NEurope
Serebii

Codename: S.T.E.A.M. - Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace

My rough reactions to this:

Game about defending from Alien Forces? (Uhhh...)

Strategy game by Intelligent Systems? (Yeah!)

Features 3rd Person Shooting prominently? (Urgh...)

Cel-shaded Steampunk that revels in cheese and silly? (HELL YES!)

So, I like what I hear... for now :heh:

Finally:

Question: Is code name steam why we haven’t gotten a new advance wars?

Answer: nonononono. We are always thinking about the next iteration of AW and FE. Teasing they will reveal info on those later when they are ready

Regarding S.T.E.A.M.

Looks deep and tactical, but it doesn't really look turn-based so I'm intrigued as to how it is.

Edited by Fused King

A new strategy IP from Intelligent Systems is about the one IS-related announcement that trumps a new Advance Wars for me. I cannot wait.

They are always thinking about new FE and AW?

Not convinced that they've been putting all that much thought into AW for the past six and a half years.

I wanted Zelda MM3D not this

You need to tell them these things way in advance canand.

I wanted Zelda MM3D not this
As the roundtable game you mean? The roundtable game always should have been a new IP really, as Zelda MM wouldn't take much explaining.

As the roundtable game you mean? The roundtable game always should have been a new IP really, as Zelda MM wouldn't take much explaining.

Do you think Zelda MM3D will ever get announced?

Do you think Zelda MM3D will ever get announced?
Not sure. I guess there wasn't much revealed for 3DS at E3 as they focused on Wii U. So they might wait for another better time to announce it.

This game is getting ridiculously overlooked! It must be heartbreaking for the developers to see it get ignored by the media at large (look at how much the audience just didn't seem to care when this trailer played :( )

It's gonna end up being one of those overlooked gems like Elite Beat Agents or Valkyria Chronicles that people look back on fondly, despite not caring about it before it came out.

I just don't think it looks very good. Simple as that. And I k ow people cry for new IP (mental people :) ). But an advance wars is ridiculously overdue.

I'm not even watching the trailer with the stupid amount of chatter going on in the background, totally kills it, will watch when it's up as a proper direct trailer or something - I know the background noise is due to the nature of where it was unveiled etc - in any case it doesn't matter; overlooked by many it may be but I won't be one of those people as I've had this pre-ordered since it was announced so I'm already sold on it. :D

I'm not even watching the trailer with the stupid amount of chatter going on in the background, totally kills it, will watch when it's up as a proper direct trailer or something - I know the background noise is due to the nature of where it was unveiled etc - in any case it doesn't matter; overlooked by many it may be but I won't be one of those people as I've had this pre-ordered since it was announced so I'm already sold on it. :D

Here's a proper officially released version...

I just don't think it looks very good. Simple as that. And I k ow people cry for new IP (mental people :) ). But an advance wars is ridiculously overdue.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

While I too would adore an Advance Wars 3D I'm more than happy that Codename: S.T.E.A.M is on the way as it looks fresh, fun and amazing in every way. :D

Besides there is still plenty of time for another iteration of Advance Wars to come out, in the meantime they can release all of the other titles, including the DS games on the Virtual Console to get the IP out there a bit more ready for a full-scale attack on our consoles at around this time next year; it will happen. :)

Meanwhile... let's add some S.T.E.A.M to the hype-train for this stunning original title which deserves more praise than it's currently receiving. : peace:

Out of all the stuff shown in the new Nintendo Direct, this is the game I'm most looking forward to. It's a shame they have to shove Fire Emblem characters into it to generate interest.

Out of all the stuff shown in the new Nintendo Direct, this is the game I'm most looking forward to. It's a shame they have to shove Fire Emblem characters into it to generate interest.

Ah, the Fire Emblem series is now so well known, they're using it to promote a new IP. They grow up so fast!

But seriously, I'm not bothered by it. Even Zelda had a game with Mario characters at one point. This is just a cameo, and an optional one at that.

Nice surprise. Really early to release the demo considering it's not out until May.

Really enjoyed the demo, played an hour and not done with it yet. The difficulty jumps quite quickly.

Yup! Very nice surprise (though why so early? The game isn't out for almost 4 months!)

Either way, I'm not playing it. I know that I'm gonna get the game anyway, so why bother playing the demo? I'd rather just have it all feel completely fresh going in :)

Enjoyed it, but really didn't like how long the enemy turn takes. I hope they can speed that up in the full game.

Yeah. Slow enemy turns killed the demo for me. Hope they let you fast forward their turns in the full game. As it stands I think I'll be skipping this, love the premise and the art style, but I can't see myself slogging through loads of those types of missions. If reviews promise more variety, consider me down for another look.

It was okay. Got samey after 10 minutes though. And this over an advance wars is even more depressing....