NEurope
Dog-amoto

Bob Hoskins dead at 71

RIP a great actor, Who framed roger rabbit was a childhood favourite movie, I also think he was perfect for Mario , it was bad in a good way

R.I.P

A great actor. Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Hook are 2 of my favourite childhood movies starring him.

Mario, noooooo!

:(

R.I.P Bob Hoskins

The guy was a total legend for so many more reasons than just that though.

: peace:

The Long Good Friday and Who Framed Roger Rabbit are two of my favourite films of all time. His passing pains me. RIP.

This is really sad :( I loved that guy! And as much as I can hate the Mario movie now, I loved it when I was little!

But of course, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is how I truly fell in love with him. That film man, my mom actually hates it now because I used to watch it so much when I was little.

He many films great. Even though the Mario movie was technically awful, Bob made me really enjoy it. Also very fond of Hook and Who Framed Rodger Rabbit. I'm quite shocked, I would have thought he would be the kind of actor who would go on forever and ever.

Gonna have to watch Mario over the weekend now! First few months of this year has been brutal for celeb deaths.

Very sad to hear this, Roger Rabbit was a film I watched over and over again as a kid. The character he played in that movie, Eddie Valiant was like a childhood hero to me at the time. When I heard the news about his death, i remembered this music from the movie from one of the few sad scenes:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

He was was an amazing actor, its worth checking out some of his older films too see some of his performances over the years.

RIP

Edited by Helmsly

Despite how bad the Super Mario Bros film is, I actually really love it. It's just so wonderfully tacky.

R.I.P.

Quality actor. Brought so much to so many great films.

Poor Bob.

I had no idea he was so old!

R.I.P Bob Hoskins, NOBODY will ever play Mr. Smee the way you did! FACT! :(

Hook is one of my favourite movies and Neverland was an awesome show. Did anybody remember that Hoskins played Smee in both Hook and Neverland? I remember him in other movies but Hook is more close to me because I love Peter Pan and I remember thinking that he was perfect as Smee. Really sad news! I'mma have to try and buy Hook on blu-ray and watch it over the weekend. Failing I get the blu-ray, I'll watch my DVD!

Like Helmsley I'm not sure I could even count the number of times I've seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit as a kid(and a few times as an adult, too :p). Hoskins was an absolutely quality british actor, and seeing him in interviews when I was a bit older was even more of a delight - seemed like a cracking guy all round. I always wished he'd been around in the acting game a bit longer for me to appreciate, but I hadn't really realised quite how old he was neither.

Shocked really, doesn't seem like any age at all.

I think he was a massively underappreciated British actor, who was always great in everything he was in - whatever the overall quality of the rest of the movie.