NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Mario Kart 8 |OT| [SPOILERS]

Has it been confirmed yet if player names are back when playing online?

Also, not much interest been shown in this yet

GIF from the infomercial:

ZarCoUv.gif

The amount of detail in the character animation is mind-blowing. :awesome:

Has it been confirmed yet if player names are back when playing online?
Yep. :)

Ddq9hO9.jpg

Edited by RedShell

Hello folks! I'm recording some videos from Mario Kart 8, or as I call it, Mary Kate and I want to know if there are any requests. I can also take screenshots.

N-E can only publish up to 20 minutes of video with 5 minute duration tops, but there's no screenshot limit.

Thanks!

last night Nintendo announced that there will be a Mario Kart 8 app for Smartphones.

BnFCSZoCIAAHxLk.jpg:large

First smart device app will by end of fiscal year with first called Mario Kart TV enabling sharing of game movie and rankings

last night Nintendo announced that there will be a Mario Kart 8 app for Smartphones.

BnFCSZoCIAAHxLk.jpg:large

MK TV app is coming around Mario Kart 8 launch, too :)

This is good news, but hope it'd am all and not a website like miiverse. Also, they said at the end of the fiscal year! Isn't that next March?

This is good news, but hope it'd am all and not a website like miiverse. Also, they said at the end of the fiscal year! Isn't that next March?

That's when more will come by, but the Mario Kart TV one is coming around Mario Kart 8 launch

I still don't understand why you prefer download apps; web app will give access for a wider range of users - I bet this'll still work with PCs, laptops and not just phones and tablets. I think it's a future proof move.

My only concern is that we're seeing a fragmented social network from Nintendo; different games offering differing access to sharing content. I'd rather have seen Nintendo combine all social activity within a single, but still proprietary service.

Setting up an online game against friends:

Voice chat sounds a bit fuzzy. :heh:

No MH3U style buzzing at least... that, or they weren't charging their GamePad at the time. :laughing:

*EDIT*

History of MK vid from Nintendo UK:

Edited by RedShell

Hello folks! I'm recording some videos from Mario Kart 8, or as I call it, Mary Kate and I want to know if there are any requests. I can also take screenshots.

N-E can only publish up to 20 minutes of video with 5 minute duration tops, but there's no screenshot limit.

Thanks!

Bowser Castle Bowser Castle Bowser Castle. 150cc if possible :)

Does anyone know more on mario kart tv? I've seen videos and I've heard positive impressions, but not of how much control you actually have. There seems to be a bit to be honest, but then I see the screen where it says what to focus on and such... But can you manually switch between them in the edit? It seems you can decide when to go slow mo so maybe you can, hope so. More control the better...

Also, I thought I saw somewhere you could put miiverse posts into the video, but not seen anything of this...

I just worry it will be so limited it'll be boring and won't create the videos we want or capture the moments we want to so won't be used.... It could be HUGE though!

An interesting video by NintendoLife. Shows the awesomeness of this game, and shows how MK TV can be used.

Pease be able to write messages on the videos.... Worryingly it doesn't even seem like the names appear.... Weird no site has done a report on it all!

LOOKS LIKE AMAZON GERMANY IS GETTING A STEELBOOK EDITION OF MARIO KART 8

mario_kart_8_steelbook_edition.jpg

Amazon Germany has announced that they have begun stocking a special edition steelbook version of Mario Kart 8. The steelbook edition, which is exclusive to Amazon, retail for 10 Euros more than the standard edition. You can pre-order the Amazon edition now.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/08/looks-like-amazon-germany-is-getting-a-steelbook-edition-of-mario-kart-8/

[TWEET]464154278664232960[/TWEET]

Seems to be the announcement of a US limited edition version of the game, exclusive to the Nintendoworld store in New york

BnII_a9CUAAaQ-h.jpg:large

Limited Edition Bundle exclusive to NintendoWorld

It looks like its just the same as the EU limited edition (Mario Kart plus Blue shell trophy).

^ Ah I can spot a small difference, the case that the game comes in within that limited edition is red isn't it? This isn't the case with our European limited shell edition I don't think.

?ACT=28&f=mario_kart_8_boxart.png&fid=11&d=14377

Bowser Castle Bowser Castle Bowser Castle. 150cc if possible :)

Already recorded that one, it's on the editing table for tomorrow perhaps :P

Thanks!

Try that cheating jump in Wario Stadium please!

Got a review copy of this today, and blasted through all of the cups on 50cc! If anyone else with a copy is up for some online games at any point over the weekend, send me a PM! :)

Sign in to follow this