NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart Direct

Out of nowhere! *watches*

Online details @22 minutes.

Voice chat confirmed. Only before and after races.

Upload videos to Youtube!

Edited by Ike

Just seen on GAF that if you buy this game on the eShop you get a FREE game download (including Wind Waker, Pikmin etc).

No chat during races is fucking retarded!

At least we have it in some capacity at least. Man Nintendo are fucking shit!

Good offer with the games but I'm not interested in those I don't have. Great news about uploading vids from MKTV to YouTube though I must say!

Edited by Kav

Just seen on GAF that if you buy this game on the eShop you get a FREE game download (including Wind Waker, Pikmin etc).

Not eShop. According to the official Twitter, you just have to register it on Club Nintendo!

Wow. Nintendo are actually giving a free download game with each purchase? I wanted them to do it, but never actually expected it would happen.

Definitely makes the £250 bundle a lot more attractive. Especially if retailers also drop the price or chuck in another game.

Not eShop. According to the official Twitter, you just have to register it on Club Nintendo!

That's class. I need to sort out this club Nintendo thing...

That sounds a sweet deal. Out of that list i've seen (via Official Nintendo Mag), probably going with Wonderful 101 myself.

So, Wii U £250 Mario Kart 8 bundles are eligible for the second game. That makes the price even more tantalising, does it not?

Damn, casual Direct droppage got me all emotional.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that a Mario Kart game for WiiU would get me so excited.

That bit where they showed the music recordings...

iD9LrfGf67NPG.gif

Soooooo gooooood!

Looks like @lostmario will be getting some help organising the League too, but I do wonder if randoms can join when you set up a tournament or if you can only allow friends.

There seemed to be a fair amount of options though.

Finally can get my Pikmin 3 groove on as well.

THANK YOU NINTENDO!

I was all down but now I want to live, I want to experience, I want to dew it!

Edited by Fused King
Automerged Doublepost

Finally!

Some kind of protection from blue shells in item form!

Voice chat, tournaments and uploading videos to youtube was pretty good though as well.

Edit: English voices were awful, but I loved the crazily enthusiastic Japanese voice stuff in the bikes vs karts section.

i was so sure there would be no chat, that I'll take lobby chat happily, will certainly make league nights a lot easier and funnier. At least blue shell victims will have a chance to "count to 10" before launching into a tirade.

Free game to boot, can't ask for more than that.

Just looked at the ad again. The line "you could download a free game" makes me think it's not quite as cut and dried as I may have hoped, a bit like voice chat... they giveth, they taketh away.

Edited by Clownferret

Just got back in to see this!

You miss a little, you miss a lot!

Hmm...do I get Nintendoland or do I give Monster Hunter another try?

Edit: Actually, I'll never play Nintendoland in multiplayer, so probably Monster Hunter.

Edited by Cube

Yup, at 22:50 you can see that you can make it 'open to everyone', which must means you can also make it only open to friends.

Let the games begin :D

Let the N-Europe Mario Kart League become a staple synonymous with Mario Kart globally :D

[quote name='Clownferret;1675702

Just looked at the ad again. The line "you could download a free game" makes me think it's not quite as cut and dried as I may have hoped' date=' a bit like voice chat... they giveth, they taketh away.[/quote']

Maybe you have to beat Ghost Data from the staff first :laughing:

Paywall NINTENDO style.

Who what when where why?! Hopefully catch this when I get in this evening. Voice chat only before and after is super weak - definite downside to the game for me.

So, Wii U £250 Mario Kart 8 bundles are eligible for the second game. That makes the price even more tantalising, does it not?

Thought you said it wasn't possible to be done when @Guy suggested it? :P Good shout Ninty and Guy nonetheless!

Awesome I still haven't bought The W101.

QcgS8zg.png

Thank you, Nintendo!

I do, however, surely hope that there are more than 30 characters in there.

Pink Gold Peach in favour of the likes of Diddy Kong or King Boo just seems ridiculous.

Though I have faith, because this is the same ol' song we have with every Mario Kart.

They usually never reveal all the characters.