NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Nov 4th)

Hmmm the whole jumping around lark totally puts me off this. That CoD was a game where nobody was jumping around was what I liked about the series.

Doesn't this have a traditional multiplayer mode, too?

I need a new graphics card really but it's running fine for me, feel free to add me on Steam

I love the multiplayer. It's fast, it's frantic and it's fun.

Reminds me of the good old Unreal Tournament times : peace:

The campaign has also been very enjoyable (done three missions so far). :)

Traded in Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Battlefield to get CoD. Worth it!

Anyone got this on PC?

I might get it in a couple days after gauging some peeps' (hurr) impressions. Is it not sodden with shitty aimbots?

That really looks ridiculous, bu I must admit multiplayer looks like fun.

Still waiting on Tesco to deliver this. Sigh.

Not too bothered but will avoid them in the future!

Hmmm the whole jumping around lark totally puts me off this. That CoD was a game where nobody was jumping around was what I liked about the series.

There's a classic multiplayer playlist with none of the exo-abilities.

Still waiting on Tesco to deliver this. Sigh.

Not too bothered but will avoid them in the future!

Same... I ended up getting it for just over £30 but by the time it arrives I might just cut my losses, sell it and make my money back, too many games at this time of year anyway! :heh:

......so I totally failed. My computer isn't good enough to play the game. Now I'm stuck with a game and nowhere to play it :P. Might consider buying a new machine now. I'm using my work PC for gaming (and that's already a bad thing! :P)

They should remove the two aim assist options from the game.

I assume that 90% of the players use them.

Whenever I use them I own everything. It's too easy to kill.

But as soon as I turn them off all the players that have them turned on own me.

Not really balanced.

Still great fun : peace:

Call of Duty has always had aim assist though. Console shooters would be largely unplayable without it.

Console shooters would be largely unplayable without it.

Woot? Whenever there are assists I'll turn them off immediately and still do fairly good.

Don't think console shooters would be unplayable without them. They are more difficult, though!

They should remove the two aim assist options from the game.

I assume that 90% of the players use them.

Whenever I use them I own everything. It's too easy to kill.

But as soon as I turn them off all the players that have them turned on own me.

Not really balanced.

Still great fun : peace:

It's hardly unbalanced if everyone has the option to turn it off and on. It affects everyone equally, you can't exactly complain just because you turned it off because "it's too easy" for you.

My view is that aim assist in console FPSs is a good thing as it lowers the skill barrier for getting to grips with the basic shooting controls. It means there's more of a focus on tactics, teamwork, map positioning, etc, rather than a contest on who can shoot the straightest with finicky console controls.

It's hardly unbalanced if everyone has the option to turn it off and on. It affects everyone equally, you can't exactly complain just because you turned it off because "it's too easy" for you.

You have a point.

Still, I'd love to see a matchmaking type that sets assists automatically to "off" (the hardcore playlist may have that, but I'd like to be able to see the HUD...).

You have a point.

Still, I'd love to see a matchmaking type that sets assists automatically to "off" (the hardcore playlist may have that, but I'd like to be able to see the HUD...).

I do understand the frustration. Some players - perhaps those used to PC gaming - have a genuine preference for aim assist to be disabled because it's what they're used to, and having it disabled puts them at a disadvantage against everyone else.

Still, I don't necessarily think that you're more hardcore or leet for having it turned off. I'm pretty sure pro Halo or CoD players don't turn theirs off.

Sort of reminds me of the old c-stick argument with Melee. "True players don't use the c-stick, the c-stick is for noobs" some of friends used to say back in the day.

Still, I don't necessarily think that you're more hardcore or leet for having it turned off. I'm pretty sure pro Halo or CoD players don't turn theirs off.

My point wasn't that I'd be more hardcore. May have sounded like it, but that wasn't what I meant :D

and having it disabled puts them at a disadvantage against everyone else.

I meant this.

Maybe I'll keep them turned on, because having them off puts me at a disadvantage and that's not as much fun.

Is there an N-Europe Call of Duty clan on this game at all, or has that stopped now that it's not on a Nintendo console?

yeah I'm curious if there are any of you keen to play this? I've just ordered the PS4 wireless headset and would love to hear the sound of your voices in 7.1 surround sound :grin:

......so I totally failed. My computer isn't good enough to play the game. Now I'm stuck with a game and nowhere to play it :P. Might consider buying a new machine now. I'm using my work PC for gaming (and that's already a bad thing! :P)

So, just bought a brand new gaming PC (thank you Black Friday) and I'm ready for this game! Now, if anyone of you want to play, I will most likely be on quite a bit after christmas/new years. Please add me on steam :). Name is Alak1987.

Thread Bump #2

So another game that I'm late to the party on. Got this for Christmas and completed it Tuesday night.

The campaign's first mission was really not a great start to the game. I know COD game's aren't necessarily famed for their gripping campaigns, but based from the others I've played the introduction mission is normally at least slightly gripping. This just annoyed me.

But that said by mission 3 and getting to meet Iron's and know him more the campaign picked up a little more.

So after completing it I can say that the campaign is okay, but damn is it short. Each mission seemed to be over really really quickly. Just when I thought it was part one of a mission, it'd be over.

The mission where you've got to get to the van that's crashed on the Golden Gate Bridge, that was over very very quickly.

There were some good missions though, I enjoyed the

Where you're flying a drone in Greece and spying on Hades meeting, covering a swat team going in.

And

Where you are at a party at Iron's place staying in stealth killing people with the grappling hook. Really enjoyed that and it took me back to some of the more testing yet fun missions from COD4:Modern Warfare

As for multiplayer I've been on it a fair amount. Up to level 19 and enjoying the online experience so far. Still terrible at it but hey ho.

Anyone else play on PS4 at all?

tl;dr > Completed, thought the campaign was good but short, playing online is fun but I suck.

Didn't see your reply until now @The Peeps. I'll add you right away ;).

Getting a lot into this game now on PC. Campaign was fairly standard, but full of cool moments (even though it was a bit too BRO!!! for me). Multiplayer is always fun. I think I'm above average, but I'm not too sure what mode I actually prefer. I used to be a Modern Warfare player with Hardcore mode on, but for this I'm both enjoying hardcore, regular and classic. The Sniper mode (One Shot) is also fun, gets it a bit more skill like, as you have to aim and hit.

Good fun all around, gonna be playing a lot this weekend. But man, this AND Elite Dangerous is going to be taking up all my time! :(

Edit: Peeps, have you changed your Steam name? I couldn't find you when I searched for Falco_UK.

Edited by ArtMediocre
Couldn't fin Peeps :(