NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Mario Kart 8 |OT| [SPOILERS]

I'll try online and if no joy I'll start asking other journalists I know and arrange something.

What are the actual game modes involved in this game? Is it the simple "Grand Prix, time trial, multiplayer" or is there some kind of story mode/something else?

How does it work with customising kart parts? Do you unlock parts or are all open from the start?

Single player, multiplayer (both online and off), grand prix, time trial, battle and MK TV if you count that.

Parts are unlocked every 50 coins you get. There are over 52 parts, that's one for every week of the year! *cringes*

Single player, multiplayer (both online and off), grand prix, time trial, battle and MK TV if you count that.

Parts are unlocked every 50 coins you get. There are over 52 parts, that's one for every week of the year! *cringes*

Is the multiplayer 4 or 5 player? Can you take 5 players online like in Sonic Transformed?

Is the game as random as Mario Kart Wii was or is it more skill-focused? MKWii was random as fuck...

4 player and I think only 2 online, but not at home to check.

And it's been ages since I played the Wii version so don't know :p

Just come visit me brah!

I have to ask, what's the menu music like. If I remember correctly in past games the music would add new elements to it the further into the menu selection you got. Is it something similar or totally different this time around?

Is the multiplayer 4 or 5 player? Can you take 5 players online like in Sonic Transformed?

Is the game as random as Mario Kart Wii was or is it more skill-focused? MKWii was random as fuck...

I've read that it's the polar opposite of the Wii version. They know the casuals won't be playing it so they've toned it down a bit. In fact, almost everyone I know that hated MKWii likes this one a lot more.

4 player and I think only 2 online, but not at home to check.

And it's been ages since I played the Wii version so don't know :p

Just come visit me brah!

I may make a trip down, one day. :heh:

I've read that it's the polar opposite of the Wii version. They know the casuals won't be playing it so they've toned it down a bit. In fact, almost everyone I know that hated MKWii likes this one a lot more.

I should bluddy hope so. MKWii was dire, far too random and unexpected for its own good.

What's the difference between Single player and Grand Prix/Time Trial?

I may make a trip down, one day. :heh:

I should bluddy hope so. MKWii was dire, far too random and unexpected for its own good.

I played it once with Zell and thought it was a pile of crap. It was clearly made to be enjoyed with the family, which isn't why I play MK tbh. MK7 was similar although I got a few weeks of enjoyment out of that before never playing it again.

What's the best price people have found online for this game? I'll be damned if I get ripped off by Gamestop. They want €70 for the limited edition game and blue shell and €60 just for the game. No chance! Postage wouldn't be cheap I bet for the LE..

What's the difference between Single player and Grand Prix/Time Trial?

Nothing. Single player contains that, I just phrased it badly.

I hope we can download some challenges in the future like those found in Mario Kart DS and, similarly, New Super Mario Bros U. It's a shame those aren't included from the start, though :hmm:

EUROGAMER CONFIRMS MARIO KART 8 IS 1080P AND 60FPS EVEN IN TWO PLAYER SPLIT SCREEN

Online gaming publication Eurogamer has confirmed that Mario Kart 8 runs*at 1080p and a blistering 60 frames-per-second. The game maintains the resolution and the 60fps even in two player split screen, which is quite impressive. Mario Kart 8 is due for release exclusively on the Wii U on May 30th.

“You probably knew this bit already, but Mario Kart 8 is looking like another polished racer from Nintendo. The game’s visuals are beautiful, 1080p and 60fps even in two-player split-screen, while new characters and weapons such as the Piranha Plant keep things feeling fresh amongst otherwise familiar surroundings.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/05/eurogamer-confirms-mario-kart-8-is-1080p-and-60fps-even-in-two-player-split-screen/

That's really cool news and it'd be nice if that's what they aim for with all future games. The videos look nice but I'd say they don't do the game full justice. I know there's a way of making youtube videos run at 60fps but not exactly sure how.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/05/eurogamer-confirms-mario-kart-8-is-1080p-and-60fps-even-in-two-player-split-screen/

That's really cool news and it'd be nice if that's what they aim for with all future games. The videos look nice but I'd say they don't do the game full justice. I know there's a way of making youtube videos run at 60fps but not exactly sure how.

Just to clarify, it does NOT run natively at 1080p, it's 720p.

But worth it for the 60 fps.

Just to clarify, it does NOT run natively at 1080p, it's 720p.

But worth it for the 60 fps.

Locked 60fps @ 720p is much better than varying fps at 1080p :) Hell, I'd argue it's better than 1080p30fps

Locked 60fps @ 720p is much better than varying fps at 1080p :) Hell, I'd argue it's better than 1080p30fps

I never said it wasn't. I'm just saying it's not 1080p as that article suggests. 60fps is the most important thing with any racing game.

Pretty awesome achievement though! It's currently the best looking game I've seen BUT E3 will likely change that :heh:

Moo Moo Farm (or whatever it's called) is easily the best looking track.

This is purely for peace of mind, the Turbo start... is it between the second and third starting lights or has it been changed yet again? :heh:

Japanese Infomercial:

TV ads:

:bouncy:

This is purely for peace of mind, the Turbo start... is it between the second and third starting lights or has it been changed yet again? :heh:
It's the same, judging by the vids I've seen at least. :hehe:

GameXplain have made a couple of track comparison videos:

Sign in to follow this