NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 31: Is it true what they are saying?

Great work Zell- excited!! I'm assuming we're putting a ban on transfers so it's proper WC style?

My midfield is laughably bad. Only one 6 skill and he's the best of the lot. Got a 22-3 i there....

Yes please, no transfers whatsoever.

@Zell it'll cost me £7 to join the league as I'd have to pay to have an extra team... so I'll join near the end if you look to be getting the numbers you need :p

Surely you can get round that by creating another account? Two different accounts on the same IP shouldn't be a problem I think.

Yes please, no transfers whatsoever.

Surely you can get round that by creating another account? Two different accounts on the same IP shouldn't be a problem I think.

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.

Mcoy was setting tactics and having a ton of errors coming up. He has now discovered he played against some reserve team a moment ago? x3

Mcoy is very confused how he has already played a game!

You do get a game against the system when you start a new team but it probably shouldn't have been this soon! What errors were you getting? Best thing would be to report it in the xpert forum

Just so everyone is aware, there won't be a friendly cup at the end of this season so anyone looking for extra games might want to join Zell's World Cup league.

The new season of our league will start when we've got 30 teams. We're already at 28!

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Mcoy was setting tactics and having a ton of errors coming up. He has now discovered he played against some reserve team a moment ago? x3

Mcoy is very confused how he has already played a game!

Mcoy are you able to set up a 2nd side? Check out thread in Gen Chit Chat.

Mcoy are you able to set up a 2nd side? Check out thread in Gen Chit Chat.

Mcoy's team quota is full so he cannot join it. Mcoy is sorry.

The new season of our league will start when we've got 30 teams. We're already at 28!

So season after season of hovering around the relegation zone, Silverdale was finally set to go down, only to be saved by league changes :p

Middle League Report: Week 8

Top Scorers: Ciobotaru is still top but there are plenty of players behind him who are ready to take his place!

Hadens Legends: Ciobotaru 9

Aqu1ia: Isler 8

Rossers Rovers: Fedosov 7

Coloccini: Madeley 7

Top Assists: Nothing much has changed except Vanqueur adds himself to this list with 4 assists meaning it will be a tense last week in the Assist league.

Hadens Legends: Conden 6

Coloccini FC: Haslop 5

Hadens Legensd: Burlett 4

Coloccini FC: Mallo 4

Coloccini FC: Vanqueur 4

Top X11s: Daish officially will win the X11 appearance trophy no matter what happens now with two games left, MacSwain and Conden battle it out for 2nd.

Aqui1a: Daish: 13

Kippen FC: MacSwain 10

Hadens Legends: Conden 9

Down

England-v-Italy--UEFA-EURO-2012-Quarter-Final.jpg

The biggest news story this week was of course the 5-0 demolition of Coloccini FC by Hadens Legends, Legends who knew they had to beat the undefeated Coloccini FC set up with a 4-4-2 against a 3-5-2 from Coloccini. After a nervy opening few minutes Zabel hit in a direct free kick and then Cahill headed in a 2nd. Legends fans greeted the 2nd half with a quiet optimism which turned to joy when Conden hit in a screamer of a shot in the 66th minute. Conden scored again and then Ciobotaru made it 5 in injury time to cause the fans to become almost delirious. This was an incredible performance by the Legends who exploited their opponents and were utterly ruthless in front of goal. Coloccini may have wished they had shut up shop and gone for the draw the league will now be in Legends hand with Coloccini hoping they get less than 4 points from their two remaining games with the goal difference now looking like an unreachable goal for Coloccini.

But not out

France-v-England--Group-D-UEFA-EURO-2012.jpg

However Coloccini are not out yet, in fact they are still very much in the title race only 2 points behind and ready to pounce on any mistake by Legends. They picked themselves up and faced Kippen FC away, they switched to a much more organised 4-5-1 formation and bossed the game with 7 chances to 0 and 59% possession. This was the Coloccini fans were used to seeing and when Madelely scored before half time it was no surprise to anyone. A Haslop freekick finished the game off when it went in off the bar and Coloccini never looked like losing after that. They have transformed from a side with potential to a title winning side this season. If they win or not is irrelevant at this stage the change has already happened. Kippen fans will understand their managers concentration on youth but will be disappointed that they could not make it 3 wins in a row to really push for 3rd place, a position that now looks like one they may not make.

Rovers take 3rd

18353826.jpg

Kippens misfortune became Rovers joy as they officially took 3rd place with a game in hand, their first game was a master-class in away tactics as they set up against Familia with a 4-5-1 system that gave them both more possession and chances. Fedosov was on fine form scored from a header and shot in the first half to put the game in Rovers control. The Familia got back into the game when Chase scored but a second half shot by the substitute Amieva sealed the game. Rovers kept with their 4-5-1 formation against Leeds and again it worked brilliantly. This time they had 62% possession and 10 chances, Fedosov again scored twice this time from two headers, Yushchenko and Josema finished the Rovers scoring as they were up to 4-0 by 46 minutes. Howson got a goal back for Leeds but it was all over by then as Rovers made it 7 goals in two games and put themselves on the brink of promotion. A win will see them go up but unfortunately they are facing Coloccini and Hadens Legends in their last two games, precisely the two sides they would have wanted to avoid. If they can claim a scalp and promotion this week it really will have been a brilliant season for Rossers Rovers.

Revolution 1-1 Atletico Aqui1a

Arsenal_vs_Everton_prematch_handshake_2010.jpg

Two sides who would have been expected to have been right up their fighting for promotion saw their challenge finish in the case of Revolution and take a severe blow in the case of Aqui1a. Both sides approached this game with balanced teams setting up with a 4-4-2 formation. However it was Aqui1a who had the edge with more possession and 5 chances to only 1 for Revolution. After a boring first half both teams brought on several substitutions and it was Prado the 30 year old midfielder for Aqui1a who rifled in his first ever goal for the club after coming off the bench. However not to be outdone Ivanovich who was also a substitute came hit in a shot after losing his marker to level the game at 1-1. Aqui1a will rue their missed chances as they are now looking very unlikely to go up needing to win their last two and for Kippen and Rovers not to win any of their games. Revolution have finished their season by staying up comfortably but will want to improve next season as the teams playing in the Middle League may provide a sterner challenge.

Team of the Week

Coloccini FC, Coloccini FC, Hadens Legends, Kippen FC, Hadens Legends, Rossers Rovers, Rossers Rovers, Rossers Rovers

The Legends hit a hammer blow against Coloccini this week who also came back in style against Kippen but yet again the award is going to Rossers Rovers, they are a team that is living a fairy tale and are one heroic win away from a remarkable promotion.

Edited by Haden

Wow watched the game live oh dear when Kippen scored I thought I was in big trouble to be honest.

Huge congrats to Rovers (despite not doing me any favours :P) great promotion for them.

Going to be really tense on Friday there is no way Coloccini will slip up at home to Fedex so I have to make sure I don't lose.

Congrats to MadDog as well!

What odds are we taking for Inter to get another title? It would be the shock of the ages if Peeps stops them surely?

Bah. Lost against Madpool, but I've wrapped up 2nd place anyway.

In other news, I've decided to belatedly write up the lower league reports and award myself Team of the Week, every week.

Good-o.

Alliances

Intergalactico Stars, Kippen FC, Madpool: 23

Eights United, The Familia FC, bob: 20

Lylat Wanderers, Rossers Rovers, AFC Dedede: 17

AC Elites, Hadens Legends, Recall United: 15

Silverdale Salmon, Russian Revolution, Spurs: 14

Winston Garden Lions, Fedex United, Lords of Hydra: 13

DuDs Baggies, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL: 12

Yellow Submarine, Leeds M.O.T, Gibbs Probies: 11

The Roger Federer Crew, Coloccini FC, The Sixty-Fourthers: 10

Not much in it between most teams!

Bah. Lost against Madpool, but I've wrapped up 2nd place anyway.

In other news, I've decided to belatedly write up the lower league reports and award myself Team of the Week, every week.

Good-o.

I've invited you to a friendly on Friday as we're both finished for the season. We'll be in the same league next season so I hope you're not too scared.

Why would I be scared? I came 2nd this season. A silver medal.

Where did you come? Basically last. Yeah. I don't know. Your league sucks, I don't follow it.

World Cup Update - Please Read

A big thank you to everyone who has signed up so far. Currently we have 11 teams:

Brazil - Zell

Netherlands - @dan\-likes\-trees

England - @Dr\. bob

As it is unlikely we will fill all 32 spots, I am going to make this a tournament of 16, like the Euros.

Therefore, there are only 5 spots left to be filled.

Regulars that have not signed up so far include:

@Charlie, @Ellmeister, @Nikos9, @Tales, @DuD, @Rowan, @RogerFederer, @Esequiel, @dazzybee, @Lucas3693, @MadDog, @Agent Gibbs as well as others not registered on N-E.

If there are no major objections, once 16 teams have registered I will block any further applications and start the league.

Other important points:

1. My aim is to start the league in a week's time on Tuesday 1st July. I recommend that you start form training your squad tomorrow in time for the first match.

2. Transfers are forbidden. Please use the squad of players you have been given. Money should only be spent on training players and win bonuses. Players from the Youth Academy are acceptable.

3. For any new players, I highly recommend reading up all the rules/FAQs and generally familiarising yourself with how the game works. There are a fair few guides on the web, but as a starter for 10 I would recommend reading The Peeps' excellent Beginner's Guide and Video. You can also find more information on the Xpert website itself by going to the Rules page in the Help tab. And finally if you are unsure of anything or have any questions, please ask away! The worst thing is keeping quiet and consequently not enjoying the experience.

Thanks for reading!

I won't be participating, decided that it doesn't really fit the purpose of the game as it's meant to be a long term thing rather than just one season!

What odds are we taking for Inter to get another title? It would be the shock of the ages if Peeps stops them surely?

Peeps will come through for me :hug:

Hope you enjoyed that boys. Decided to take it seriously :p

Sorry can't join world cup as no extra quota and don't have VIP anymore :(

World Cup Update - Please Read

Thanks for reading!

Pretty sure The Fed will be involved once he gets the chance - he's understandably got a pretty busy fortnight on at the moment though!

Hope you enjoyed that boys. Decided to take it seriously :p

Sorry can't join world cup as no extra quota and don't have VIP anymore :(

Ha, cute, think he matters :p

Ha, cute, think he matters :p

Sorry, explain how me drawing with you hasn't likely stopped you from winning the league? I'd say my performance did matter.

Reminds me of a season long ago where I did something similar to you didn't I?

I would be surprised if I got better than a draw :p I'll give it my best shot though!

Sorry, explain how me drawing with you hasn't likely stopped you from winning the league? I'd say my performance did matter.

Reminds me of a season long ago where I did something similar to you didn't I?

Because winning would't have changed a thing if Inter wins against Peeps and RFC anway, as I lead with two points not three.(I don't have a match next round) Ultimately it comes down to the losses to Submarine and Inter, particulary those at home. Didn't take it too seriously in winning today anyway, a moderate win bonus was placed just in case but team was based solely on dv needs.

I don't understand though, did you decide to "take it seriously" just so you could hope to stop me from winning? :p Although, aside from the keeper choice, fair choice at home, I can't see how you were less serious than before. You set tactics and put win bonus before too, and calling that one match "playing youth" is a bit of a stretch :p

Edited by Tales