NEurope
Serebii

Codename: S.T.E.A.M. - Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace

Got the patch and its finally getting somewhere :)

I don't get the critisim now it's fixed , the only issue I had was the slow aI but the patch makes it perfect now , the graphics look good to me especially the palace stage .

A solid 7/10 so far .

I've just been playing the demo and quite enjoyed it. I'll probably pick it up at some point but I have Amiibo, Splatoon and Yoshi to pick up when they all come out.

Do you have to do any thing special in the demo to unlock the weapon when you go to the full game?

Really enjoying this game so far, it's the best original game I've played on a Nintendo system in years.

It's getting quite challenging already, there have been a couple of missions where I just scraped through.

Lion was my last remaining character and standing right next to the queen. One of the enemy artillery killed him, but the blast also finished off the queen and I ended up beating the mission.

:laughing:

Man, Lucina is broken. Her bow is so good. Really like how they incorporated the Fire Emblem music.

Finished the last mission earlier, really enjoyed this game. :)

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Yup, even though I wasn't a fan of the demo, and to be honest it doesn't really appeal to me. I picked it up, waiting to be pleasantly surprised

Finally pulled the trigger on buying this. I'm going away for the weekend and figured I could do with something new to play whilst away. With Amazon now selling it for under £12, I figured it would be worth a punt at that price.

Finally pulled the trigger on buying this. I'm going away for the weekend and figured I could do with something new to play whilst away. With Amazon now selling it for under £12, I figured it would be worth a punt at that price.

Report in with your findings. We're on tenterhooks here. :geek:

I thanked your post for the comedy value. I don't think its 'nuff said' at all ye boy ye. From what I remember reading, Codename STEAM had its issues but I think being an Intelligent Systems game, it was still well received inspite of this. What went wrong for you, H-o-T?

I thanked your post for the comedy value. I don't think its 'nuff said' at all ye boy ye. From what I remember reading, Codename STEAM had its issues but I think being an Intelligent Systems game, it was still well received inspite of this. What went wrong for you, H-o-T?

Most of the time you have enemies constantly respawning on the map, something which I hate, as its a cheap way of increasing the difficulty. Earlier CoD games used to do this and it annoyed the hell out of me. While Fire emblem does this, at least you can block off entrances and such.

You can't see the enemies. This is one of the biggest flaws of the game. You can't look around the map and see the placement of enemies or even where they move to, which makes it even more baffling as to why you need to watch the overly long scenes of enemy movements. There's so many times where my characters have been killed only because I couldn't look around the map or even see around a corner. What's worse is that these enemies could be in overwatch mode ( means you do more damage ) and as soon as I step around the corner I get dealt a huge amount of damage.

This problem also makes it difficult to pick your route. This is supposed to be a tactical shooter but it's hard to make decisions when you haven't got half the information you need to make said decisions.

It's baffling how these design decisions got through into the final game. I know James had a rant about it on RFN a few months back and I echo his thoughts on the game. It had potential but this two issues cause all kinds of problems and make the game feel unbalanced and unfair far too many times for me to proceed with it.

After doubting for a very, very long time, even after playing the demo, I finally broke and picked it up. And... I quite enjoy it! I'm not even really into strategy games, so it's quite surprising actually. Or perchance that exactly the reason why?

I just finished this game the other day. I have not been playing strategy games much, outside of RTS-style, like Command & Conquer. I have played a few Fire Emblem games, but have not finished any of them.

And I loved this one. The comic book style worked well, and presented in an interesting way, at least for the cutscenes. Gameplay itself seemed to work fine, once I got the hang of using the overwatch attacks and luring enemies at them. I also liked the music, and voice acting was comical, but fit the game well.

The only thing I didn't like were the few difficulty spikes the game had here and there on few missions. Luckily, the netx mission was usually way easier, so the difficulty only rose for one mission at a time. I especially remember Missioin 12-1 being devastating, as shield prowlers were constantly spawning to the field, and attacking me from the roof.

Still, the game was great, and I loved playing it. Too bad the game sold poorly, I would have liked to play a sequel. Especially after that ending.

*uses a Steam Engine to ressuscitate thread*

Heyo. This game is next on my physical backlog, and I've started it recently (currently at Buckingham Palace). I entered mostly blind, not really aware of what people liked or disliked about it, and was immediately staggered by the long enemy turns I see posters complaining about in this thread.

But I hear there was a patch to speed things up. If so, how do I know it's already installed? And if I can manually speed things up, which button is it? As it stands, I feel like I need to play this game while doing some other chore (alternating between the two), which is quite bothersome.

Beyond that (and the annoyingly long ranges the enemies have), this feels like a fun game. It's unusual as far as tactical games go (though I haven't tried Valkyria Chronicles yet). The lack of a map is kinda bothersome, but I feel like it's part of the point, considering the over-the-shoulder perspective. Plus, the ability to walk back while collecting coins makes it feel like a collectathon, which feels fresh for strategy games.

• Thanks 2

The button is a switch on the touchscreen.

you should be able to download the patch from the game page on the eshop.

If you have the Marth, Lucina or Ike Amiibo, you can scan them to unlock them as playable characters.

• Like 1

Ah, I need to manually download it (I was already used to the Switch being automatic about it). Since I have the physical copy, I've never been on the eShop page. Thank you!

I already knew about the Amiibo stuff - and I love how well made they are - but the only ones I own are Alm, Celica, and Incineroar (plus, I need a specific reader for the 3DS, right? Don't have it)

It should prompt from the home screen there is an update available but I can’t remember if you had to enable a setting or something for that.

• Thanks 1