NEurope
Cube

Nintendo Direct - Tuesday 8th at 11pm

Oh my God, that was an awesome direct.

-Megaman Final Smash is awesome;

-Removed transformations means that ZSS is her own character :yay: Also, Zelda is buffed :);

-Unfortunately, Pokémon Trainer seems to be out, maybe Squirtle & Ivysaur as well :( On the plus side, Greninja looks pretty darn cool;

-Midna, Dark Samus and Pong are Assist Trophies, nice :)! Saki and Lyn as well :(

-Ridley is...still not 100% disconfirmed is how I choose to see it :heh:

-Different Final Destinations, that's pretty sweet!

-Smash Run sounds so Fun;

-Customizable Moves!

-Fireball Sword!

I swear, this was awesome.

A bit frustrated with the 'For Glory' option...Firstly because the name (and 'For Fun') imply competitive players don't play for fun but secondly, does that mean the only '1 on 1, no-items' setting HAS to be on Final Destination? That's a big kick in the teeth for competitive players.

Luckily, this seems like the sort of thing that can be patched to include Battlefield. Plus, it's only the Online mode that's affected by this.

They could've made it only stages that were cool with both players could appear, though.

The only big question I had left is going to be answered later (Wii U/3DS interaction).

Thought it was an excellent direct overall.

Pokemon has been irrelevant to me since Generation 2. :p

Sakurai is one smooth motherfucker. Nintendo need to get him to create EVERYTHING. The amount of depth in this is superb.

Have to agree on that. I had no idea Greninja was even a popular thing, and I had it as my evolved starter Pokemon last game. Did anyone really like Greninja or think much of it?

The game looks good, shame that I see no Lloyd/Kratos/Shulk though. Needs more humanity to balance out the fur fest going on.

Me game and watch where are you my friend :(

I'm 91.1% certain a new f zero game is coming at e3, and they will also mention captain falcon is returning to smash then ;)?

Have to agree on that. I had no idea Greninja was even a popular thing, and I had it as my evolved starter Pokemon last game. Did anyone really like Greninja or think much of it?

The game looks good, shame that I see no Lloyd/Kratos/Shulk though. Needs more humanity to balance out the fur fest going on.

Shulk would have been killer. With dat Monado. Or even REYN. Oh God...

Yeah, I get the feeling that Little Mac was added to give this game more of a human element. Maybe even Zero Suit Samus, too.

Shulk and a Xenoblade stage...maybe Prison Island? Or on the Bionis somewhere, in the fields, on a ledge.

You could say the same for Ice Climbers, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus and Pit's redesign, really. I'm thinking Sakurai just picks whatever inspires him the most.

Oh man, just realised there's no Jigglypuff there. Sad times.

This is like Roy all over again.

Maybe Sakurai is saving some of the big name newcomers for a later date. E3 perhaps?

v9YHGD2.jpg

One thing just struck me looking at that list.

Not enough villains. There's a few too many "good guys" in my opinion. Bowser and DeDeDe are the only two that I spot on that.

Oh man, just realised there's no Jigglypuff there. Sad times.

This is like Roy all over again.

But why the negativity? When can Nintendo do something good in your eyes?

Guys, that isn't the final roster :heh: Captain Falcon isn't even there yet.

Ya, there will no doubt be more. Still, it would be good to have a hero and a villain from the big Nintendo games. Mario-Bower, Link-Ganondorf, Kirby-DeDeDe and MetaKnight, Samus-one of either Ridley, Kraid, Motherbrain, Space Pirate, etc.

Tell that to Josh from the BitBlock.

DebLOE2.png

DebLOE2.png

Who? :p

3DS version looks sweet. I'm sold on that now. Both versions look equally great.

DebLOE2.png

Er ok... I don't agree with anything that he posted just there.

It's gonna be weird knowing the entire character roster (including hidden characters) months in advance of the Wii U game's release...

I wonder if they have any plans to rectify this?

But why the negativity? When can Nintendo do something good in your eyes?

You kidding me?

A Link Between Worlds.

That shit was done right. They took an old style of game and mixed it up, letting you go where you wanted. It was basically a slice of a tasty old school, unadulterated Zelda pie. Yum.

As soon as Nintendo modify their turdacious to bodacious output ratio, you'll see more of them sweet gems coming your way.

It won't be all dedicated to Smash Bros. More X please.

The Smash Bros Direct won't all be dedicated to Smash Bros? :heh:

So there's still more to come? What do people think of the chances of at least one more new character from the following: Fire Emblem, Golden Sun or Xenoblade?

So there's still more to come? What do people think of the chances of at least one more new character from the following: Fire Emblem, Golden Sun or Xenoblade?

I'd say the chances are good for Xenoblade and Fire Emblem but they have to leave us some surprises. No more Pokémon though please. I've no time for them and that Jar Jar Stinks wannabe at the end.

I'm really confused about their way of dividing up the competitive aspects of it. It feels a little too much like they want every one to feel like they've won something at the expense of truly competitive players.

You may have a higher score than hundreds of thousands of people, but how do you know if you're highest? You may want to play competitively with both wins and losses counted, why are you locked into For Glory? Millions of people played the shit out of COD last generation and that thing tracked pretty much everything, all the way down to Kill/Death ratio. I didn't see or hear about any one put off playing by a low K/D. I know this is a silly thing to argue about, but this is a classic case of Nintendo doing things their own way at times that they really don't need to.

But talking slightly about the competitive side of things, I wonder if Nintendo plans to release any wired form of control for the Wii U. Quite a lot of Melee players have actually come out with positive things to say about the new Smash Bros and the potential for it to replace Melee as the lead, competitive Smash title, but there are still concerns about the controller issue as wireless in tournament scenarios are a complete no go.

I'm really confused about their way of dividing up the competitive aspects of it. It feels a little too much like they want every one to feel like they've won something at the expense of truly competitive players.

You may have a higher score than hundreds of thousands of people, but how do you know if you're highest? You may want to play competitively with both wins and losses counted, why are you locked into For Glory? Millions of people played the shit out of COD last generation and that thing tracked pretty much everything, all the way down to Kill/Death ratio. I didn't see or hear about any one put off playing by a low K/D. I know this is a silly thing to argue about, but this is a classic case of Nintendo doing things their own way at times that they really don't need to.

But talking slightly about the competitive side of things, I wonder if Nintendo plans to release any wired form of control for the Wii U. Quite a lot of Melee players have actually come out with positive things to say about the new Smash Bros and the potential for it to replace Melee as the lead, competitive Smash title, but there are still concerns about the controller issue as wireless in tournament scenarios are a complete no go.

I did wonder that myself at the time? How will I know when I'm the best in the World? And yes it will happen!