NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart Direct

From the PR

Mario Kart 8 Bonus Game Promotion: Whether Mario Kart 8 is purchased at retail or via Nintendo eShop, if you register an accompanying Club Nintendo PIN code of the game with Club Nintendo between 30th May 2014 (10:00 CEST) and 31st July 2014 (23:59 CEST), you will be eligible to receive a free download code for one of 10 selected Wii U games* by 31st August 2014 (23:59 CEST). This offer also applies to Club Nintendo PIN codes included in the Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition software offering and Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack – Special Edition hardware bundle. More details of this promotion will follow at a later date here.

You're overthinking it

I don't wanna sound like Mr Positive but TBH having voice-chat in races is not a make-or-break thing. VC in the lobby area is good enough: I can proclaim that thy wilst be'th pwnd - and then pwn you without the cussing and random noise.

This isn't a co-op FPS requiring strategy and team work.

Edited by King_V

I don't wanna sound like Mr Positive but TBH having voice-chat in races is not a make-or-break thing. VC in the lobby area is good enough: I can proclaim that thy wilst be'th pwnd - and then pwn you without the cussing and random noise.

That's pretty much it. Plus, it would take bandwidth which could affect latency, so I'm all for it.

That was brilliant.

I was looking forward to this, but now my hype levels have gone through the roof!

And I'll get Wind Waker for free too!

SO EXCITED!!!

That was Outstanding, my only complaint is now the next 30 days are going to be even slower now. I haven't been this hyped for a game for a long long time :)

Edited by yesteryeargames

No voice chat during races? :(

Skype it is then!

Aye, during races is what I wanted to see. Oh well.

Bmd-rypIgAALOFM.png:large

MEGATON

Although... :D

Pikmin 3, here I come.

That's pretty much it. Plus, it would take bandwidth which could affect latency, so I'm all for it.

Come on Serebii, voice-chat does not effect bandwidth to that extent! It would have a fraction of an effect in comparison to the MKTV feature recording all the race whilst online!

In public lobbies, when not with you guys, ill be swearing and cursing in protest that I can't chat to my mates in-game. Just because I feel like being a cunt thanks to Nintendo! (Yes I'm childish)

Come on Serebii, voice-chat does not effect bandwidth to that extent! It would have a fraction of an effect in comparison to the MKTV feature recording all the race whilst online!

In public lobbies, when not with you guys, ill be swearing and cursing in protest that I can't chat to my mates in-game. Just because I feel like being a cunt thanks to Nintendo! (Yes I'm childish)

Mario Kart TV will just log all the data without continually sending and receiving extra data. The game receives the data anyway and the game logs it for Mario Kart TV. Voice chat, on the other hand, is a constant stream of sound.

Not including voice chat within the race is taking the piss. Why make a decision not to include it?

The free game though is good :)

Hmm...do I get Nintendoland or do I give Monster Hunter another try?

Edit: Actually, I'll never play Nintendoland in multiplayer, so probably Monster Hunter.

I have seen Nintendoland dirt cheap (like a fiver) in places like CeX since it is given away with consoles after all. Best to save it for one of the others.

The biggest disappointment to me? Pink Gold Peach. What the hell Nintendo?!?!?

No Diddy Kong, Boo or Birdo, but PINK GOLD PEACH??????

The biggest disappointment to me? Pink Gold Peach. What the hell Nintendo?!?!?

No Diddy Kong, Boo or Birdo, but PINK GOLD PEACH??????

I'm thinking secret characters. It's quite unlikely that they have revealed all the characters a month before launch.

I'm thinking secret characters. It's quite unlikely that they have revealed all the characters a month before launch.

I certainly hope so.

Nintendo really need to get ads for this in every break at prime time, and really emphasise the free game offer too. It's their only hope in turning Wii U sales around. If they can even get a small portion of those who bought MKWii to jump in again, that'll be a start.

Although... :D

Pikmin 3, here I come.

You haven't played one of the Wii U's top games yet??? Weird, since you're so outspoken on the topic of Wii U games (being shit)...

Edited by King_V

Mario Kart TV will just log all the data without continually sending and receiving extra data. The game receives the data anyway and the game logs it for Mario Kart TV. Voice chat, on the other hand, is a constant stream of sound.

Voice-chat will have a negligible effect mate. Don't try and dress it as though it would. It's like with CoD, it had Theatre Mode in Ghosts but it was absent in Ghosts, when quizzed the developers said they didn't want it effecting the bandwidth as they didn't feel the feature gave enough to the game to compensate for that downside.

MKTV will effect the bandwidth, it's not just capturing the sat logged from the game, it's capturing the data transmitted from other people's games into yours and so will be a drain on the bandwidth in some respect... more so than voice-chat would be!

Unless you can only use MKTV for offline races, then it's a bit of a meh feature.

Why make a decision not to include it?

Maybe because its not needed? If it was a team-based FPS/RTS I can understand... But hearing upto 12 nerds make noises over the soundtrack in a skill-based racing game?.. Not for me, thanks..

Will watch the direct when I get home.

No voice chat during races is retarded.

Great news in free game promotion though.

Maybe because its not needed? If it was a team-based FPS/RTS I can understand... But hearing upto 12 nerds make noises over the soundtrack in a skill-based racing game?.. Not for me, thanks..

They could always give you the option to mute/disable voice-chat.

No chat during races is fucking retarded!

At least we have it in some capacity at least. Man Nintendo are fucking shit!

facepalm-captain-picard.jpg

Not seen the direct myself, but no voice chat in races sounds fine to me. As it's been said, it will certainly reduce the lag (if any) and disruptions. I don't tend to talk when in battles/races, too focussed on achieving a victory. But other than that, going to be a long 30 days.

Luckly for me, this comes out at the end of May (on pay day) so i havn't got to worry about money seeing as Mario Golf and Watchdogs are out this month as well. Still, gives me a chance to get a WiiU Pro Controller (use the Wii Gamepad, na) and an External HDD sorted (for my free game)

lol @ people arguing at chat causing lag. Yeah its not like 100's of games including racers have voice chat during online play with little to no effect.

lol @ people arguing at chat causing lag. Yeah its not like 100's of games including racers have voice chat during online play with little to no effect.

Indeed! It's so laughable that they suggest it, the effect it has is so next to nothing saying it's even negligible makes it sound more taxing than it actually is!