NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 31: Is it true what they are saying?

Bought a 17-4 for a million. Turned out he was injury prone. Haven't been able to sell him all season and now the market is now closed :(

Middle League Report: Week 7

Rossers Rovers 4-1 Russian Revolution

Chelsea-v-Arsenal-Premier-League.jpg

One of the big results this week was Rovers beating Revolution 4-1 in a result which has major consequences on the race for 3rd place. Rovers set up with a 4-5-1 formation against Revolution who went for a 4-4-2 set up, it was evident early on that Rovers extra man in midfield would help them out as Tomasencu scored one and set another up to put Rovers 2-0 ahead after 17 minutes. A Fedosov header before half time seemed to kill the game off as Rovers held an amazing 68% possession. Sunnerborn struck back for Revolution just after half time but Rovers still looked dominant and a second header from a brilliant Fedosov killed the game off with 11 minutes to go. In the end Rovers had 10 chances to 2 and were deserved winners. This puts them in a prime position to challenge for 3rd place while Revolution are now almost certainly spending another season in the Middle League. In many ways both these teams seemed dark horses but if Rovers finish above Revolution as it seems they will now do it will be a major achievement for this club.

Aqui1a start scoring

city_20140322c.jpg?itok=cI9iW2v2

Aqui1a tried out some new formations last week that netted them 5 goals in total and 4 points. In their first game against Rovers it seemed like a case of the usual problems as despite pushing Daish up to midfield under a 3-5-2 set up they struggled to convert chances although they did get the breakthrough near the end of time with Dmochowski heading it in before Wohldarth pulled one back to make it 1-1. However against Fedex the manager tinkered again and played 3-4-3 pushing Daish up even further to rampage forward at the front of the team. This worked like a charm as they scored 4 in the first half, Isler scored twice with Dmochowski and Dujanic also registering. They have a game off today but as they are facing lower league sides could this late burst of offensive ability give them the 3rd place their fans want?

The showdown is now set

56ea6613ef73b5b04babd78381c747a2_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

For the neutral things could not have gone better, Legends vs Coloccini today is now almost a title decider. At the start of last week Coloccini and Legends both registered victories with Coloccini thumping Leeds 4-0 while Legends eased past The Familia 3-1. Coloccini had a game off on Friday while Legends faced Leeds and were held to a frustrating 1-1 draw that saw midfielder Dorien Walters sent off to the fury of his manager who has publicly stated he wishes to sell the playmaker. What this means now is that Legends are 2 points ahead but Coloccini have a game in hand, this means that if Coloccini were to win they would be a point ahead and have a game in hand meaning they would be almost certain winners, a draw would still favour Coloccini but Legends fans would bank on an away game to Kippen FC to be a potential banana skin, a Legends win would be a big blow for Coloccini but they would still be in with an outside chance with Legends facing a tricky last two games. Few would have predicted the title race would involve these two teams duking it out in such a close contest, two managers who have huge respect for each other but a larger desire to win the Middle League. Game on!

Kippen keep the points flowing.

FC-Barcelona-v-Celtic-FC--UEFA-Champions-League.jpg

For Kippen they kept the points flowing with 4 points picked up as they seek to pick up 3rd place and that last promotion spot. They will be very disappointed however with their game against Revolution, playing away Kippen went for a 3-5-2 formation were they had less possession and chances than Revolution but crucially scored 2 goals from McMoist and Ja to give them a 2-0 lead with just over 10 minutes to go. However Revolution pushed forward and a header from Guselnikov made it 2-1 before a Kippen defender gave away a silly penalty in a game that saw 4 yellow cards given to Kippen players. Encarnacao made no mistakes and hit it in to hold Kippen to a 2-2 draw. However Kippen eased the pain by squeezing past The Familia with a dull but comfortable 1-0 win after Lazzarini linked up with McMoist from a corner for the only goal of the game. McMoist had a chance to score another but skied a penalty into the crowd on the 64th minute. At this stage you may rate Kippen as favourites to grab 3rd place but with games against the two title contenders to come anything could happen!

Team of the Week

Coloccini FC, Coloccini FC, Hadens Legends, Kippen FC, Hadens Legends, Rossers Rovers, Rossers Rovers

Crystal-Palace-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League.jpg

With a draw away to Aqui1a and a 4-1 thrashing of Revolution it is again Rovers week as they secure Middle League status in style and are looking in good form to finish 3rd.

Top Scorers: Ciobotaru and Isler add to their tallies as they both approach 10 goals for the season, while Madeley is in 3rd by himself with 6.

Hadens Legends: Ciobotaru 9

Atletico Aqui1a: Isler 8

Coloccini FC: Madely 6

Top Assists: Coloccini players Haslop and Mallo break up the Legends party as things get really tight in the assists table.

Hadens Legends: Conden 6

Coloccini FC: Haslop 5

Hadens Legensd: Burlett 4

Coloccini FC: Mallo 4

Top X11s: Daish refuses to let the pace slip while MacSwain, Conden and Burlett stay within a few appearances of the constant leader of the pack.

Aqui1a: Daish: 12

Kippen FC: MacSwain 10

Hadens Legends: Conden 8

Hadens Legends: Burlett 8

jose1_2811564b.jpg

Outstanding result today best game my team has ever played!

THRILLING week for upper league!! As if I didn't get anything over two legs at Eights, what an overrated team...

@Zell any thoughts on The World Cup? I'd be up for helping to run it if enough people were interested.

Like this post if you'd be interested in a one off World Cup Tournament with fresh teams in the break - totally different teams.

Curses! I'm like the Arsenal of the lower league. I'm an attractive team (both in football and facially) but I always struggle against the top teams.

I reckon I'll lose against Madpool and Dedede will win their game in hand to leapfrog me...

Came back from holiday today, could not believe that I beat Eights again! @Tales, you must hate me. I feel like Mourinho denying you titles.

Still, I kind of feel bad beating Eights only for Inter to sneak it. Wanted Winston to win the title, but if I have to choose between Eights and Inter, I would have to support Eights. Inter are my bogey team.

Another draw today. 7 in total this season. I can create chances but with my weak forwards converting them has proved difficult this season. I do think I've been slightly unlucky in not winning some of my games this season. All of those draws could just have easily have been wins - I would have been well in the running then.

THRILLING week for upper league!! As if I didn't get anything over two legs at Eights, what an overrated team...

@Zell any thoughts on The World Cup? I'd be up for helping to run it if enough people were interested.

Like this post if you'd be interested in a one off World Cup Tournament with fresh teams in the break - totally different teams.

Yes, I'm still well up for it! I will look into it this week. I will definitely need some help logistically so any support would be very much appreciated.

Came back from holiday today, could not believe that I beat Eights again! @Tales, you must hate me. I feel like Mourinho denying you titles.

Still, I kind of feel bad beating Eights only for Inter to sneak it. Wanted Winston to win the title, but if I have to choose between Eights and Inter, I would have to support Eights. Inter are my bogey team.

Have to admit, you're not my favourite manager at the moment ;)

Relying on Dud and Peeps' survival instinct to kick in to beat Inter now. Not particulary happy about how Ellmeister is my last match of the season. Again. Never a good sign.

As for the world cup, I have no interest at all, but could join if you need the people. I don't want to ruin it for everyone else.

:o@Zell, my former nWo protégé and partner in crime...you disappoint me! :nono:

Curses! I'm like the Arsenal of the lower league. I'm an attractive team (both in football and facially) but I always struggle against the top teams.

I reckon I'll lose against Madpool and Dedede will win their game in hand to leapfrog me...

I've got the easier run in but now the promotion spots are safe we can put our feet up :D

I need to field a lot of youth to get DV up. I've been struggling rotating a big squad this season and like an idiot i've only just started pre-selecting my subs :(

I think an end of season cull is on the cards...

That's true, I've already got high Dvs across the board, so I can afford strong teams to end with, but what's 2nd place worth compared to third anyway? Might be better to train even further for the middle league.

First place gets 1m econ, second gets 500,000 and third gets 250,000 I think. So you could spend extra on win bonuses maybe and get a bigger prize at the end or save your cash which will probably end up being more than the 250k difference between 2nd and 3rd :p

Yeah exactly, might as well save the money and just train the youths a bit more.

Oh god this will now go down to the last game I am sure was hoping to end it on Tuesday.

Top league looks spicy rfc and peeps are all that stands in inters way, well done to Winston though try and win final game what a performance from your side this season.

I think if this World Cup thing is going to happen it will need some major effort this weekend, gen chit chat thread, pms and a admin post on xpert otherwise it will be to late I think.

I'm at a stag do all weekend so can't help I'm afraid...

Happy to help with promoting the World Cup in whatever way I can - though I'm not really active on here any more aside from xpert! Not encouraged by the paltry amount of likes my post got on the other page..

Final five talking points!

Nikos sets up thrilling end of season as we inter the final straight

hqdefault.jpg

A fortnight ago it appeared that Eights had the championship tied up, after a solid away win against Winston. Since then Eights have been chasing their tails, struggling to cohere or build chances, and struggling with a lack of depth. On monday, backup keeper Cantos had to be called upon, subsequently letting in the only shot, before a makeshift defence had to be cobbled together using veteran poacher Capwell. This was a cruel result to take for Eights, against a pragmatic Inter team, setup to counterattack - the manager sounded livid that he didn’t leave with a point. This writer has to give credit to Nikos - perhaps more so than any manager in the league he is one to mix up his tactics completely - setting up against Inter is always a headache - they are never predictable and can pinpoint a weakness in a team with pinpoint accuracy.

It looks to be advantage Nikos after cooly dispatching with DuDs in a repeat of last season’s semi final. Neither Peeps nor Federer seem likely to cause an upset - though the season opened with a Lylat-Galactico draw, so it isn’t over yet. It will no doubt be an agonising Friday for Eights, who will have played his final game and will be praying for a result for Peeps. In this writer’s experience, they are Really no team to rely on to topple the big boys.

Lylat wonder what the future has in store as upper league residency looks to come to an end

fox_mccloud__s_true_nature_by_marlon94-d517v0s.jpg

This game was a must win fixture for Peeps if they were to continue their residency in the upper league - yet winston proved too tough to tame here, despite fielding a young squad. A poor run has come at just the wrong time for Peeps, failing to register a win in four matches. Pilgrim has endured a rough campaign, the team’s standout player having only four G&A’s to his name. It is not simplistic to suggest that beating Peeps this season has been as easy as tightly marking Pilgrim. The manager has, in the past, been critical of the middle league, but this pundit suggests it will be just what the team needs - by their return, Nutt, Tennant and Brammer will be in their prime in the center of the pitch, taking some of the pressure off Pilgrim and proving more of a difficult proposition for defences.

They lie a point ahead of Silverdale - the home win earlier this season could yet prove decisive - but it seems hard to picture a win against Zell or Nikos next week. The former represents the best shot at safety, particularly if the Sub departs with youths on board.

But what can Silverdale Summon in the final fixtures?

blackstone-point-near-arnside.jpg

It may be advantage Silverdale in terms of the final fixtures, but they lie a point behind Peeps and need a win this week. This is a strong team that have been hugely unfortunate this season, with multiple losses of one goal margins recently. Fans were right to think that the goal came too early against Eights on Friday, yet it was an encouraging performance - centerback Guierrez held back the ferocious Eights attacking line well. It is hard to pinpoint why they have failed this season - the defence is a little lightweight but the squad is well crafted - there is strength and depth, with a good smattering of youth, and there is a wealth of experience through the squad. Fans will be asking yet more questions of a manager who has failed to pick up a trophy in nine seasons despite a top squad - and pundits will be questioning whether Silverdale deserve to be ranked in the ‘Elite Four’, particularly after such a strong showing from Winston this year.

Before then they face DuDs in what could still be a relegation clash for both teams, before playing Federer in a must-win final fixture. The latter may already be on the beach and you would favour them in this run in.

Winston announce themselves as top three finish secured from breakthrough season.

GL278936.jpg

Some suspected that after crashing out of the title race against Eights Winston might implode, particularly amid rumors of a failed squad clearout. Yet Winston have returned to their groove, youngsters Manel, Smash Williams, and Benmouih seemlessly making the transition to the starting eleven. The manager will rue what could have been with more clinical finishing against Eights, but for the fans, it has been four seasons since Winston were in the upper league - then they finished 9th - this is undoubtably been a success. Future seasons will not, however, present such a clear oppurtunity to finish first or even top three, and with top players looking at options in the MLS and China, improvement upon this season will be a big ask.

We've been poor all season and this isn't the first time it has happened. We honestly don't deserve to stay up but who knows what will happen in the final 2 games. It could go down to goal difference..

World Cup Update

So I've just gone and created a league for the World Cup. I can't really do much in terms of setting up the groups/format until more teams join the league.

League ID is 345976. Invite link here. When picking a team name, choose from any of the countries in the World Cup. I've already picked Brazil since I'm the host, but I imagine that we will do a live draw to see who gets what team.

To reiterate, all you need to do for now is:

1. Join league

2. Choose team name

3. Wait for further new/actions

Hoping to get 16 teams so we can do 4 groups of 4. If we can't get that then I suggest we revert to a normal cup.

World Cup Update

So I've just gone and created a league for the World Cup. I can't really do much in terms of setting up the groups/format until more teams join the league.

League ID is 345976. Invite link here. When picking a team name, choose from any of the countries in the World Cup. I've already picked Brazil since I'm the host, but I imagine that we will do a live draw to see who gets what team.

To reiterate, all you need to do for now is:

1. Join league

2. Choose team name

3. Wait for further new/actions

Hoping to get 16 teams so we can do 4 groups of 4. If we can't get that then I suggest we revert to a normal cup.

I am in as England.

My god is my team awful, I guess that is realistic!

I would strongly recommend making a thread in Gen chit chat and a post in World cup thread.

I will post this in our league now.

Joined as Nigeria on my bro's account as i have used my full quota on my own! He had spare slots so nicked one!

Great work Zell- excited!! I'm assuming we're putting a ban on transfers so it's proper WC style?

My midfield is laughably bad. Only one 6 skill and he's the best of the lot. Got a 22-3 i there....

@Zell it'll cost me £7 to join the league as I'd have to pay to have an extra team... so I'll join near the end if you look to be getting the numbers you need :p

Mcoy will be making his return to the league (awaiting approval). In his absence Mcoy suffered a severe concussion and has forgotten how to play this game anymore. Therefore Mcoy would appreciate any tips on how to generate some money and get a team running again.

Mcoy will try his best to help out his old friend and enemy Haden to defeat the bullies that now reign in the football league. Mcoy knows it's going to be a hard and long fight but he wants to take back the N-Euro championship as well as the N-Europe tag team title with his old friend.

Edited by Brian Mcoy