NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

E3 Predictions 2014 - Wii U

The problem is, don't Zelda games sell terribly these days? Unless it gets incredible hype I'm not so sure it's a system seller. It's pretty depressing for instance that Twilight Princess only sold 5.5 million, and even worse Skyward Sword only 3 million. Spirit Tracks did 2.5 compared to New Super Mario and Nintendogs that sold 25-30mil. Such a big name like Zelda is actually quite niche, though not as much as say Metroid admitedly. If Nintendo want to shift consoles they need to find their next Wii Sports/Wii Fit/Nintendogs.

3 milion is hardly terrible. Espescially not for a console which, let's face it, had been gathering dust due to a game drought for over a year.

As mentioned before, you need to separate games that sell well from games that sell consoles. Sure, millions and millions of people bought New Mario Bros, but noone really bought the Wii just to play it. It was bought by people who had Wiis and wanted something to play on it.

Also, you need to remember that Zelda used to be the pinnacle of the game industry. Then Zelda sold well.

If Nintendo can make a new Zelda that sells let's say three million units within a year, then that may not be brilliant software sales. But what if a third of those bought the Wii U just to play it. What if Nintendo could release an exclusive (first, second or third party doesen't matter) with that level of polish and hype? That would be an extra 6 milion consoles a year.

That on its own wouldn't turn the Wii U into a new Wii, but it would be a bit of a game changer. It would mean that the Wii U has an early buyer-fanbase which promotes the console to friends in a more serious way. It would justify third parties developing games for it. And those two things would further boost sales.

It could be an upwards-going spiral, rather than the downwards going spiral we've seen since the Wii U launch.

I'm predicting Mario. Lots more Mario. Every franchise Nintendo has will be converted to a Mario title. Mario merch. Mario candy. Mario stationary. Mario healthcare. Mario condoms. Mario weaponry. M-16s with Mario emblazoned on the side. For kids! Reggie totes one and fires into the crowd. They run, they scream but the doors are bolted shut with Mario padlocks. Reggie laughs and fires again, blood congealing on Mario shag carpeting. It is all Mario. There is only Mario now and forever Mario. Mario. Mario? Mario! Maaaaaaaaarioooo!

Mario.

Mario.

Mario.

The sound of Mario on the breeze. A dog barks in the night of Mario. The boot of Mario stamping on a human face forever. Mario.

Edited by gaggle64

I'm confused as to why people keep thinking Retro will have something to show. Unless they actually did split into a two team studio a few years ago, they'd have nothing to show. They routinely put out a game ever 3 years, and we only just got Tropical Freeze.

Anyway, I'm still hoping they grace us with Nintendogs Benny.

I'm confused as to why people keep thinking Retro will have something to show. Unless they actually did split into a two team studio a few years ago, they'd have nothing to show. They routinely put out a game ever 3 years, and we only just got Tropical Freeze.

Anyway, I'm still hoping they grace us with Nintendogs Benny.

In the interview at the awful games trailers event thing, they strongly hinted they were now a two game studio... I genuinely believe they'll have Metroid out this year!

I'm predicting Mario. Lots more Mario. Every franchise Nintendo has will be converted to a Mario title. Mario merch. Mario candy. Mario stationary. Mario healthcare. Mario condoms. Mario weaponry. M-16s with Mario emblazoned on the side. For kids! Reggie totes one and fires into the crowd. They run, they scream but the doors are bolted shut with Mario padlocks. Reggie laughs and fires again, blood congealing on Mario shag carpeting. It is all Mario. There is only Mario now and forever Mario. Mario. Mario? Mario! Maaaaaaaaarioooo!

Mario.

Mario.

Mario.

The sound of Mario on the breeze. A dog barks in the night of Mario. The boot of Mario stamping on a human face forever. Mario.

Oh shit... I just realised that Quality of Life converted into the Mario alphabet spells out... MARIO!!!

In the interview at the awful games trailers event thing, they strongly hinted they were now a two game studio... I genuinely believe they'll have Metroid out this year!

But, the only way we could have Metroid this year is if they split into a 2-game studio a good 3 years ago. I dunno, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just feel like hoping for Retro's new game this year (or even next year) is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Mario condoms.

If they make the super mushroom sound when my dick grows could me in!

As far as Western Developers go, it's all about NextLevelGames's new project, I hope.

Part of me wants to see them revive another dorment franchise since they seem to like that so much, but I'd also looooooove to see them revisit the Super Mario Strikes series.

Dat shit was raaaaaad as fuck!

tumblr_mdcs3adZOs1rpvf4qo1_400.gif

Pretty amazing NINTENDO let them do that to one of their characters. I guess this is further evidence that NINTENDO view Waluigi as a joke character.

I want Monster Games to bring us an awesome, HD, Excite Truck title! Fucking loved that game on Wii.

930a292775115469e25ceb021b8681c8.jpg

I want Monster Games to bring us an awesome, HD, Excite Truck title! Fucking loved that game on Wii.

930a292775115469e25ceb021b8681c8.jpg

HD Excitetruck sequel with 12 player online...:heart:

Mario.

Mario.

Mario.

Mario condoms...do they help you get one up?

I'll be here all night.

HD Excitetruck sequel with 12 player online...:heart:

Hnnnnngggggggggg.

Mario condoms...do they help you get one up?

I'll be here all night.

Just make sure that you put it in the right place. Not in her other castle.

My predictions: Nothing. I'm going in empty. Zero expectations. First E3 in a long time where I'm not hyped at all.

...First E3 in a long time where I'm not hyped at all.

Same here actually, I have absolutely zero hype for this E3. None whatsoever... :(

Probably a good thing. Always better to be pleasantly surprised!

Personally I'd prefer an excitebike than an excite truck. And I'll also love a mario strikers game especially as we don't get football games...

I think nintendo should do their own sports label, it's so important as a genre and severely lacking.

A Wii u sports label:

Mario golf

Mario tennis

Mario strikers

Whack Wii sports not the bale and keep adding more sport

Excitebike

Wave race

Maybe do what they used to do and basketball/baseball sims etc

Would be awesome and I kind of think nintendo need to do something like that.

Personally I'd prefer an excitebike than an excite truck. And I'll also love a mario strikers game especially as we don't get football games...

I think nintendo should do their own sports label, it's so important as a genre and severely lacking.

A Wii u sports label:

Mario golf

Mario tennis

Mario strikers

Excitebike

Wave race

They defo need to get those extreme sports titles out! And while they are at it, they should buy the rights to the Tony Hawk's franchise and reboot it with a new Pro Skater title...Imagine that, Wave Race and 1080 :)

A Wii u sports label:

Mario golf

Mario tennis

Mario strikers

Excitebike

Wave race

ExciteBike, 1080, Wave Race and something like NBA Courtside is going down the right route. But, they also need something for the likes of tennis, golf, football etc that DOESN'T feature Mario's face on it. They need new characters, new heroes to warm towards. A realistic-ish tennis sim alongside Mario Tennis is the key, imo.

Bringing back a game such as 1080 would be excellent. We haven't had that shoved down our throats every console or handheld generation, and I think it would add variety to the console. I will be heartbroken if Nintendo show off another sports game with Mario's face on it. We see more than enough of him. We need something else.

Yeah, I do love the arcades sports title. What's annoying is that Wii sports could've been the realistic take on it, almost like Grand Slam Tennis!

What would be even better is if Nintendo partnered with sega on to and get them to do loads of sports games - virtua tennis and such.

How related to games will QOL be? If there's no real link I kinda rather Nintendo didn't debut QOL at E3 but wait until a consumer tech show instead.

How related to games will QOL be? If there's no real link I kinda rather Nintendo didn't debut QOL at E3 but wait until a consumer tech show instead.

Iwata made a statement that indicated that he's talking about entertainment. So perhaps it's an in-house film studio making movies based on Nintendo IP's?

And of course: 3DS-phone?

A 'Nintendo Sports' label would be awesome :yay:

Stuff like Excitebike, Wave Race, 1080, Super Tennis, NBA Courtside, Nintendo Touch Golf and the resurrection of Pennant Chase would provide a nice variety of 'realistic' sports games, along with reviving something like Super Soccer, from the now defunct Human Interactive, or working with SEGA to bring an improved Virtua Striker and some of their other sports franchises to the Wii U.

In fairness, it would be unlikely to have much of an influence on other console owners to purchase a Wii U but it would fill a massive gap for those of us who only own Nintendo's console :heh:

A 'Nintendo Sports' label would be awesome :yay:

Stuff like Excitebike, Wave Race, 1080, Super Tennis, NBA Courtside, Nintendo Touch Golf and the resurrection of Pennant Chase would provide a nice variety of 'realistic' sports games, along with reviving something like Super Soccer, from the now defunct Human Interactive, or working with SEGA to bring an improved Virtua Striker and some of their other sports franchises to the Wii U.

In fairness, it would be unlikely to have much of an influence on other console owners to purchase a Wii U but it would fill a massive gap for those of us who only own Nintendo's console :heh:

This would actually be a HUGE deal in the West (particularly America) and if advertised correctly it would bring a lot of sales. I mean, Wave Race, 1080 and NBA alone would sell very good amounts if the console was advertised to those demographics, and there have been some great snowboarding titles in the past that have done well. It would also cultivate the right type of audience so 3rd party sports games would sell well, like FIFA etc.

Anyway, here are my predictions for E3:

-We'll get two of the following: HD Xenoblade/HD Twilight Princess+Skyward Sword/HD Super Mario Galaxy 1+2.

-A trailer for Starfox on Wii U, featuring a full online model. It'll be made by the Pikmin team.

-Zelda gameplay trailer. It's gonna be awesome. Slated for a 2015 release.

-Majora's Mask 3D.

-Miyamoto new I.P.

-Bayonetta port.

-Baoynetta and X given release dates for this winter, along with Smash.

Now, that stuff will definitely make me happy. To make me very happy, I'd like to see this:

-New F-Zero.

-A new Metroid title (not like Fusion or Other M).

To make me ECSTATIC:

-A 'NEW Legend of Zelda' series, which is basically a new top down Zelda like Four Swords, which features online play.

-A LEGO Nintendo title.

-An Ice Climbers 2D game made by WayForward.

Oh. And I predict that Mango will win the Smash U tournament and that he'll get to play Sakurai afterwards :)

Anyway, here are my predictions for E3:

-We'll get two of the following: HD Xenoblade/HD Twilight Princess+Skyward Sword/HD Super Mario Galaxy 1+2.

I would be absolutely ecstatic at HD Twilight Princess. I've still got it on GameCube, but there's no remake I'd like more.

I honestly don't know what to expect from Nintendo this year.

I think my main guess is that they don't announce anything new this year. They just show us more of the games they've already said they have in the pipeline.

What five things I'd like to see this year?

1. GameCube games on the Wii U VC. Unlikely though as they seem to be in no rush to bring N64 games to the Wii U.
  2. Now that there is a unified account across the two platforms make it so that purchasing a VC game on one platform allows it to be played on any platform it's available for... like how Sony do.
  3. A Metroid game.
  4. A Starfox game.
  5. A cross game (& platform?) messaging system. I know you can send messages in Miiverse but it's too many steps.

I would be absolutely ecstatic at HD Twilight Princess. I've still got it on GameCube, but there's no remake I'd like more.

Yeah it'd be interesting actually because Twilight Princess looks great for the hardware it was on but it really suffered in certain areas. It was a stretch too far for the GC, especially those textures. That said, some areas look spectacular. I'd love to see it!

I'd also like to see the guys at Yacht Club Games given the chance to work on a new 2D game. Maybe a Captain Falcon Spin off game, where his weapons include his extreme masculinity and of course, kneeing everyone to the face?

Skip to the last 20 seconds and you'll understand the premise of said action game :heart: