NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Aware Me On Dreamcast Games

Oh shiiiii-

My controller extension cable came today. I've been sat on my bed for the last two hours playing Crazy Taxi and motherfucking REVOLT.

Shit, why didn't anybody tell me Revolt was awesome?! I had a hidden gem all this time.

It also has a Track Editor, hnnnnggggggg.

Tomorrow morning = wake up early, play dreamcast games and eating easter eggs. :D

You playing on a HDTV, Flinky? Just wondering how the games look on one.

I'm playing on my Samsung 26 inch LCD telly in the bedroom. It was stated as being HD Ready when I bought it. Games look fine to me, but I'm also short sighted and can live with games looking a bit dated. I did own a Wii, after all. Ha...:D

Oh shiiiii-

My controller extension cable came today. I've been sat on my bed for the last two hours playing Crazy Taxi and motherfucking REVOLT.

Shit, why didn't anybody tell me Revolt was awesome?! I had a hidden gem all this time.

It also has a Track Editor, hnnnnggggggg.

Tomorrow morning = wake up early, play dreamcast games and eating easter eggs. :D

Oh yeah ReVolt!!! That game had a few tunes on it too. Good timessss. :heart:

ReVolt is rad as fuck.

You should definitely try Toy Commander next. I've heard Toy Racer is good too, but haven't played it myself so can't promise anything.

ReVolt is rad as fuck.

You should definitely try Toy Commander next. I've heard Toy Racer is good too, but haven't played it myself so can't promise anything.

Toy Racer was pretty much an online only game. You have a few weak single modes like time attack but the main bits of the game were the online modes, which are obviously useless now.

Definetly get Toy Commander though. That game was amazing and such a gem.

Oh yeah ReVolt!!! That game had a few tunes on it too. Good timessss. :heart:

ReVolt is rad as fuck.

The soundtrack is bitchin'. I'm having a rave right now in my bedroom.

Fuuuuuuuuck, this game is potential god-tier. Why haven't I been hearing people rave about this game before? Dat track editor. I just made the greatest of all time (goat) track. It had pipes, bridges, sharp fucking corners and everything, brahs.

Amazing, amazing game. That soundtrack. Fuaaaaark. Hnnnnngggggg.

Hmm.. I think Re-Volt came with the Dreamcast I purchased several years ago, but there were plenty of other games and I sort of never really found the time to give the game a chance. It ended up in a charity shop with a few other games, including Slave Zero, but I almost wish it was here now just to see what all the fuss is about :heh:

Hmm.. I think Re-Volt came with the Dreamcast I purchased several years ago, but there were plenty of other games and I sort of never really found the time to give the game a chance. It ended up in a charity shop with a few other games, including Slave Zero, but I almost wish it was here now just to see what all the fuss is about :heh:

Pick eet up, brah. Do eet.

Space Channel 5 and Jet Set Radio are heeeere. I spent the morning playing F Zero GX and only had time for around half an hour on Jet Set, but...wow, such game, so graphics, much fun. Loving it so far. :D

So pretty.

Pick eet up, brah. Do eet.

Space Channel 5 and Jet Set Radio are heeeere. I spent the morning playing F Zero GX and only had time for around half an hour on Jet Set, but...wow, such game, so graphics, much fun. Loving it so far. :D

So pretty.

I got Space Channel 5 a few months ago but haven't really attempted to get into it yet (though, from what I've played, I don't think I'm gonna enjoy it as much as several other rhythm games :indeed:)

Jet Set Radio, on the other hand, is an AWESOME game :yay: I have to admit, though, that despite clearing it within the last couple of years, I never felt that I was any good at it :blank:

I've played another hour and a half of this game tonight. Amaaaaaazing. It's awesome.

Why wasn't there one of these on the Wii?!

Revolt 2 (which is actually just a remade Revolt) is available on Android (and I assume iOS).

It's pretty good and is free, with in app purchases. I haven't felt the need to buy anything on it yet, so I'd say it's worth a look.

My top 10 ,

Shenmue

Crazy taxi

MSR

PSO

Virtua tennis

Soul calibur

Daytona

Space channel 5

Sega rally

My Top Tier of Ten DC games would have to be...

1. Phantasy Star Online Ver.2

2. Skies of Arcadia

3. Shenmue 2

4. Ikaruga

5. Jet Set Radio

6. Rez

7. Sonic Adventure

8. Metropolis Street Racer

9. Powerstone 2

10. Soul Calibur

Some of the best days of my life were spent playing those games. : peace:

Spoiler

10. Typing of the Dead
9. Grandia 2
8. Phantasy Star Online
7. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Rez
5. Jet Set Radio
4. Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
3. Power Stone 2
2. Skies of Arcadia
1. SoulCalibur

I seldom watch IGN videos nowadays but I've just watched two. :hehe: Give this a watch if you want to be awared on the top 10 Dreamcast games of all time according to them.

When I saw number 2 I was scratching my head as to what they were putting at number 1. It's an obvious enough pick when you see it.

Haha. We were just talking about Skies of Arcadia the other day. :D 

Things like Crazy Taxi and Resident Evil Code Veronica deserved to be in that list. 

It's weird looking back at the Dreamcast catalogue. There aren't that many must play, exclusive games that never got ported to other consoles. I think Capcom's Dreamcast efforts are the ones that got left behind. Project Justice, Tech Romancer, Plasma Sword, Cannon Spike...these games never got another chance. :( 

51 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. We were just talking about Skies of Arcadia the other day. :D 

Things like Crazy Taxi and Resident Evil Code Veronica deserved to be in that list. 

It's weird looking back at the Dreamcast catalogue. There aren't that many must play, exclusive games that never got ported to other consoles. I think Capcom's Dreamcast efforts are the ones that got left behind. Project Justice, Tech Romancer, Plasma Sword, Cannon Spike...these games never got another chance. :( 

Yeah, Dreamcast has an incredible library, but it's also true that most of the console's best titles did get ported to later platforms (and usually in superior form).  There really isn't much left that's truly exclusive to the console anymore (mainly Capcom's titles and some super niche stuff like Bangai-O, D2 and Blue Stinger).

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this