NEurope
Serebii

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Well it's quality not quantity. I didn't watch it, but by people's reaction it sounds like Sony's show was rather bloated and boring and at times dragged quite a lot.

Microsoft's show was quite solid. It seemed to totally shun Kinect and the TV stuff and focus on the games. I felt the negativity toward the show was really just from Sony fans who want to hate everything MS does regardless of its merit.

If Nintendo has half an hour of back to back incredible franchise reveals and new games, 3rd party link ups etc and showcases longer gameplay features and in-depth discussions on the show floor and in separate developer interviews I'm happy with that.

What I don't want to see is a half an hour slot that's 20 minutes of Smash Bros. One 'sizzle reel' which is basically Bayonetta, X and Hyrule Warriors then a CGI Zelda teaser with Holiday 2015 stamped on it! That would be gutting.

I want game after game and I want the return of Starfox, Metroid, F-Zero and Battalion wars.

NOTE: I have never been less hyped for an E3, so my expectations couldn't be lower.

I want that rumoured Starfox/Metroid crossover. That'd be a great way to bring two franchises that lag a bit in sales back to the forefront.

I actually found both Microsoft and Sony conferences to be underwhleming. Theres a few titles on each of them that looks really good though.

I didn't watch either of them. Don't care. However, I did catch Platinum's new game, Scalebound is it? That looked interesting but it's XB1 exclusive. I have wondered will they too run a mile once their contract is up and Bayonetta 2 is complete? Should Nintendo have bought Platinum if it was possible?

I didn't watch either of them. Don't care. However, I did catch Platinum's new game, Scalebound is it? That looked interesting but it's XB1 exclusive. I have wondered will they too run a mile once their contract is up and Bayonetta 2 is complete? Should Nintendo have bought Platinum if it was possible?

That's not how things work. If Nintendo funds another Platinum project, then we'll get another.

Nintendo funded Wonderful 101

Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2

Microsoft is funding Scalebound.

It's as simple as that.

That's not how things work. If Nintendo funds another Platinum project, then we'll get another.

Nintendo funded Wonderful 101

Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2

Microsoft is funding Scalebound.

It's as simple as that.

Yes I know that but I'm sure it's not that simple. I'd say they're also entitled to a share of the profits and if Platinum feel there's no money to be made they'll turn Nintendo down. Could be wrong, we don't know the finer details of the contract.

Well it's quality not quantity. I didn't watch it, but by people's reaction it sounds like Sony's show was rather bloated and boring and at times dragged quite a lot.

Microsoft's show was quite solid. It seemed to totally shun Kinect and the TV stuff and focus on the games. I felt the negativity toward the show was really just from Sony fans who want to hate everything MS does regardless of its merit.

If Nintendo has half an hour of back to back incredible franchise reveals and new games, 3rd party link ups etc and showcases longer gameplay features and in-depth discussions on the show floor and in separate developer interviews I'm happy with that.

What I don't want to see is a half an hour slot that's 20 minutes of Smash Bros. One 'sizzle reel' which is basically Bayonetta, X and Hyrule Warriors then a CGI Zelda teaser with Holiday 2015 stamped on it! That would be gutting.

I want game after game and I want the return of Starfox, Metroid, F-Zero and Battalion wars.

NOTE: I have never been less hyped for an E3, so my expectations couldn't be lower.

Your expectations are low but want star fox, Metroid, f zero and batlation wars :)

I agree with the for at though, show a little bit of a lot of games and flesh them all out at the treehouse.

Anything less than 40 mins will set alarm bells - 3ds, Wii u, smash and NFC could take up that... We'll see. After the disappointing conferences so far, they could smash it, but this is Nintendo...

I do think that already Nintendo has the best line up this year. Anything on top of that would be great.

Another thing, they're blatantly going to continue with the reggie fils a mech things, which is also going to take up time...

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

What exactly will Nintendo be doing? A direct for major announcements (if yes: when? CEST? :p )?

Oh dear...

Cheers mate : peace: Not sure if I'll be able to watch it :blank: I'll try!

After the conferences I've seen (MS, EA, Ubi, Sony) I can say: Nintendo could easily own E3 now. Here's hoping they do.

I loved the IGN crew going crazy over a 2 minute "trailer" of some guy waking up and walking off into the distance. Uncharted 4 scheduled for release in 2015. If Nintendo released a trailer that showed pretty much nothing they would get slaughtered, let alone wanked over.

After seeing the four conferences of yesterday I can't wait to see games with a bit of colour and imagination this afternoon. Not the same old gritty shooters where you go around killing people, which seems to have accounted for about 90% of what was shown yesterday. Sad how this is what AAA modern gaming is about these days.

5pm BST

What does "BS" stand for, anyway? I always thought this was called "Greenwich Meridian Time"

British Summer Time.

EDIT: That was a bit vague.

In the summer, the UK goes from GMT to BST.

Basically it's GMT+1.

Every summer we add an hour to the clock so that it gives us more daylight time in the evening.

Edited by -Dem0-

I loved the IGN crew going crazy over a 2 minute "trailer" of some guy waking up and walking off into the distance. Uncharted 4 scheduled for release in 2015. If Nintendo released a trailer that showed pretty much nothing they would get slaughtered, let alone wanked over.

After seeing the four conferences of yesterday I can't wait to see games with a bit of colour and imagination this afternoon. Not the same old gritty shooters where you go around killing people, which seems to have accounted for about 90% of what was shown yesterday. Sad how this is what AAA modern gaming is about these days.

Trailer was boring as anything, but apparently that was in game footage, as Uncharted does with all it's cutscenes. Which if the case is mind blowing.

So I guess in terms of the potential and a new standard for console visuals it's very exciting.

I mean if that were a Zelda trailer, where Link was woken from his Kokiri bed and walked off into the Lost Woods, but we knew that it was in game.... OH MY!!!!!

Edited by Retro_Link

In the summer, the UK goes from GMT to BST.

Basically it's GMT+1.

Every summer we add an hour to the clock so that it gives us more daylight time in the evening.

Yeah, I know, just seems a bit pointless to call it something different when Central Europe clearly isn't doing it.

And Portugal is also GMT/BST. So it's ironic that summer time isn't named after the country that's actually worth visiting in the summer :heh:

On a more serious note, what is Nintendo doing today, and when? There's a Direct/Announcement at 5PM, the Smash Bros. tournament at midnight... What else in between?

Even an hour is going to feel short in comparison to what MS and Sony had to show...

There's no getting around it. Even assuming the most positive scenario, it's going to feel short and underwhelming... Which is understandable when you think about it... after all, it's pretty much just Nintendo alone on Wii U and then a few select Japanese games on 3DS and some indies added on for good measure. Of course it's going to be short in comparison to the might of every other major developer out there combined...

Have not watched any footage but from what I've read on here, Nintendo are just 1st party and Sony are just 3rd party, so unless Nintendo drop a sports bomb, looks like I'll be getting a White (did i read that correct?) PS4 for my FIFA and Tiger fix (will Tiger on PS4 be move compatible or have they dropped it?) Hope for the best but plan for the worst and all that.

Honestly, I think we'll see Smash, Zelda, Bayonetta, X, Wii Sports Club and very little else. I really want 90's Arcade Racer to be confirmed.

Have not watched any footage but from what I've read on here, Nintendo are just 1st party and Sony are just 3rd party, so unless Nintendo drop a sports bomb, looks like I'll be getting a White (did i read that correct?) PS4 for my FIFA and Tiger fix (will Tiger on PS4 be move compatible or have they dropped it?) Hope for the best but plan for the worst and all that.

Honestly, I think we'll see Smash, Zelda, Bayonetta, X, Wii Sports Club and very little else. I really want 90's Arcade Racer to be confirmed.

90s arcade racer is confirmed for Wii u!

Even an hour is going to feel short in comparison to what MS and Sony had to show...

There's no getting around it. Even assuming the most positive scenario, it's going to feel short and underwhelming...

Nintendo could start the Digital Event with a 30 second sizzle reel showing the smallest of snippets for Starfox, Metroid, 1080, Wave Race, F-Zero, Mario Strikers and Zelda and just end it there. Job done : peace:

There's no getting around it. Even assuming the most positive scenario, it's going to feel short and underwhelming... Which is understandable when you think about it... after all, it's pretty much just Nintendo alone on Wii U and then a few select Japanese games on 3DS and some indies added on for good measure. Of course it's going to be short in comparison to the might of every other major developer out there combined...

Just putting this here:

E3 2003: 51 minutes

E3 2004: 48 minutes (Yes, the one with the megatons of the DS, Metroid Prime Hunters and Twilight Princess was less than an hour long)

E3 2005: 58 minutes

E3 2006: 1 hour 4 minutes

E3 2007: 1 hour 15 minutes

E3 2008: 1 hour 4 minutes

E3 2009: 1 hour 9 minutes

E3 2010: 1 hour 17 minutes

E3 2011: 1 hour 10 minutes

E3 2012: 1 hour 10 minutes

E3 2013 Direct: 42 minutes

Don't talk about Sonic Boom... don't talk about Sonic Boom...

They have plenty of other broadcasts to talk about the games in depth so this should be similar to last year where it's just trailer after trailer with hardly any chat in between.

Just putting this here:

E3 2003: 51 minutes

E3 2004: 48 minutes (Yes, the one with the megatons of the DS, Metroid Prime Hunters and Twilight Princess was less than an hour long)

E3 2005: 58 minutes

E3 2006: 1 hour 4 minutes

E3 2007: 1 hour 15 minutes

E3 2008: 1 hour 4 minutes

E3 2009: 1 hour 9 minutes

E3 2010: 1 hour 17 minutes

E3 2011: 1 hour 10 minutes

E3 2012: 1 hour 10 minutes

E3 2013 Direct: 42 minutes

I never said that it would be super short and feature nothing (the fact that they're having 3 separate 8 hour long streams going over these games in greater detail over the next 3 days alone is enough to tell you that!), but rather that compared to the 2-2.5 hour long conferences that MS and Sony just had, the Nintendo Digital Event is going to feel very short in comparison and (in that respect) underwhelming...

I think it's fair to say that. Even if it were an hour long, it would still feel short compared to the marathon long events that their rivals just had...