NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Art Academy (3DS)

Haha, I have my ways of making any Pokémon usable.

I said Grumpig was meh in battles. Not useless. It makes a decent special tank and no-one really expects it. Shame it hasn't got much recovery options apart from rest.

Now if you want a truly rubbish Pokemon, you go for Kecleon. That ability tends to do more harm than good.

zlCfzSMVk-gUIocIk8

Yeah, even when I finish all the lessons, I'm still gonna prefer the markers!

Anyway, here's a slightly slobbery Politoed!

zlCfzSM9vp0JVn0eep

Drew this quickly after seeing one of the sketches that showed up during the beginning of the Lugia lesson.

Perhaps it's yelling at a Ho-Oh for clearing up a storm it made?

zlCfzSM9vp0JVn0eep

Drew this quickly after seeing one of the sketches that showed up during the beginning of the Lugia lesson.

Perhaps it's yelling at a Ho-Oh for clearing up a storm it made?

old-man-cloud.jpg

Right, time to post more Free Paint drawings.

zlCfzSNA2tA-D-C-xY

I never did like the posture that Seismitoad has in X/Y. Seems a bit too hunchback for me. I don't know, I just prefer how it looks in Black/White.

That said, this isn't how it looks in Black/White. I just like drawing it like this.

zlCfzSN6flEClNPxsa

Yes, that Krookodile is wearing a leather jacket. No, I don't care if you think that looks dumb.

I've drawn Krookodile quite a few times in the past, so I found doing a different pose quite easy compared to other Pokemon.

zlCfzSOZz4osXXaaUA

I did the Apprentice Finale lesson recently, which has a cool way of shading. You basically use the background colour to shade really dark areas.

I wanted to see if it would translate well with markers.

Um... Kinda?

EDIT: AH! I know why it looks odd! It's the outline! Fixed it, though! Looks way better now!

zlCfzSOaWYUVx-BnVa

And that there is a lesson of how a picture's feel can be entirely changed by one colour! Isn't art great?

I'm looking forward to that Lapras lesson, which teaches a kinda comic book style. But first I have to draw a Sylveon with pastels.

(I don't like Sylveon or any of the Eeveelutions really... But I like the pastels)

Edited by Glen-i

And now I don't know who the Pokémon are but I'll thank ya anyway cos they are still great sketches. :awesome:

And now I don't know who the Pokémon are but I'll thank ya anyway cos they are still great sketches. :awesome:

You've not played 5th gen? That's a shame. I happen to think 5th gen has the best Pokemon designs all round.

Last one is called Scrafty. It uses it's shedded skin as a makeshift pair of trousers along with a hood.

I really like it! A really cool Pokemon.

You've not played 5th gen? That's a shame. I happen to think 5th gen has the best Pokemon designs all round.

Last one is called Scrafty. It uses it's shedded skin as a makeshift pair of trousers along with a hood.

I really like it! A really cool Pokemon.

I was a fan of Pokémon for a while and its not like I hate it nowadays or anything. :) I got a US version of Pokémon Red cos NMS (what the Official Nintendo Mag used to be called) had mentioned that some Pocket Monsters thing was catching on in Japan. Then of course I got Pokémon Gold day one and Ruby which I dropped a lot of hours into, so went on to get Emerald which I couldn't motivate myself to play through. :( That was probably the start of my Poké decline but I got Diamond day one which I enjoyed up to a point... (going to Sunnyshore Town or something)... then... just never played it again. ::shrug:

Hello, the 5 of you that still bother to check this thread out.

zlCfzSPdUQUSfr-EO2

I actually bothered to hatch myself a shiny Greninja with 4 perfect IV's.

Yeah... Never want to do that again. Anyway, what do you think a Greninja looks like without it's tongue wrapped around it's neck? Here's my guess.

Anyway, I learned about tapering and line weighting recently and I wanted to try it out.

There's also an awesome use of the outline pen here, but I won't spoil what it is.

And I'm reusing the background shading I used in that Scrafty picture. Because it looks great!

Yep, me again! This time with something not Pokemon related.

zlCfzSQjsBQV-7BTm6

Don't ask why I wanted to draw Frog from Chrono Trigger. Inspiration just struck. He's always been my favourite character from that game. (And not just because of what his actual name is...)

I'm particularly proud of the highlighting in this picture. Took a while, but it was totally worth it!

Yep. I'm gonna keep posting stuff here. Even if it is just me.

zlCfzSS5cVExXTWCff

zlCfzSTIpxIbu9YI-q

Using the smudge stick to give a more softer shading style, despite using markers.

But I also used the spraypaint to intensify highlights a little.

I've done all the lessons and quick sketches now. I suppose I might as well show how my attempts came out.

(I suppose there's spoilers about which Pokemon you end up drawing)

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/223/d/d/every_bloody_pokemon_art_academy_lesson_by_glen_i-d7ur3dy.jpg

Edited by Glen-i

Sorry @Glen\-i.

My time on this game has dwindled the last few weeks. I do intend to play more but at the minute I have a backlog of other games. I'm terrible at finishing games properly :heh:.

I appreciate you posting your pics though - they're brilliant!!! And it is inspiring me to get back drawing so I can share some of my creations!

You keep posting what you create though, I love seeing them! : peace:

If I keep posting pictures here, do you think I could get the thread title changed to "Glen-i posts pictures a lot"?

personal_space_issues_by_glen_i-d7v4u9j.png

Browsing the internet can yield some awesome findings. I recently found a Toxicroak sporting a Freddie Mercury jacket. How awesome is that? I had to draw it. Don't worry, I got the guy's permission first.

BTW, exporting to JPEG results in a MASSIVE picture.

jiseff_by_glen_i-d7vnifa.jpg

And here's a Tyranitar I drew for someone.

Just thought I'd let the 3 or so people here with the game know that there's a new Free Paint picture available for download.

It's of a Shiny Mega Gengar. Why shiny? No idea...

gengar.jpg

Yes, I realise I'm a few days late.

Just thought I'd let the 3 or so people here with the game know that there's a new Free Paint picture available for download.

It's of a Shiny Mega Gengar. Why shiny? No idea...

gengar.jpg

Yes, I realise I'm a few days late.

Actually, I wasn't aware it was live in Europe

Actually, I wasn't aware it was live in Europe

Oh. Well, glad to have contributed something then.

Not sure what possessed me to check it today. Just had a strange hunch.

Oh. Well, glad to have contributed something then.

Not sure what possessed me to check it today. Just had a strange hunch.

Much appreciated :)

Don't even have a SpotPass for it yet. Blimey

art11patch.png

You may want to scan this, @Glen\-i, the game has been patched

Ta very much!

Read up on what it does on your site.

Can't say I've ever experienced that issue. Perhaps I got lucky?

Still, better safe than sorry.

Ah neat, I take it this is something to do with Halloween?

Smash and Hyrule Warriors has really distracted me from drawing, I'm kinda in the mood to draw something now.

Thanks Serebii. It's been a while since this got a template.

EDIT: Huh... For some reason, the template is really low quality...

It's really blurry...

Edited by Glen-i