NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 31: Is it true what they are saying?

Got my tactics spot on.

Absolute thrashing.

Congratulations on the win. Fully deserved. Im struggling to keep going as im slowly losing interest in the game completely

Congratulations on the win. Fully deserved. Im struggling to keep going as im slowly losing interest in the game completely

Don't give up man you have a good team just need to balance it for each game.

Top of the league :)

Until Tuesday.

Damn, that's not good. Not good at all. And now YS away. Fortunatly he is as awful as I am the moment.

Another loss but need to play the newbies.

Awful day for our alliance we all lost I think.

What shall we call it, Mourinhos Sneer has a ring to it I feel.

Damn, that's not good. Not good at all. And now YS away. Fortunatly he is as awful as I am the moment.

Dude, you're really letting the alliance down...

Middle League Reports Week 2

The perfect week

carlo+ancelotti.jpg

For Coloccini it was basically a perfect week as they kept up their 100% record with two home victories against potential title rivals. First they started with a 3-1 victory against Kippen as they played 3-5-2 against a 4-5-1 formation from Kieppen, the home side struck early with a header from Mallo but MacEllar struck a lovely curling shot to tie things up. The turning point in the 2nd half was when McIndoe a Kippen defender was sent off for a late challenge leading to relentless Coloccini pressure.Eventually Madely scored with 5 minutes to go and again with a minute left to make it 3-1. This was a tough game and Coloccini had another hard game facing the Legends at home, it was a cagey first half with an injury to Burlett the only real highlight. Costa toe poked in the only goal of the match after the 2nd half but when Coloccini defender Di Rockenrole was sent off for elbowing a Legends player the home side prepared for a siege. Legends came at them but could not find the breakthrough they needed. Thus Coloccini are now 5 points ahead with the best Goal Difference in the league and have a game off to train. What has been different this season is a sense of aggression in the team, they play an often bruising game and are no longer a soft side who play youths. This approach is working for them at the moment and with 4 games gone they are in a brilliant position already to go on and win the league.

Athletico Aqui1a 2-2 Russian Revolution

goal.jpg

In a game that summed up the frustration of one team and elation of another Revolution held Aqui1a to a dramatic 2-2 draw. Aqui1a played 3-5-2 while Revolution went for a defensive 4-5-1, the youth Isler continued his brilliant season with a blistering free kick for the home side that gave them the lead. The first half was quiet with only 1 chance a piece including the goal. After the break the home side struck straight away with Isler losing his marker and slotting it past a helpless Putin. Revolution came straight back showing good spirit when Patrin curled in a beautiful long range goal that went in off the post. Soon after the captain Alderton sent in a fantastic cross from a free kick that Kalashnikov smashed home to make it 2-2 and send the away fans crazy. Unfortunately for Revolution Nihai was badly injured but they held on to get a brilliant away draw, for Aqui1a this was two points lost and a big disappointment despite Isler shining yet again.

Relegation blow

cj7_5b8Zk_l.jpg

There was a huge game on the 6th played between Fedex and the Familia both of who didn't have a win going into this game. The result was a shocking 5-1 to Fedex as the Familia fell apart in the a crucial game. Both teams played 4-4-2 and the result was a intense game but as soon as The Familia lost the presence of veteran defender Gibbs their game fell apart. They were 1-0 down at that point but a goal for Rooke before half time exposed their weakness. Auffret hit back but then in 3 minutes Platt scored twice for his hat trick and finished the game off. A penalty in the 66th minute completed the rout. The big difference between the two sides was Fedex seemed assured at the back while the Familia looked uncharacteristically weak. The Familia also seem to only have Auffret as a credible goal threat who cuts a frustrated figure up front with only one goal this campaign. Both teams look like they may be too weak to survive this league but Fedex landed a huge morale boost with their first win against a desperate looking Familia side who need a change form quickly.

Changing fortunes

81191400.jpg

After picking up 3 points in their first two game Leeds look set for another good campaign while Rossers Rovers lost their first two games heavily and looked to be in deep trouble. On Tuesday the two sides met at Elland Road with Leeds hoping to exploit Rovers with a 3-5-2 formation while Rovers set up with a 4-5-1. What followed was Rovers frustrating Leeds for the entire match to only 1 chance while making 8 for themselves. Rovers when ahead from a Przhevalsky volley while Howson headed in a rare chance to bring it back to 1-1. To the home crowds frustration their team could then not make any more chances while Rovers were a constant threat coming forward. With 10 minutes to go the young forward J-M Josema headed in his 2nd goal of the season for a vitally important goal giving Rovers the 3 points. Leeds fans booed their team at the end of this display while Rovers fans gave a standing ovation. Later in the week Leeds only made a poor 2 chances to 10 and were thrashed 5-1 against Kippen while Rovers earned another point in a dull 0-0 draw with The Familia. Fortunes turn quickly in xpert, Leeds now look like a club lacking confidence while Rovers are starting to gather momentum that could ensure their survival.

Team of the week

mexico-celebrate-against-new-zealand_vtfajjn7lxy71d0udzbt674k2.jpg?t=2011506010w=500

No competition this week as Coloccini earn the 2nd team of the week award in a row with brilliant wins against Kippen and a hard fought victory against Hadens Legends. Their new determined approach is paying dividends and they find themselves clear at the top looking to be title favourites at this early stage.

Team of the Week

Coloccini FC, Coloccini FC

The following tables will include more 2nd and 3rd spots when the field thins a bit.

Top Scorers

Fedex United: Platt 4

Atletico Aqui1a: Isler 4

Coloccini FC: Madeley 3

Top Assists:

Russian Revolution: Alderton 3

Top X11s:

Coloccini FC: Haslop 3

Leeds: Pispek 3

That feeling when you realise you don't have a game on the next matchday :(

That feeling when you realise you don't have a game on the next matchday :(

Went to watch my game with Peeps on w.2 - realsied there had been no game and it wasnt till tuesday. Ruined my day.

Better stick up these reports before Ell and Zell go and smash it tomorrow and prove me totally wrong.

DISCLAIMER: Couldn't keep up with Roger's writerly brilliance - certainly week by week, so I'll be playing the straight man in the double act.

Big balls needed to challenge in this league - but the contenders are still unclear

Jose-Mourinho-puffs-Inter-Milan-v-Cagliari-20_1760905.jpg

Four matches in to the season and a six or seven teams still fancy their chances at the title. Both Zell and Silverdale have had poor starts but recent press releases show they still consider themsevles to be in the running for silverware, alonside most of the league. The early fixtures suggest that the two clubs with the strongest squads on paper will be the ones duking it out, but points are being dropped all over the place, and with the unfortunate exception of Roger, the top three could feature any one of these teams.

An early recurring issue this season has been balancing caution with competitive play. Week one’s 1-1s set the agenda, and whilst matches have picked up since, cagey contests remain to be fought. DuDs and Zell this friday both set out with five at the back, in a match that only saw 5 chances. To place top of a league this competitive there can be no space for error, no space for one point draws, aside perhaps for games against the giants. Inter and Elites have led the way with fast paced, relentlessly attacking football, and look at this time to be the two main title challengers.

Title blow for Eights as Kirk hits inter the counter

James_Kirk

There is no doubt that this was the pick of the week’s fixtures. For the start of this season it appeared that Eights juggernaught might be insurmountable. Inter, meanwhile, will be rueing the two points dropped on the season’s opening fixture away at Peeps, as they sit precariously on top of the table. Eights won the midfield battle here, yet the front two proved ineffectual against a solid Inter back four. Shinobi had a fantastic match, cute diagonal runs latching on to pacey through balls, that was rumored to have caused Hogson to pull an all nighter in the office to reshuffle his squad and free up a seat on the plane. Tales will have wondered what he had done wrong - his team had the bulk of the chances, but team ratings, particularly in defence, were not of the Eights standard. The title race is just heating up.

Yellow Sub spread too thin?

YellowSubmarineCake22-1024x731.jpg

The manager has himself admitted that Yellow Sub have started their season ‘off the pace’ - this pundit is pointing to a lack of pre-season friendlies as a explanation for this poor form. Fans on twitter are divided - some have called for the manager to take this season to develop - the squad is thin, and club legends Delipiano, Viana and McEnroe havent got many years left in them. The latter’s injury will be a big blow to the a manager who is used to contending for and winning titles. The season is still young, however, and Yellow Sub had a poor start to the cup last season before making it all the way to the final. The manager has pointed to tomorrow’s game against as ‘pivotal’ and he is right to do so - there will surely be no route to the title if the sub sinks here. Tomorrows match will be huge for ever team in the league.

What now for AC Elites?

After another poor showing, this time away to Silverdale, the team find themselves nine points off first place, albeit with a game in hand, and fans will have been left wondering what the aim will be for the season. The manager has gone public in his waning interest in the game - the dressing room seems to be suffering as a result. There is more than a shade of the Madpool of a couple of seasons ago to be seen here.

The squad is strong but some players are really showing age. Some pundits have suggested the team would benefit from a complete overhaul, focus on youth, and some time in the middle league, but for fans and manager alike this is sure to look like a frustratingly long process for a team that are currently not too far off the very top. Madpool are in the early phases of a complete regeneration of quality youth players - yet Ell has always favoured Elite league, and fans will expect mid-table at worst this season.

Strange dealings backfires for Peeps

In a league characterised by low spending, Peeps’ transfer dealings for the no.1 shirt have been curious. Out went 26-12 Caboose - in came 22 - 9 Davidson. Rumors hint and a dressing room bust-up between Peeps and Caboose after their exit to Winston last season. There is no doubt that the keeper will come good in future years, but in the meantime supporters will be scratching their heads and wondering if the extra bar on the skill curve will be worth the goals inevitably conceeded over the next couple of seasons - one would have suspected Caboose would have fared better than Davison against Winston, who shipped 3 goals at home on Tuesday. We can only assume that Peeps is bringing man between the sticks in line with the age of his ‘peak team’ for the future - perhaps it will prove wise. Any words @peeps ?

Federer should stick to the court - The Crew want Pulis

federer_angry_man_2.jpgTony-Pulis.jpg

Football is a cruel game at the best of times, and The Crew have felt the leagiue at its most painful this season, in which they have been the little fish in a pool of heavyweights. Federer is showing signs of stress not disimilar from those displayed by Holloway earlier this season - fans are calling for Pulis to come in and cement top flight status - others have claimed that his blossoming career as a sportswriter has been getting in the way of his day to day managerial commitments.

The team has performed admirably throughout, however, and whilst relegation already seems inevitable (no bad thing), this pundit is sure that the crew will pick up a handful of points against teams too complacent against a solid team and skilled manager. In Leavour, Waugh and Lajes, they have an exciting forward line that will be in its prime when this team returns to top flight.

Manager of the week

Inter - Comprehensive victory over DuDs in a rehash of last season’s semi final compounded by the massive away victory at Eights makes this an easy choice. Ferocious start.

Strange dealings backfires for Peeps

In a league characterised by low spending, Peeps’ transfer dealings for the no.1 shirt have been curious. Out went 26-12 Caboose - in came 22 - 9 Davidson. Rumors hint and a dressing room bust-up between Peeps and Caboose after their exit to Winston last season. There is no doubt that the keeper will come good in future years, but in the meantime supporters will be scratching their heads and wondering if the extra bar on the skill curve will be worth the goals inevitably conceeded over the next couple of seasons - one would have suspected Caboose would have fared better than Davison against Winston, who shipped 3 goals at home on Tuesday. We can only assume that Peeps is bringing man between the sticks in line with the age of his ‘peak team’ for the future - perhaps it will prove wise. Any words @peeps ?

Caboose was absolutely not going to raise this season and he was only just on the curve as a 26-12. Every season after he would be in diminishing returns so it was just the best time to sell him. I got a keen 7.5mil which brought my funds right back up after the 11m (I think it was that?) purchase of Davison.

Also I do not like having a goalkeeper with 0 special qualities and Davison has them coming out of his ears! He has training cone and leadership hidden away :) definitely the right choice imo

Sorry for lack of updates, I've been away for a few days. I'll be making all the posts on Wednesday probably - that's lower league reports, alliances and spotlight!

Caboose was absolutely not going to raise this season and he was only just on the curve as a 26-12. Every season after he would be in diminishing returns so it was just the best time to sell him. I got a keen 7.5mil which brought my funds right back up after the 11m (I think it was that?) purchase of Davison.

Also I do not like having a goalkeeper with 0 special qualities and Davison has them coming out of his ears! He has training cone and leadership hidden away :) definitely the right choice imo

Sorry for lack of updates, I've been away for a few days. I'll be making all the posts on Wednesday probably - that's lower league reports, alliances and spotlight!

A perfectly reasonable explanation, in that case. I've sold a few good men as I thought they wouldn't jump the next season. Love the training cone too.

Another query for all in the top league (and I suppose the series in general) - why does nobody ever buy players? More to the point, what does everyone spend their sponsership money on every week?

Responce from Roger to the writer

Pulis can fuck off

The crew is Roger's! Forever!

I've been wondering, do people set their own substations before games? I've always let the assistant cover it but I'm finding that it's not working out.

My last game at 2-2 my best player was subbed for a youth. The game before at 0-0 my best midfielders were taken off as well :(

Yeah I normally set up a couple of sub situations depending on whether I'm winning or not around the 60th minute, then bring on as many strikers as necessary.

I've been wondering, do people set their own substations before games? I've always let the assistant cover it but I'm finding that it's not working out.

My last game at 2-2 my best player was subbed for a youth. The game before at 0-0 my best midfielders were taken off as well :(

Do them yourself. As Bob, I like to bring on players around 60 minutes depending on how I'm doing.

Apparently it's better for youth players to play for 45 minutes twice than 90 minutes once (can't remember where I saw this). So if you have 2 similar youth players give them half a game for optimum dev.

GG today man just a tip though be really careful playing offensive against a home team it usually ends in disaster. I noticed you did this against Charlie and was going to mention it before our game but forgot...

In all seriousness stick around your season last time around was epic :D

I always do subs gives you an aspect of control over the game when it is in motion both from a youth point of view and to actually try and win the game.

Good win today but picked up another long term injury they are to two of my best players so need to shake them off quickly.

Top League took some epic twists and turns today, well done Winston and Elites!

Another query for all in the top league (and I suppose the series in general) - why does nobody ever buy players? More to the point, what does everyone spend their sponsership money on every week?

There's not much call for new players in the top division as each team has invested in their current stock of players and want to raise them until retirement. You don't survive in the elite league by purchasing new players every season. The best way to maintain a strong team is to have the same players for as long as possible and raise them each season. This way they'll have excellent team compatibility ratings, gold hearts and high skill. Sometimes a decent youth will come through and they can be trained up to replace someone who may be retiring.

My money mostly goes on form training, youth academy and win bonuses (although I don't expect to be paying out much this season!)

Alliances

Winston Garden Lions, Fedex United, Lords of Hydra: 19

Intergalactico Stars, Kippen FC, Madpool: 19

Eights United, The Familia FC, bob: 16

Lylat Wanderers, Rossers Rovers, AFC Dedede: 15

AC Elites, Hadens Legends, Recall United: 15

The Roger Federer Crew, Coloccini FC, The Sixty-Fourthers: 14

Silverdale Salmon, Russian Revolution, Spurs: 13

DuDs Baggies, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL: 12

Yellow Submarine, Leeds M.O.T, Gibbs Probies: 12

Spotlight

The last spotlight was on the game between Silverdale Salmon and Eights United. Players were to predict the outcome of the match and how many players with golden hearts will be playing in the match (starting line-ups only).

The actual result was 2-0 to Eights with 14 gold hearts. Aqui1a was closest with his guess of 3-0 and 11.

Standings:

Atlético Aqui1a: 1

This week the spotlight is on Friday's match in the middle league between Kippen FC and Russian Revolution! Please predict the outcome and the percentage of possession for each team.

Edited by The Peeps

Kippen 1-0 Russian Revolution 57%-43%

Glad to see our alliance is cruising along need to pick up some more wins on Friday can't let down the boss:

mourinho%252Bsneer.jpg

Ich predict 2-1 to Krippen and 55-45 in terms of possession.