venus, that's it. Although I may be unsure of Venus and Jupiter.

I've not managed to (knowingly) spot Mercury or Saturn.

I can tell usually tell Mars, Jupiter and Venus, that's it. Although I may be unsure of Venus and Jupiter.

I've not managed to (knowingly) spot Mercury or Saturn.

How can you tell its Mars? Red hue?

How can you tell its Mars? Red hue?

Yeah, exactly. Mars, Venus and Jupiter are the three that are easiest to see with the naked eye. Personally, I can't tell the difference between Venus and Jupiter apart from on occasions when I know one of them is going to be in a certain place. I believe, though, that Venus is the brightest planet we can see.

Yeah, Venus is the brightest thing in the night sky (excluding the moon), Jupiter is second, Mars is red.

It also makes it easy to spot if you know whereabouts they'll be. All of the planets and the Sun are on the same plan (give or take a few degrees). So if you follow the path of the sun during the day time, then that's where the planets will be.

Can anyone tell what planets are in the night sky just by their glow?

Yes. I've spent many a happy hour gazing lovingly at Uranus.

Yes. I've spent many a happy hour gazing lovingly at Uranus.

You're so romantic big boy. :heart:

Major lolz that I received a threat of cease and desist from *a company* for my review of their *one of their* drinks. I swore in the video, presented it as a horror review and compared the drink to semen.

I've rectified these problems and am re-uploading a (still negative) but opinional and factual, non-offensive review. My dad thinks it's a bad idea. Thoughts?

Major lolz that I received a threat of cease and desist from *a company* for my review of their *one of their* drinks. I swore in the video, presented it as a horror review and compared the drink to semen.

I've rectified these problems and am re-uploading a (still negative) but opinional and factual, non-offensive review. My dad thinks it's a bad idea. Thoughts?

I'd call their bluff. If you think the drink is lousy, then it's your opinion and you've got a right to it. If your review was defamatory, however, such as "I think they made this with the semen of a thousand orphaned goats" then, yeah, you could be in trouble.

If it was me I'd do this:

OPEN ON HAIRY BEARDY FAT MAN SITTING IN OFFICE WEATING A SHORT SLEEVED SHIRT. HE IS WRITING ON AN A4 NOTEPAD WITH A CAN OF "SemEnergy" TOTAL SEMEN AND ENERGY DRINK ON HIS DESK.

HBFM: (looking up, as if noticing the camera for the first time) Oh, hello! I didn't see you come in. I was just writing down a lengthy review of SemEnergy Total Semen and Energy Drink... But I'm sure you've haven't got time to read it (throws the A4 notepad off camera left) so let me break it down into two words for you (camera zooms in on HBFM's mouth) It's. Shit.

HBFM: Too quick for you? Let me slow it down a little: (we snap back to the close up of HBFM's mouth, this time playing at half speed) Iiiiiiiiitttttt'sssss. Shhhhhiiiiiittttt.

HBFM: (Now with forearms on the desk, interlaced fingers.) But don't take my word for it, listen to these testimonials:

CUT TO A PEDESTRIAN PRECEINCT, CLOSE UP ON 20-SOMETHING BLONDE TAKING A SIP FROM A CAN OF DRINK.

Blonde: (in revulsion) oh.... It's shit.

CUT TO A BAR, SOME LADS ARE PLAYING POOL IN THE BACKGROUND. A MAN WITH A FLATCAP, WAISTCOAT AND HUNTING SHOTGUN BROKEN OVER HIS LAP TAKES A SIP OF THE DRINK.

Flatcap: (Disappointed, gesturing in mild disgust to off camera barman) I say, barkeep! This is shit!

CUT TO AN ELDERLY MAN IN A COMFY CHAIR, FACE AND TORSO HIDDEN BY A NEWSPAPER. A CAN OF THE DRINK IS ON A SIDE TABLE TO HIS LEFT. HIS LEFT HAND APPEARS FROM BEHIND THE PAPER AND SLOWLY TAKES THE CAN BEHIND THE NEWSPAPER. A FEW SECONDS PASS.

Elderly man: (In a weak, feeble voice) Elsie...Elsie... This is shit!

I don't know what it's called (perhaps @Blade can enlighten us) but there's a law that protects reviews and opinion from legislation.

However that's only for matters of opinion; you can still be in toruble if you made some sort of claim.

To borrow @Iun's example:

Saying "this drink tastes like the semen of a thousand orphaned goats... and I'd know" is fine.

Saying "this drink is made from the semen of a thousand orphaned goats... and I'd know" is libellous/defamatory.

I'd say call their bluff.

In fact, if you want to call their bluff I say you should do a "survey" of opinions.

"Does this taste like goat semen to you?"

"Yes, most definitely."

I'm sure you could find plenty of people to feature. Even if you keep it clean and professional, it will add a lot of weight to your review, and would be a definite pimp-smack-taculous just desserts.

"Dear sir/madam,

I have removed the video in question, an re-uploaded a less defamatory one. In order to represent public opinion I surveyed people's vies of this product, and it was universally found to be very disappointing.

I hope this new review is to your satisfaction.

Yours sincerely,

ReZ"

And then share the exchange on the internets.

AND THEN ENJOY THE POWER!!!

Edited by MoogleViper

1. Do it.

2. Link me, brah.

I'd forget the whole "bodily fluids" angle, Rez. Otherwise you might have to stand up in court and explain how you know what it tastes like.

I'd forget the whole "bodily fluids" angle, Rez. Otherwise you might have to stand up in court and explain how you know what it tastes like.

Rez, if you need a witness...

Ha! This is almost word for word what my friend text me yesterday.

I'm not convinced the original review was in breach of anything, but just in case, I took it down. And here is the new version, no swearing and plenty of "my opinion" thrown in.

I didn't even know you could ingest Aloe Vera. I thought it only treated burns.