NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart Direct

It somewhat reads like they wanted to introduce more female characters and just forgot them all, because they have a tonne they haven't included like Dixie Kong, Goombella (Paper Mario), Birdo, Pauline, Pom Pom (3D Land)... Luma?

Anyway yeah, hopefully some of these and many more are unlockable.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just wait for Nintendo to give us Baby Pink Gold Peach.

work-meetings.gif

jac4us.png

Do we really need 3 Marios and 3 Peaches? Baby Peach, Daisy AND Rosalina? Seems like a waste of character space to me...

yeah I'm not a fan of what I've seen of the roster. I want Birdo, Diddy Kong and Bowser JR back...hopefully they'll be secret characters.

I remember when MKWii first came out, it broke its release date near me and I had the game from mid April or something. At that time most people hadn't found all of the secret characters yet, so when you suddenly saw Funky Kong racing in an online game, it was a total surprise just to see that character because you would never have guessed he would be in a Mario Kart game.

Edited by Helmsly

I seriously do not understand these character choices....

I mean, why on earth should characters DISSAPEAR from the Mario Kart franchise...???

What the flying monkey scrotum is a Pink Gold Peach, ....WHAT IS THAT??!?!?

Where the fuck are:

Prof. E Gadd

Lubba

Diddy Kong

Funky Kong

Cranky Kong

Dixie Kong

Dry Bowser

Dry Bones

Petey Piranha

King Boo

Koopa Paratroopa

Bowser Jr.

Pauline

Birdo

It's not as hard as creating a whole move set around a character like in Smash, you just have to place them in a kart or on a bike....that's it! And make their mustache move a little if they have one...

I sincerely hope that there will be an extra column or two added to that roster once you play the game more, because it just makes no damn sense...

What the flying monkey scrotum is a Pink Gold Peach, ....WHAT IS THAT??!?!?
:laughing::bowdown:

Yeah, the roster could've done with less clone types. But look on the bright side, Fused... it's Waluigi Time again!! :bouncy:

Also, I reckon additional characters are gonna appear at some point, either via DLC or NFC figures.

Wonder if they'll follow the Mario Golf strategy?...

where else will we be able to get Green Platinum Luigi!

Edited by Retro_Link

It's obvious why they have omitted two Kongs.

Retro/Monster Games or Next Level Games are making Diddy Kong Racing using the MK8 engine.

(I wish...)

I am expecting a DLC announcement soon. Especially as they've gone all out with telling us exactly what the game will contain, with seemingly no secrets (apart from vehicle parts).

As a result, they've already proved that this is a full Mario Kart game.

jac4us.png

I need dioramas of all the characters. That Luigi model looks sumptuous. How Nintendo keep on making their characters look better (in my opinion) with every generation is testament to their artistic brilliance.

I'd love a Disney Infinity style game using the Nintendo brand. So many brilliant character designs and worlds. :awesome:

I expect we'll see a 'Press R' button appear somewhere on that screen to switch to a second page of characters [hopefully!!].

I would love for more Mario characters too, especially Birdo. Though those of you complaining about baby characters, I know they seem like a waste but Mario Kart is for a much wider audience than Smash Bros.

Your casual Mario Kart player would much rather have Baby Peach than Dixie Kong or Goombella, both of which they'd have probably never heard of.

Well that's simple. Based on what I'd seen, I didn't value the game to be worth the asking price. I was willing to wait.

Apparently you've also got to justify to people why you haven't bought certain games yet, heh. :p

I'm not asking for justification - I just find it almost ridiculous that someone can be so passionate in labeling the Wii U experience as shit on a constant basis, yet not be willing to try one of its best games thats been available for a year.

But, hey, I digress - Not fascinating.

It's obvious why they have omitted two Kongs.

Retro/Monster Games or Next Level Games are making Diddy Kong Racing using the MK8 engine.

(I wish...)

What was the appeal of Diddy Kong Racing over MK64? Can't really remember - was it the planes? How would it fare in todays world of Sonic Transformed Racing?

I'm not asking for justification - I just find it almost ridiculous that someone can be so passionate in labeling the Wii U experience as shit on a constant basis, yet not be willing to try one of its best games thats been available for a year.

But, hey, I digress - Not fascinating.

Oh, excuse me?

If I choose to wait to buy Nintendo games, particularly ones from a long standing series that follow in the footsteps of the previous two games that I know I will enjoy but don't mind waiting for, that's my prerogative. And hey, look! Now I got it free. So I must be really dumb to have waited.

And for the record, that doesn't mean I can't comment on the games I have already played nor does it mean I can't comment on Nintendo's strategy, lacklustre hardware, direction, marketing and network features.

This again leads back to the whole 'you shouldn't be saying XYZ negative about Nintendo/your negative opinions are invalid' argument that you have been pushing recently.

Edited by Sheikah

Eh...I was happy to (I was praising being able to get Pikmin with this deal) until you derailed it with this facile argument.

I would love for more Mario characters too, especially Birdo. Though those of you complaining about baby characters, I know they seem like a waste but Mario Kart is for a much wider audience than Smash Bros.

Your casual Mario Kart player would much rather have Baby Peach than Dixie Kong or Goombella, both of which they'd have probably never heard of.

I don't really think that's the case, people just get to know and love characters.

When Diddy Kong racing was introduced back in the day we only knew Diddy Kong, but you immediately have your other favorites. It doesn't matter if kids haven't heard of Dixie Kong, or Goombella, they'll love them as the monkey with ponytails, or girl mushroom... and if anything it will introduce them to new/other Nintendo franchises.

Do we really need 3 threads for this game? I know it'll be awesome and all, but...

Do we really need 3 threads for this game? I know it'll be awesome and all, but...

Well, this one is solely for the special Direct for it, but that's over now

I didn't see the point of a separate spoilers thread, especially for this game, just makes it cluttered and confusing.

Edit: though the excellent first post in the spoilers thread makes it worth it!

Edited by Ronnie

I didn't see the point of a separate spoilers thread, especially for this game, just makes it cluttered and confusing.

Edit: though the excellent first post in the spoilers thread makes it worth it!

Some of us don't want the whole game spoilt for us... ::shrug:

Some of us don't want the whole game spoilt for us... ::shrug:

You do know there's not a story and I believe there won't be a twist ending? :heh:

You do know there's not a story and I believe there won't be a twist ending? :heh:

Luigi is Keyser Soze.

Luigi is Keyser Soze.

And he's been dead all along! :eek: