NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 31: Is it true what they are saying?

Turns out my players were tougher than Charlies injury prone squad ;)

I still don't get why teams don't have back up goalies.

In 6 years of Xpert that's the first time ever my goalkeeper has been injured during a match!

Insane away win in a close game against Zell :D

I can do reports for any league that's not taken. I'm guessing Federer and Dan-Likes-Trees are doing the elite league so that'll leave me with the lower league?

Cool I will do weekly talking points for middle league, I might do a manager of the week prize as well for your end of season lottery.

Nice win btw! Great results for you, dud, milagi and bob today. Still rooting for Gibbs and daz to get their first competitive win :)

Edited by Haden

Always good with a home victory, though it was against the weakest team in the league. Have to do even better next round, away against Silverdale.

Alliances

Everyone has been randomly assigned to an alliance. You may name your alliance if you wish. Your team's position in the league corresponds to points. If you're in 9th place you have 1 point and if you're in 1st place you have 9 points. The combined total of the points of each team in your alliances gives you your score. At the end of the season, the alliance with the most points will go into the lottery for free VIP.

DuDs Baggies, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL: 19

Lylat Wanderers, Rossers Rovers, AFC Dedede: 18

Intergalactico Stars, Kippen FC, Madpool: 17

AC Elites, Hadens Legends, Recall United: 17

Eights United, The Familia FC, bob: 15

The Roger Federer Crew, Coloccini FC, The Sixty-Fourthers: 14

Winston Garden Lions, Fedex United, Lords of Hydra: 13

Silverdale Salmon, Russian Revolution, Spurs: 11

Yellow Submarine, Leeds M.O.T, Gibbs Probies: 11

Spotlight

The spotlight competition will highlight one game for players to guess the outcome and one of the match stats. The winner and runner up of the spotlight competition will be entered into the end of season lottery for free VIP.

This week the spotlight is on the Elite League and Tuesday's game between Silverdale Salmon and Eights United. Please predict the outcome of the match and how many players with golden hearts will be playing in the match (starting line-ups only).

Destroyed by DuD today, gave it our best though.

Spotlight predictions: 1-1. 14 gold hearts.

Why are some alliances coloured differently?

I reckon it'll be 2-1 to my new Alliance teammate, and 8 gold hearts.

Oh, on Tapatalk it only shows up as three colours...

na4apazu.jpg

Gonna go for a punt with the spotlight and say 2-1 to Silverdale with 13 legends in the starting line up.

Cmon Rowan you can take this guy out :D

Sheesh can't believe I am teamed with @Ellmeister ;)

I reckon when Inter, Kippen and Madpool get up and running that will be a great alliance. Eights, Familia and bob is quite good as well.

Thanks for setting up the random alliances Peeps they are good fun.

Hi everyone,

Roger Federer here!

Thumped. AGAIN. This is something I must become used to in these, the final years of my career as Professional Greatest Tennis Player of All Time. This is such a horribly good league.

My journalism will be out shortly! Hopefully the schedule will be every Sunday or Monday. It will be called 'Match Points with Roger Federer'.

But mostly I am just posting because the forums won't let me post pictures until I have posted 15 times so you may see me post some more filler nonsense tomorrow.

Looking forward to Madrid Masters Guys! See you on court!

Thanks,

Roger Federer

Middle League Reports Week 1

Coloccini FC pulling rank.

PROP140322-046-Cardiff_Liverpool-1024x832.jpg

Coloccini shot to the top of the Middle League in the opening week with two impressive away wins against a couple of the weaker sides in the league. While Fedex and Rovers might not be the hardest opponents, Rovers is very capable of a shock and being away means you can never guarantee anything. What impressed was the size of the victories, Coloccini set up with a 4-5-1 against Fedex and the youth Ha headed in two goals as no-one picked up his runs from midfield. Aaslicher scored via a breakaway in a game which the away side dominated chances made and possession. Against Rovers they again played 4-5-1 and this time they rotated strikers and Madeley was up front, he scored and created the first two goals, with the captain Stockley and Haslop giving the visitors two more to make it 4-1 in the end. Again Coloccini made 8 chances and really imposed their gameplan onto Rovers. This is exciting news for Coloccini fans who have often supported a club that had everything apart from the ability to dominate other teams. To do this away from home is a real feat. They are away again in their next game, this time against Hadens Legends which will be a very competitive game.

Mulholland leading the way

615.jpg?w=1200&h=

In the assists league in the Middle League only one player has more than one assist and that is Mulholland for Hadens Legends with two. Mulholland has become lost in the quantity and quality of Legends midfield but he is a natural leader, has great stamina, is tough and quick and a real asset to the side. Against Rovers this week he came on when it was 0-0 and immediately the other players heads lifted. He improved the rate of chances and set up the last goal for Ciobataru to finish the game off at 3-0. Against Kippen FC Legends took a late lead and again Mulholland set up this time Mallett in the final minutes to blast in a long range shot to make it 2-0. Mulholland is a dangerous player when an opposing side is flagging with both his pace and stamina he can have a real impact late in the game.

The Familia FC 0-2 Russian Revolution

Joe%20Hart%20of%20England%20saves%20at%20the%20feet%20of%20Filipe%20Luis.jpg?ITEM_ENT_ID=979015&COLLSPEC_ENT_ID=10&ITEM_VERSION=1

One of the shocks of the opening week was Russian Revolution beating the Familia in a competitive game on the opening day. Both teams set up with a 4-4-2 formation with the opening half being very cagey, however a couple of Revolution veterans clawed open The Familia defence for the first goal, as the game wore on chances came for both teams but Revolutions defence were up to the test and the game ended when Enarnacao slotted away a routine penalty to send the away fans wild. This was a big win for Revolution, while the Familia looked rather uninspired Revolution fielded a raft of veterans and brought on youths at key times. Alderton always looked a danger and Jose and Sunnerborn kept The Familia at bay, a very promising start for the Revolution.

Aqui1a back to winning ways?

Manchester%20City%20v%20QPR:%20Sergio%20Aguero

After their dramatic deceleration that they would quit followed by a replacement of several players with new blood they are back and ready to take on the Middle League as one of the favourites. Against Leeds they won 2-0 their new blood worked well as Isler got a headed goal and close range shot with another new signing Forbes grabbing one of the assists. Away to the Familia they were held to a 0-0 draw but a positive point was the young keeper Sullivan featured in both games and kept two clean sheets. This is impressive for any keeper nevermind a new youth so the manager should be very pleased with this. Next up they are at home to the Revolution, their fans will be expecting a win but after one away victory the Revolution will be wanting to get another to really kick start their season. This will be a test for both sides.

Team of the week

Spain-National-Team-2.jpg

This week three teams really stood out, Russian Revolution, Coloccini FC and Hadens Legends. We think the team that just about edged the others is Coloccini FC with two away victories that saw them garner 7 goals! This took them to the top of the league and also sets them up for two home victories at the end of the season where they may well be pushing for a title. Well done Coloccini FC!

Team of the Week

Coloccini FC

The following tables will include more 2nd and 3rd spots when the field thins a bit.

Top Scorers

Hadens Legends: Ciobotaru 2

Leeds M.O.T: Palma 2

Coloccini FC: Pi Ha 2

Atletico Aqui1a: Isler 2

Top Assists:

Hadens Legends: Mulholland 2

Top X11s:

The Familia: Gibbs 2

Christ, i've got to stop putting win bonuses on all my games, i'm going to bankrupt myself. Forgot I'm not in the middle league anymore!

Hate missing out on games

Love the fact my league position didn't change :P

Good game. Two injuries though, but they are both back for Friday fortunatly.

I would never have envisaged winning my opening 3 games, so pretty pleased about that. Massive test on Friday though against @Haden - always a good battle!

uHv4LrY.jpg

Hi everyone,

Roger Federer here, with my new weekly professional internet football column journalism – Match Points!

I will explain the title and the premise for you, dear readers, since you might not have the developed sense of humour of me, Roger Federer, a 17 time Grand Slam winner and professional Greatest Tennis Player of All Time. You see, it is a clever pun, because in tennis we have something called ‘match point’, which is where one more point will win you the match! And I will be expounding on some specific points about the matches that we are playing in Xpert! So you see? MATCH POINTS! It’s clever isn’t it?

Match points will be delivered to your electro-doorstep each week after the fixtures in question have been played.

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO!

724UPio.jpg

Bolton Star Foxes 1 - 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Some commentators had expected something of a rout here, but both sides came away with a point after unexpectedly unspectacular first round match-up. Peeps, for one, will be happy. Pre-season press conferences with the Wanderer’s erstwhile manager were dominated by talk of an unavoidable relegation, impending doom, and focus on development over results. Yet they staked an early claim for survival here, putting in a scrappy yet effective performance to grind out a draw against Nikos’s Champions League-winning side.

After a dull opening characterised by defensive tenacity and unimaginative attacking, Intergalactico took the lead on the half hour mark, with Diego Zorro knocking in a header at the far post to nicely finish one of the game’s few genuine moments of flair. Ramos pinched the ball from Rosbottom’s toe on the half-way line, guided the ball infield to Scabos, and proceeded to rampage up the left flank, picking up Scabos’ mouth-watering lofted through-ball before cutting inside past the hapless Gledhill and whipping in a ball that was destined to collide with Zorro’s be-hatted head. However, the move was not without its controversy; Peeps immediately running over to harangue the fourth official, apparently unhappy with an off the ball incident in the run up to the goal. And justifiably so, with TV replays showing Zorro powering into the box astride a mighty stallion, skewering several defenders on his rapier in the process, yet Peeps’ complaints went unheeded by the fourth official, and the goal stood.

zP1VdcW.jpg?1

Last season’s champions might have held on for the victory, if it were not for Rocky Miavia, Intergalactico’s ‘Ox in the Box’, pulling up with a thigh problem after only 15 minutes. His replacement, promising young defender Leonidas King, put in a reasonable shift here, but his lack of experience at this level was telling, and he left plenty of space in the channels that Peeps’ boys were able to exploit. King failed to track Brammers’ incisive run into the box on 34 minutes, allowing the midfielder to hit a neat sideways pass that gifted Gray an easy toe-poke equaliser from six yards.

The rest of the game was less interesting, with neither team seeing any real clear-cut chances. The game was less ‘tiki-taka’ and more ’ticky-tocky’ as the home side hung on to the point and ran down the clock, shutting up shop and then parking the bus in front of it for good measure. Worth noting, however, is that for a game characterised by scrappy defending, it was pleasantly well-tempered, with the only caution coming for Intergalactico’s Gandalf Grey; his assertions that the opposing midfielders ‘SHALL NOT PASS!’ winning him nought but a yellow card for obstruction.

Peeps will be pleased with a point here – you suspect their chances of survival this season will depend on frustrating technically superior teams at home. On the other hand, Nikos will see this very-winnable game as two points lost, and a missed opportunity to convert their Champions League momentum into an early league lead.

John Lennon 1 -1 Winston’s Garden Party

vCWBeJ7.jpg?1

Winston and Yellow Sub have a long a storied rivalry, their many past bouts etched into the face of history. The two managers joined the world of N-Europe around the same time, but that’s where the similarities end - whilst Yellow Submarine were putting Eights to the sword and enjoying their years of table-topping success, Winston were playing weekday fixtures at stade de bob and battling for survival in the Middle League. However, after many a season of yo-yo relegation and embarrassment at the hands of Roger Federer, there is a real air of belief and optimism in the Lions’ camp, and a real hope that the Lions can outdo the Lions’ beloved Tottenham and come higher than sixth this season. The Sub on the other hand, though no doubt still reeling from that cup final defeat to Intergalactico, are well placed to storm the barricades of Fortress Victory once again, sword and shield in hand, boot on foot, belief in heart.

What followed was not quite a classic game of two halves, though it certainly provoked plenty of other dichotomies: this game was attack vs. defence. It was Guardiola squaring off against Mourinho; it was Red peppers in a cook off with green peppers; it was the psychedelic Yellow Sub versus good ol’ fashion Winston. It was matter vs. anti-matter, life vs. death. It was goal vs. own-goal. It was one vs. one. Most importantly, it was Ainsley vs. Ainsley.

Just who is Ainsley Tobin? This charismatic figure found his way to Winston Gardens late in the transfer window, enticed to the club by promises of trophies, gold, and beautiful women. He’s 32 years of age (the same as yours truly! Roger FEDerer), a bit of a mercenary, a midfielder-for-hire, but a real tried and tested dynamo who’s as great with his head as he is with his feet. He provided all of this match’s interesting moments, beginning with a headed goal on 27 minutes that was nothing short of sublime. Leaping gracefully into the air, soaring above the shoulders of his peers, never taking his eyes of the ball, he headed the cross beautifully across goal and right into the top corner. But this wasn’t just a header. Ainsley isn’t the kind of man who simply ‘heads’ a ball. He’s the kind of man who caresses it. Who controls it. Who effortlessly steers it into the top corner. Who persuades it to do his bidding. Who takes the ball aside and whispers seductively into its stitching ‘now, my darling, you score’.

The ball obliges. Of course the ball obliges.

The ball obliges, and flies into the top corner of the Winston goal. 1-0 Yellow Submarine! Own goal of the season that, for sure.

BaghdatisAusOpen1.gif

dan-likes-trees' reaction to Ainsley's beautiful own-goal. As to why the manager was carrying a tennis racket is still under investigation.

The rest of the game passed without incident, each side having only a smattering of shots on goal, and, as the fourth official raised a big number two above his head, Ainsley’s thumping header seemed to be the only thing separating the two sides. Yet Winston were unbowed, and, urged on by the cheers of the travelling crowd, stormed up the pitch for a final attack. Coelho launched a long, long goal kick right into Hu Liu’s feet, who controlled it brilliantly before breaking past Karlsnes to reach of the edge of the area. With the home defence rapidly closing down, the Hu Liu dummied to shoot – utterly confounding the opposing defenders- before casually back heeling the ball into the path of the onrushing Rosebotham, who took one touch before flicking the ball on to the unmarked head of - you guessed it – Ainsley Tobin!

HLvluCu.gif

All in all then, a game that can comprehensively be summed up in two words – “one one”. Still, judging by the strength of today’s performances, we can certainly expect these two teams to challenge for the title, and neutrals should be rubbing their hands in glee in anticipation of the return fixture on the last day of the season – it could very well be a title decider!

VOLUME ONE PART TWO FOLLOWS TOMORROW

Thanks,

Roger Federer

PS:

The wife's just had some kids! Another set of twins, for me, Roger Federer! Such a happy moment! I was too busy writing the reports that I almost missed the birth! Twins again.. miracle!

Edited by RogerFederer
Forgot to write 'thanks, Roger Federer' at the bottom, how rude of me.

Oh hello 16-4 with a cool head from my training academy. Nice to meet you.

Is anyone doing a write up on the lower league? Im quite enjoying this season so far ;)

Is anyone doing a write up on the lower league? Im quite enjoying this season so far ;)

I think Peeps is doing the lower league :D

Damn team actually played quite well today but got tactics slightly wrong, suffered an injury, missed two free kicks and failed to get a draw, very disappointing.

Need to win the next game to regain some momentum.

Edited by Haden

See what happens when you only play one striker? One goal.

The correlation is there for all to see.