NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Nov 4th)

So, Sledgehammer are set to reveal the next itteration of the CoD franchise on Monday 4th May (Star Wars day. :heh:)

Here's teaser stuffs...

147-572x600.jpg

And Gameinformer have the first screenshot, which looks very Titanfall-ish:

CODfullsize.jpg

The whole PMC angle sounds intruging, plus word is that it might be new-gen only... but it'll probably be more of the same. :heh: Speculate away...

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Battle Ace War Call of Metal Duty Fall Combat Solid Field Fighter Titan?

In all seriousness though I get why PMCs are a juicy subject (and plot device) for action/shooter games but we're well overdue for a campaign story with characters you can give a damn about.

That's been my issue with CoD for ages, it's been lacking a decent storyline/characters. I hope the extra year in the development cycle can improve this...

Anyway, stuff has been leaked (surprise, surprise), and Destructiod has the lowdown, including the trailer:

http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-leaked-see-the-first-video-and-images-274126.phtml

- Title is Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. (Can a mod change the thread title plz?)

- The game follows the exploits of a PMC group led by Kevin Spacey’s character, who has turned on the US government.

- Futuristic tech - Exo suits, gloves that can attach and allow scaling of buildings, jetpacks, HOVERBIKES!

I'd post more, but I'm at work. Enjoy though!

The big question is: is the future tech actually usable, or are they just set-pieces?

Well judging by the trailer you can be reassured it wont be like Metal Gear any time soon :p

I'm surprised they haven't done one in which you fight in multiple eras. Open with a medieval mission or something, working through the two world wars and then up to today's conflicts, asking questions about what has changed about war and what has remained constant (war never changes). The early Call of Duty/Medal of Honour campaigns were actually pretty damn fun in split-screen too, they should bring that back.

Ultimately, though, I don't really give a damn.

For someone with very little interest in COD, it's amazing what a simple 'speeder bike' can do for a trailer :p (I mean I still won't buy it, but damn, speeder bikes! :D)

147-572x600.jpg

The stats are interesting and worrying. Wonder if the game will actually talk about this stuff?

I'm surprised they haven't done one in which you fight in multiple eras. Open with a medieval mission or something, working through the two world wars and then up to today's conflicts, asking questions about what has changed about war and what has remained constant (war never changes). The early Call of Duty/Medal of Honour campaigns were actually pretty damn fun in split-screen too, they should bring that back.

Ultimately, though, I don't really give a damn.

For some reason this is what I thought Black Ops 2 did, future but also stuff back in the original Black Ops period (I played neither)

Still looking for a reason to buy my first COD since Modern Warfare 2.

- The game follows the exploits of a PMC group led by Kevin Spacey’s character, who has turned on the US government.

See, there's my problem with this. Maybe a PMC will be the villain trying to take down AMUREICA but I think we all guessed this was the plot before the Spacey trailer even came out. The real problem with PMCs is the lack of government oversight and the damage they can do in trouble spots on the public purse. We could have a compelling story about US soldiers trapped in some trouble spot going totally to shit and for one section they take it upon themselves to stop a group of PMCs terrorising a town in a Magnificent Seven - type situation. But then that would actually be criticising PMCs and AMUREICA rather than glorifying both.

Also women. CoD needs some god damn female characters. And honestly anyone who isn't another glory-mcgrizzled-dick-gun-bloke.

Anyway, my default policy stands: I might buy it if the multiplayer is good.

Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Wii U is listed on the E3 insider website

9fa0536d6eedd096d71008a836c310db.jpg

Awersome can't wait to pre-order it

Wouldn't it be better if you'd posted this in the Nintendo Gaming board? :p

Looks great.

@kav82 & @Blade if you guys get a PS4 before this arrives will you be getting it for that console. That is if you are even picking this years edition up.

Looks great.

@kav82 & @Blade if you guys get a PS4 before this arrives will you be getting it for that console. That is if you are even picking this years edition up.

I'll wait upon the multiplayer reveal before deciding when I'll pick it up but I reckon I'll not get it on release... and I'll most likely pick it up for the PS4 because there'll be more people picking it up on that than there will be on the WiiU (if it does make it out on the WiiU).

That looks entertaining. I haven't played a CoD since MW3 so I'm pretty happy to dip back into this series. Especially since I like future-y tech.

Spacey did his best with the lines but couldn't quite conceal their naffness.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out because it's the first major engine upgrade since MW2.

In terms of multiplayer, MW, MW2 and Black Ops were pretty damn good. Since then, the balance issues have rendered the series unplayable and untenable.

I like robots and I like CG Kevin Spacey. Both of those are box-worthy bullet points.

Spacey did his best with the lines but couldn't quite conceal their naffness.

I am gratified that he's at least trying but you're right. I've always felt like major publishers should all just have a room of people drinking coffee somewhere just pitching dialogue when asked.

Looks great.

Where is my mention? :blank:

Where is my mention? :blank:

Sorry, bud. I wasn't sure where you stood with your PS4 decision. I figured it would be a next year thing for you. You plan on getting one earlier?

Sorry, bud. I wasn't sure where you stood with your PS4 decision. I figured it would be a next year thing for you. You plan on getting one earlier?

@lostmario you need to pick up a PS4 to play this with us (but mainly to play Destiny with us).

November or earlier if there is a good priced bundle announced.

November or earlier if there is a good priced bundle announced.

@kav82 @Hero\-of\-Time

Looking like I may be getting it at the last week of August. I have got AL to use so ive booked the rest of the week off work. (The Monday is a bank holiday)