NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Mario Kart 8 |OT| [SPOILERS]

oGo37Pb.png

Well that's something sorted about the battle issues some had...

Shame battles mode is meant to be AWFUL!

I will say though, that mario golfs online options get me very excited for this!

Shame battles mode is meant to be AWFUL!

I will say though, that mario golfs online options get me very excited for this!

The issues I heard of it are that turning around is such a hassle...now we have this.

I've heard it's just plain rubbish. Having tracks instead of arenas just doesn't work....

The issues I heard of it are that turning around is such a hassle...now we have this.

That doesn't solve the problem though, which is that the levels are way too big. Unless it featured 15-20 players it's just going to be empty all the time.

Alas, when will Mario Kart finally have a decent Battle Mode again... Battle Mode is the reason MK64 was my favourite Mario Kart. Gutted!

..maybe we'll get proper battle mode tracks and challenges as DLC..? ::shrug:

Come on, Nando. :p

My assessments and reports are due to be finished in a month's time. I should have a bit more free time after that to get into this game. I'm hoping that there's enough there to keep me coming back.

At least they're back with the every person for themselves format... Now just give us the snes and n64 battle tracks as free dlc and everyone will be happy!

Arranged an online match to test it out aaaaaand it kept disconnecting in the lobby. Sure it's a teething thing, but annoying nonetheless.

I've heard it's just plain rubbish. Having tracks instead of arenas just doesn't work....

It doesn't.

Arranged an online match to test it out aaaaaand it kept disconnecting in the lobby. Sure it's a teething thing, but annoying nonetheless.

I also had that problem this evening when I tried an online race. Disconnected as I was spectating a race that I was going to join.

N64 Block Fort was such a good arena! About 95% of my time on MK64 was spent there!

I also had that problem this evening when I tried an online race. Disconnected as I was spectating a race that I was going to join.

We got it working in the end. Turns out it was because Hellfire was uploading to YouTube and it really didn't like that!

We got it working in the end. Turns out it was because Hellfire was uploading to YouTube and it really didn't like that!
Have you managed to play any worldwide races? (I'm guessing not, seeing as only a handful of peeps currently have the game) Still curious about the matchmaking though. I really hope they've got rid of the need to watch an ongoing race before joining a game. :zzz:

Anyway, looking forward to your review!

: peace:

Have you managed to play any worldwide races? (I'm guessing not, seeing as only a handful of peeps currently have the game) Still curious about the matchmaking though. I really hope they've got rid of the need to watch an ongoing race before joining a game. :zzz:

Would you rather watch a loading screen?

Would you rather watch a loading screen?
If it means I get into a game quicker, then yeah, I would. :hehe:

If it means I get into a game quicker, then yeah, I would. :hehe:

Huh. That doesn't make sense. The game throws you in the race as soon as it can.. Watching the race is a great way then you can join friends much more easily etc.

@Ashley have you played much with mario kart tv? Can you write messages on the screen? How much control do you actually have of what is shown in the clips? Can you decide how you're on at each moment or is it random?

Huh. That doesn't make sense. The game throws you in the race as soon as it can.. Watching the race is a great way then you can join friends much more easily etc.
I'm not so sure it does, dazzy. :blank: I always seem to find matches on Nintendo's other online games way quicker, and they blatantly have less players online than MK.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool feature at first (in fact I don't think they should remove it completely, it makes sense when joining friends for example) but getting stuck watching a random race, often from the very beginning gets so annoying after a while. :shakehead

I used to love it on MK7 (although this didn't happen very often at all) when I'd join and it would be right at the end of a race, with the screen fading out already. :D

Hellfire and I tried a worldwide match when we were having problems and only found each other (it's fate!) so...yeah, not many people.

@Ashley you wouldn't happen to have tried using a headset while playing online, would you? Just wondering if they are supported or if we will be forced to use the GamePad mic.

I've been playing Mario Kart 7 online for the past couple of nights and been having a real blast. One race I was last all the way to the final lap and managed to get the right items and blast to first place and cross the finish line. At the other end of the scale, I was first for most the race only to be knocked to last on the final corners. Mario Kart, you gotta love/hate it. :D

@Ashley you wouldn't happen to have tried using a headset while playing online, would you? Just wondering if they are supported or if we will be forced to use the GamePad mic.

I've been playing Mario Kart 7 online for the past couple of nights and been having a real blast. One race I was last all the way to the final lap and managed to get the right items and blast to first place and cross the finish line. At the other end of the scale, I was first for most the race only to be knocked to last on the final corners. Mario Kart, you gotta love/hate it. :D

See, you don't NEED voice chat :)

Is lobby chat enough for you? Will you be joining the league?

See, you don't NEED voice chat :)

Is lobby chat enough for you? Will you be joining the league?

I don't need it but I would like it.

Yeah, probably. I may even join you guys for the couple of races you are having on the Wii and 3DS versions in the coming weeks.

Can't say I did try with a headset. Must say, playing without in game chat just felt hollow and lifeless, completely sucked the joy out of it.

Tell him to come back, miss that dude.

Sign in to follow this