NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (30th Oct)

Tecmo Koei and Nintendo are working together on the next entry in the horror adventure series Fatal Frame for Wii U, the duo announced.

A title and release date for the project have not been announced.

In conjunction with the new game’s development, Tecmo Koei is expanding the franchise through a series of new multimedia expansions.

From Kadokawa, a live-action film starring Seventeen magazine models Ayami Nakajo and Aoi Morikawa is in production for a fall release, with Bilocation supervisor Mari Asato directing.

From Kadokawa Horror Bunko and Multiple Personality Detective Psycho and The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service author Eiji Otsuka, an original novel is due out in August.

From Kodansha and Kindaichi Case Files writer Shin Kibayashi (known by his penname Tadashi Agi), a comic is also planned.

This will please @Mokong.

If ever there was a game suited for the gamepad, this is it.

Perfect example of Nintendo's building of relationships with third parties too. Let's hope it's localised

This is really good news. I am pleased Nintendo are sill doing something. I'd love to see them do more like this. They should do what they did in the GCN era and give out some big franchises for joint development - Star Fox, F-Zero etc.

YES YES YES!!! Now HERE is a game series that could make fantastic use of the Gamepad (Gamepad screen = Camera Obscura)

Lets just hope that we don't get another Project Zero 4 style fiasco, where game breaking bugs prevent it from seeing a western release... (Assuming that Tecmo develop this one in-house this time, hopefully that shouldn't happen here...)

Perfect example of Nintendo's building of relationships with third parties too. Let's hope it's localised

Yeah, Nintendo and Tecmo-Koei have been butt buddies for a good while now... They're probably Nintendo's closest Japanese 3rd party partner... (Spike Chunsoft are a close second)

This is really good news. I am pleased Nintendo are sill doing something. I'd love to see them do more like this. They should do what they did in the GCN era and give out some big franchises for joint development - Star Fox, F-Zero etc.

;)

That is NOT what I'm talking about hahaha

Still, it's a Nintendo property being handled by a third party :p

Nice to see a third party property exclusive to the Wii U. Nintendo should work with other third parties to bring their games to the Wii U.

FINALLY!

The only thing that disappoints me was it took them this long to announce it!

When I saw the GamePad reveal first game I thought of was a new Fatal Frame. And since the FF2remake got a European localisation hopefully we should be certs to get this new too.

Good to see Nintendo keeping whatever rights the got when they bought FF4 and the FF2remake (didn't Nintendo actually part buy the Franchise back then or something?)

Hope we see some footage of it soon, this should be the best use of the GamePad since ZombiU and should be even better if done right. WOOT can't wait for new survival horror goodness :D The potential for using the Gamepad in this game is huge...not to mention the potential for scare moments and tension :D

Good to see Nintendo keeping whatever rights the got when they bought FF4 and the FF2remake (didn't Nintendo actually part buy the Franchise back then or something?)

From what I can tell, Nintendo have rights to the games they published, but Tecmo Koei still have full rights to the franchise.

It's good news but it will be even better news when its gets a western release date.

There will be a stream on Thursday at 13:30 JST on NicoNico which will show the first footage and details of this game

Details... http://gematsu.com/2014/07/fatal-frame-raven-haired-shrine-maiden-revealed-wii-u

next entry in the Fatal Frame series, titled Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko (Fatal Frame: The Raven Haired Shrine Maiden), will launch for Wii U on September 27 at 6,600 yen in Japan, Nintendo and Koei Tecmo announced.

The horror adventure game is the series’ biggest volume yet. It is set in Hikamiyama, a sacred mountain with a huge lake at its summit from which water gushes abundantly throughout the mountain. It’s a mountain of death, and only those who choose on their own to die go there. They enter the mountain at oumagatoki (the witching hour), when the boundary between the world of the living and the world of the dead is blurred. The game’s story revolves around the concept of water.

The protagonist is named Kozukata Yuuri. She can see those who have been spirited away and captured in the world of the dead and return them to this world. Responding to the requests of those who have been taken, Yuuri visits Mt. Hikamiyama.

The Wii U GamePad will act as a “Projection Machine,” which can be controlled like a real camera. You can move the camera to follow ghosts according to its movements, setting up both vertically and horizontally, and shooting while looking around the environment.

The game’s theme song is “Higanbana” by AnJu.

Looks fantastic! Love the water theme and Gamepad = Camera Obscura? Just what we all wanted :D

Now the wait for a localization announcement...

Edited by Dcubed

this game should come as a limited edition with a voucher for a change of underwear

I so want this game! :D

That is all. : peace:

Chances of this getting a port? Add it to the other 50 games for 2015

Revealed here.

First trailer

Out 27 September, Japan.

HOLY FRAK, even just that vid had my nerves on edge :D

Can;t wait for this game!

Should do. The didn't port FF4 which was a shame as it was an awesome game. But they did port the FF2 remake so I'd say that should make it more likely that we will get FF5 here...... should

I'd say that the chances of an EU release are very high. We've gotten all of the Nintendo console/handheld Project Zero games here in Europe except for PZ4 (and that was supposedly because the Japanese version suffered from game breaking glitches that Tecmo/Grasshopper refused to fix) and the Wii U is absolutely desperate for software (especially exclusive software that uses the Gamepad in a fundamental way... ;) )

So barring any sort of horrifying un-fixable showstopper bug rearing its terrifying head once more, we should end up getting it :)

The glitch in Fatal Frame 4 wasnt even game breaking. It caused you to be unable to get 100% on the ghost list (98% was the most you could get) but the game was perfectly playable from start to end

I still want to pick up Project Zero 2 for the Wii at some point. I have a huge list of games on there that I need to work through first before I come to that.

I still want to pick up Project Zero 2 for the Wii at some point. I have a huge list of games on there that I need to work through first before I come to that.

You still haven't played that yet?

Flinky.... my survival horror friend.... I am...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You still haven't played that yet?

Flinky.... my survival horror friend.... I am...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I want it, but also feel incredible guilty about all of the unplayed Wii games I've got. Couldn't bring myself to buy another one knowing that it wouldn't be touched for ages.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko - new character, gameplay details

Yuuri Kozukata

- Goes to the mountain to search for the owner of the shop, Hisoka Kurosawa

- Voiced by Risa Tawata

Miu Hinasaki

- Girl searching for her missing mother

- Her mother vanished when she was a child

- She’s never known the love of parents and feels empty

- Heads to the mountain believing her mother is there

- Voiced by Maaya Uchida

Ren Hojo

- Failure of an author

- Has known Yuuri for ages

- Whimsical and is scolded by his assistant for it

- He hears of a custom involving burial photos, and goes to the mountain to research for his new book.

- Voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki

Hisoka Kurosawa

- Owner of the shop

- Uses kagemi skills to search for lost things

- Goes to the mountain to look for a missing girl and vanishes

- Voiced by Atsuko Tanaka

Rui Kagamiya

- Ren’s assistant

- She respects him, calling him sensei, and as well as helping him out she thinks of him as family

- Voiced by Maaya Sakamoto

Locations

- Explore 3 main locations at the start

- These include forest and buildings around the mountain

Mikomori Onsen

- An abandoned old, big house known as a famous ghost spot where lots of ghosts are Kurosawa Antiques

- Also a cafe

- Yuuri lives and works here

- People come here to request lost things be found, or have their fortunes told by Hisoka

Shirazu no Mori

- A forest in the mountain

- Ever since it became famous as a suicide spot, there’s been a big fence around it, which people sneak in through

- There are also rumors of a murderer hiding inside

Gameplay

- Plays out a bit like mission mode

- Choose your mission and then you unlock new missions

- You can replay missions as much as you’d like

- Once you complete the chapter goals, you get the next chapter

- Your goal is to find people

- Each person has different reasons for going to the mountain and getting there, so you’ll have to gather as much info about them as you can

- You can use something that’s like a “scent” of a person from things like a hair, their documents etc.

- That aids your “kagemi”

- Then you use your clues to search for them

- If you chase the memories of them you’ll find them, so you have to follow their past footsteps

- When you find them and “bring them back” from their spiriting away, it’s mission complete, but you’ll have to watch out for the ghosts lurking

- You can also use your “ghost sight” to find hints from ghosts

- Looks kind of like hidden ghosts in other games

- Gameplay on the TV

- Map on the GamePad

- The touch system for picking up items is back

- Ghost hands are also back

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236008-fatal-frame-nuregarasu-no-miko-new-character-gameplay-details

[TWEET]504692255051882496[/TWEET]

iOC97WiDpkwT5.jpg

iPUIEYUzxkMh2.jpg