NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Art Academy (3DS)

A new game has been announced for Nintendo 3DS. This game is called Pokémon Art Academy and is coming to Nintendo 3DS in both retail and download on June 19th 2014 in Japan for 3,619¥, that's 1,200¥ less than standard retail titles, with no western release revealed at this time. This game is a spin-off of Pokémon and the Art Academy series and teaches you how to draw the various Pokémon and has multiple characters within teaching you. There are 40 lessons within starting from easy tutorials like Oshawott and going all the way up to intricate designs like Mega Charizard. There are two characters who will be learning with you. You can then share your artwork on Miiverse

Wow! This is like my cousin's dream game! He LOVES Art Academy and mostly draws Pokemon pictures in it...

Wow! This is like my cousin's dream game! He LOVES Art Academy and mostly draws Pokemon pictures in it...

Let's hope that it gets localised. Don't see why it won't, though.

Well we got Learn to Type so anything is possible.

Edited by Ike

You know what I really hope we see from this? Some of those drawing competitions they've had in Japan where the winners get their art on real-life Pokémon cards. Probably won't happen, but it would be so awesome...

(100% getting this if it's released in Europe, of course.)

Considering I can't draw, this is going to be a very unusual game for me to cover

Well we got Learn to Type so anything is possible.

That game is fucking awesome BTW! The music alone is worth the price of purchase...

If you like games like Typing of the Dead, this game is a must buy! (It's also ROCK hard! No, seriously! This game will put manly hairs on your chest and give you nightmares of your countless failures :shakehead )

That game is fucking awesome BTW! The music alone is worth the price of purchase...

If you like games like Typing of the Dead, this game is a must buy! (It's also ROCK hard! No, seriously! This game will put manly hairs on your chest and give you nightmares of your countless failures :shakehead )

Holy shit, why does a typing adventure game have such good music?! Who the fuck composed this?!

I may have to try and find a cheap copy somewhere, that sounds awesome!

£16 new on Amazon, fuuuu I'm tempted!

Woah! July 4th for Europe? That's way faster than I was expecting! :o

BnbijzBIQAAnnRF.png

Woah! July 4th for Europe? That's way faster than I was expecting! :o

BnbijzBIQAAnnRF.png

Eases the stress for me a little :)

This appears to be a much better application than Art Academy SketchPad. Is it also developed by Headstrong Games?

Are they still planning to update the Wii U software? :blank:

Is this a full retail game or a cheap eshop game?

Full retail at, in Japan anyway, 75% the cost of normal retail

This appears to be a much better application than Art Academy SketchPad. Is it also developed by Headstrong Games?

Yep, it is.

First UK developed Pokémon game.

I've been wondering about that myself recently. The update is supposed to come out this year, but that's all we know at the moment.

Yeah they are. There's a full retail Art Academy game coming out this year for Wii U (Art Academy Sketchpad was just the free paint mode ripped out of the full retail game as something that Nintendo could put out early in order to keep people happy while they waited for the full game).

Oh damn! This is getting localised? YES! GET IN!

I wish I could say that wasn't true. But it's totally true! About 90% of the pictures I drew were Pokemon.

The thing that has got me interested in this are the markers. You couldn't really do a cartoony style in Art Academy, which is why I mainly use Colours 3D.

But those markers will probably pry me away from it.

Hmmm... Not sure how to feel about that box art. It seems a bit too cluttered compared to the Japanese one.

Although I'm downloading it, so complaining seems a bit pointless.

Hmmm... Not sure how to feel about that box art. It seems a bit too cluttered compared to the Japanese one.

Although I'm downloading it, so complaining seems a bit pointless.

It does a good job of subtly telling you what the "game" is about though (and no it's not just learning how to draw Pikachu before you go ahead and make the obvious joke :p )

With the Japanese box you can interpret it as being just a set of tools for drawing Pokemon, while the EU one makes it clearer that it's about learning how to draw Pokemon; so for that reason EU box>JPN one IMO :)

It does a good job of subtly telling you what the "game" is about though (and no it's not just learning how to draw Pikachu before you go ahead and make the obvious joke :p )

With the Japanese box you can interpret it as being just a set of tools for drawing Pokemon, while the EU one makes it clearer that it's about learning how to draw Pokemon; so for that reason EU box>JPN one IMO :)

I suppose so.

Although, considering that the lessons are not the main reason I'm buying this, perhaps the Japanese one is more accurate for me.

I have no interest in this but that Japanese box art is beautiful