NEurope
Cube

Nintendo Direct - Tuesday 8th at 11pm

Including the pokeballs

That's a bit silly. PokéBalls have always been in Smash Bros.

I hope Jigglypuff is still in the game as she is so incredibly unique but no more please, Sakurai!

Since the 3DS version is coming first we'll know the complete roster by E3 at the latest then.

Even 4 is too many, it's meant to be the breath of Nintendo, not 30% Pokemon and then the rest! 2 tops and the pokeballs is still huge representation!

To be fair, there were 4 in Melee ( Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pikachu and Pichu ) and 4 in Brawl ( Trainer, Lucario, Pikchu, Jigglypuff ). We have 4 now, so i'm just hoping it's not upped any further.

To be fair, there were 4 in Melee ( Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pikachu and Pichu ) and 4 in Brawl ( Trainer, Lucario, Pikchu, Jigglypuff ). We have 4 now, so i'm just hoping it's not upped any further.

Technically 6 since Pokémon Trainer was three characters in one.

I reckon it should match Mario's spread of 5 (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina). Roll on Mewtwo.

That's a bit silly. PokéBalls have always been in Smash Bros.

Huh, so, what's that got to do with anything? I haven't said they've added more in this game. Just think there's already too much! Any more would be ridiculous.

Yeah, and I thought there were too many in them too :)

Yeah, but he was just one slot taken, not three.

I reckon it should match Mario's spread of 5 (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina). Roll on Mewtwo.

No way. Mario IS Nintendo. Pokemon is just another franchise, plus, they don't have mario balls spitting out mario characters!

No way. Mario IS Nintendo. Pokemon is just another franchise, plus, they don't have mario balls spitting out mario characters!

Pokémon is likely to take over Mario as the top selling video game franchise of all time within the next 3 or so years. Pokémon is huge. It is not just another franchise.

Yeah, the additional Pokemon are a bit eh. Really? More Pokemon? Then again, I have no idea who Little Mac is so my nostalgia has been run through by this point. Not really sure about Sheik and Zero Suit Samus - they were great as variants and I really liked how they were incorporated, but I guess it makes sense.

The rest of the game look pretty fantastic otherwise.

Also really weird that this is coming out on the 3DS first. Can't help but think that's a huge show of no confidence in the Wii U.

Pokémon is likely to take over Mario as the top selling video game franchise of all time within the next 3 or so years. Pokémon is huge. It is not just another franchise.

Why don't they put gta characters in then if that's what it's about.

And funny that you're arguing Pokemon is becoming a morrow important Nintendo franchise, yet when you argue against a Pokemon Wii u for business reasons you argue Pokemon isn't Nintendo it's game freak...

I don't care how popular it is. It shouldn't be as represented as mario, never mind more. Mario is Nintendo, you don't like mario you're not really going to like Nintendo. Pokemon is something very different... You don't like Pokemon you still have to subjected to insane amount of Pokemon, when all the other franchises are represented in a small way. I didn't know who the heck marth or ike were, didn't matter as they were just a slice of Nintendo in the game (love fire emblem now)... It's just too much for me. I don't mind some of it, annoyingly it actually really liked Pokemon trainer as he was so different. Greninja, never heard of him, but he looks phenomanlly dull.

Yeah, the additional Pokemon are a bit eh. Really? More Pokemon? Then again, I have no idea who Little Mac is so my nostalgia has been run through by this point. Not really sure about Sheik and Zero Suit Samus - they were great as variants and I really liked how they were incorporated, but I guess it makes sense.

The rest of the game look pretty fantastic otherwise.

Also really weird that this is coming out on the 3DS first. Can't help but think that's a huge show of no confidence in the Wii U.

You don't know who little mac is? Bloomin' Nora!

As for no show, I have no idea how you reach this conclusion. For you to think that you either think they're just pushing it back for pushing to give the 3ds the limelight, or putting more resources into the 3ds version. Both are every strange conclusions. I just think it's as simple as the 3ds version is more insole to make, and the opposite of what say in that they want the Wii u version to be as incredible as it can possibly so giving it more time.

They can stay in their franchise for all I care. The perfect amount of Pokémon in Smash for me would be a big fat 0. I've never liked them. They're fine as an assist trophy but even as that they're overkill in previous Smash games.

Weird decision to release the 3DS version first. You would think they would want the Wii U version out first as a bit of a head start and to boost sales. I can imagine a lot of people will just get the 3DS version and now ignore the Wii U version.

I however will be getting the Wii U version. Game looks awesome!

Pokemon trainer was a cool idea, and ran a bit of nostalgia being the original 3's pokemons(or evolutions thereof), but yeah I'm wholly non-plussed for more/other pokemon. No idea who that new one in it is, don't particularly care neither! If he/she/it plays well then so be it, but would have liked to see a few new characters that I vibe with at least.

As for no show, I have no idea how you reach this conclusion. For you to think that you either think they're just pushing it back for pushing to give the 3ds the limelight, or putting more resources into the 3ds version. Both are every strange conclusions. I just think it's as simple as the 3ds version is more insole to make, and the opposite of what say in that they want the Wii u version to be as incredible as it can possibly so giving it more time.

They may try to use the 3DS sales to guage popularity and resultant production? Iono. They won't want to underprint, but they certainly won't want to overprint neither.

I'm looking forward to it. I hope some of the classic characters like Ice Climbers, Captain Folcon, Jigglypuff ect are unlockable and take part in this one. What a tease. Super Smash is awesome for customizing so I know that I'll really enjoy it.

You don't know who little mac is? Bloomin' Nora!

I've never played Punch Out. Isn't that a SNES game? I never had a SNES.

Reached my conclusion pretty easy. Games are release simultaneously across multiple platforms so they can capitalise on the same wave of hype and save costs by doing one big push with marketing. It doesn't make any sense to release one version after the other. It's part of why Microsoft have a clause in their indie game contracts about releasing day and date with other platforms (unless Xbox exclusive content is created), it's why something like Rayman Legends got pushed back on the Wii U even though it was finish, and it's why a lot of third-party games on the Wii U miss release date parity with other platforms.

Is there any good reason why they wouldn't release it simultaneously? Surely they'd want to bolster the Wii U with a new game, not what could be perceived to be sloppy seconds.

Likewise, but unlike you, I didn't enjoy using Samus/ZSS at all so I gave up on her, but I'm a big fan of the changes they made to her character and now she's going to join my team.

She's a badass inside a badass.

I really like her design in this. Makes me want a Wii U Metroid game though.

Marth and ZSS look like they will be my "mains" so far.

What if it isn't about Wii U - what if they hope it might sell some 3DSes and more 3DS copies? You want 4 player 3DS smash you need 4x3DS+4xcopy of smash. Multiplayer Wii U smash only needs 1 WiiU+Smash. I'll be getting both no doubt, but I don't know about my smash brothers(2 have 3DSes at least) - that 4th man could be a console+game sale right there.

What if it isn't about Wii U - what if they hope it might sell some 3DSes and more 3DS copies? You want 4 player 3DS smash you need 4x3DS+4xcopy of smash. Multiplayer Wii U smash only needs 1 WiiU+Smash. I'll be getting both no doubt, but I don't know about my smash brothers(2 have 3DSes at least) - that 4th man could be a console+game sale right there.

Yeah, even I'm tempted to pick up a 3DS and a copy of the game to play Ine. The thing that'll sell it for me is the release date. If it comes out in June, I will get this. No doubt.

Will be playing both versions, though. There looks to be enough differences between the two to justify it.

Why don't they put gta characters in then if that's what it's about.

And funny that you're arguing Pokemon is becoming a morrow important Nintendo franchise, yet when you argue against a Pokemon Wii u for business reasons you argue Pokemon isn't Nintendo it's game freak...

I don't care how popular it is. It shouldn't be as represented as mario, never mind more. Mario is Nintendo, you don't like mario you're not really going to like Nintendo. Pokemon is something very different... You don't like Pokemon you still have to subjected to insane amount of Pokemon, when all the other franchises are represented in a small way. I didn't know who the heck marth or ike were, didn't matter as they were just a slice of Nintendo in the game (love fire emblem now)... It's just too much for me. I don't mind some of it, annoyingly it actually really liked Pokemon trainer as he was so different. Greninja, never heard of him, but he looks phenomanlly dull.

Why don't they add GTA characters? Hmm, I don't know, how about because Nintendo owns the bloody Pokémon franchise and not GTA.

Pokémon is a big part of Nintendo. Hell, Pokémon is what kept Nintendo alive in the late 90s. Stop downplaying its position in Nintendo-dom

Edited by Serebii

I've never played Punch Out. Isn't that a SNES game? I never had a SNES.

Reached my conclusion pretty easy. Games are release simultaneously across multiple platforms so they can capitalise on the same wave of hype and save costs by doing one big push with marketing. It doesn't make any sense to release one version after the other. It's part of why Microsoft have a clause in their indie game contracts about releasing day and date with other platforms (unless Xbox exclusive content is created), it's why something like Rayman Legends got pushed back on the Wii U even though it was finish, and it's why a lot of third-party games on the Wii U miss release date parity with other platforms.

Is there any good reason why they wouldn't release it simultaneously? Surely they'd want to bolster the Wii U with a new game, not what could be perceived to be sloppy seconds.

The 3DS and Wii U games are completely separate games that happen to share characters and link together (not unlike the Zelda Oracle games on GBC). They're not just two different versions of the same game like a typical multiplatform title.

It's just a matter of the 3DS game being ready for release sooner than the Wii U one. Not unsurprising, considering the additional manpower requirements for a HD game. What I and many others were expecting was to see staff pulled off the 3DS game in order to get the Wii U one out quicker. The fact that this hasn't happened is what is surprising! (Nor did I think they could get the 3DS one out so early and still get the Wii U game out within 2014. I severely underestimated Namco/Nintendo!)

Edited by Dcubed

They can stay in their franchise for all I care. The perfect amount of Pokémon in Smash for me would be a big fat 0. I've never liked them. They're fine as an assist trophy but even as that they're overkill in previous Smash games.

I have to assume you're attempting to troll me. Perhaps I was too hasty in removing you from my ignore list.

It's just a matter of the 3DS game being ready for release sooner than the Wii U one. Not unsurprising, considering the additional manpower requirements for a HD game. What I and many others were expecting was to see staff pulled off the 3DS game in order to get the Wii U one out quicker. The fact that this hasn't happened is what is surprising! (Nor did I think they could get the 3DS one out so early and still get the Wii U game out within 2014. I severely underestimated Namco/Nintendo!)

Yeah, this is the most puzzling part. The Wii U has been getting flak from all sides for ages now and you would have thought that it would have had priority over the 3DS version. Also, if they had Mario Kart in May and then this in Summer that would have helped keep the momentum going, something which the console has really struggled to do.

I'm sure there will be something in the Summer but I doubt it will be anything to the level of Smash Bros.