NEurope
Cube

Nintendo Direct - Tuesday 8th at 11pm

Metroid could do with some more representation. I'd love a Ridley character in the game. Or even MOTHER BRAIN. Hnnnnnnngggg.

One of those two would be fantastic. Or both. Sheeeet.

I get the feeling Metroid is not really an area where Nintendo give too much of a shit. No DS game (Hunters, nobody cares about you), no 3DS game thus far, no N64 game, not a hint of a Wii U game so far.

Mother Brain is an Assist Trophy

eMUXhdM.jpg

As is a standard Metroid

Mother Brain is an Assist Trophy

eMUXhdM.jpg

As is a standard Metroid

Aw well, guess that dream is dead.

Aw well, guess that dream is dead.

How could Mother Brain have been a playable character, though? No limbs...

How could Mother Brain have been a playable character, though? No limbs...

Do you even Super Metroid, brah?

Ridley is what they always want. If Ridley is a playable character, GAF will explode in happiness. If Ridley is an Assist Trophy, GAF will explode in venomous rage

Ah I see! Remember hearing about people really against the idea so presumed it was them.

I would love to see these characters make an appearance as playable characters at one point:

Yoshi (with baby mario on back), Chrom (or even better, Lucina), Tingle, Wonder Red, Alph/Brittany/Captain and Chibi Robo! (wishfull thinking on that last one hehe)

Assist trophies that I would love: Flipnote studio frog, King of Red Lions, Loftwing, Chibi Robo, Tom Nook, Ravio, Trixie kong

Anyways, can't wait for tonight. I'll probably watch the US youtube stream, since european Ustream was a horror last time hehe.

Edited by M_rock

Ridley as a playable character? There's as much chance of that as the Giants from Majora's Mask being in. ie. zero.

Ridley as a playable character? There's as much chance of that as the Giants from Majora's Mask being in. ie. zero.

Why is that? Are you going to use the "scaling" argument, where Ridley should be omitted due to his size?

There needs to be more representation from the Metroid universe.

Why is that? Are you going to use the "scaling" argument, where Ridley should be omitted due to his size?

There needs to be more representation from the Metroid universe.

When you select Samus, just pretend you're playing as SA-X from Metroid Fusion :p

You know what? I LOVE you guys! Moments like anticipating this Smash Direct is what its all about, when we all come together

- Black and white, gay and straight, protestant and catholic, Nazi and Jew... Americans -

To appreciate the finer things in life and share our passion for this seemingly pointless hobby we call 'Moah Games'.

:heart::)

not a hint of a Wii U game so far.

You sure about that?

5wZ2tX8.jpg

Don't you remember the Samus pin at the VGX!

You sure about that?

5wZ2tX8.jpg

Don't you remember the Samus pin at the VGX!

Metroid Blast DLC

If anyone wants to do me a favour it would be appreciated, and post a link to the Youtube video on my wall as I don't want to be spoiled before watching it.

Think there could be a new game announcement to soften the blow of a delay. Looking forward to it either way, hopefully right after Chelsea get dumped out of the Champions League.

I reckon a September/October release on Wii U, the 3DS one maybe in December or something like that.

Metroid Blast DLC

Or Dr. Samus (Dr.Luigi with an orange interface)

Or Dr. Samus

If Ms Samus Aran was a doctor, I wouldn't mind being seen by her...

...amiright? :heh:

skulks away back into the shadows until 11pm... :p

Seriously Nintendo, screw you for making this so late :heh:

So, what's the betting on any form of "Please understand"?

I'm hoping this stream hypes me for Smash, as I'm not feeling it so far. I think this may be a habit formed from Brawl though, as I was never hyped as I knew I wouldn't be getting it for a while and when I did get my hands on it, my opinion wasn't too high of it.

Last minute predictions?

Here's mine, with a ridiculous grasp at logic

This morning, we got this picture of the day

zlCfzRwo4GoorRJcwo

This picture shows Pikachu as well as the three different kids of crates, and was teasing the Nintendo Direct tonight.

Typically, each month, we get one or two character reveals. We had zero in the month of March, indicating something big was coming.

Now, each of these crates is different, but in Brawl you could never have each of the crates in one level, but all three are here. Obviously for screenshot purposes, but there could be a hidden meaning.

First, we have an old wooden crate. Perhaps symbolising a veteran. Next to it, a futuristic crate, perhaps symbolising a newcomer and next to that is a present, possibly symbolising something surprising.

Now, the picture could have easily just had the crates in the picture with no character, but on top of the veteran crate is Pikachu, a Pokémon.

So, my ridiculously "logically" concluded speculation

Veteran: Mewtwo

Newcomer: Mii

Surprise: Pac-man

We'll also get the release period and details on the single player and online features.

Yes, I realise my post is ridiculous :p

Last minute predictions?

Here's mine, with a ridiculous grasp at logic

This morning, we got this picture of the day

zlCfzRwo4GoorRJcwo

This picture shows Pikachu as well as the three different kids of crates, and was teasing the Nintendo Direct tonight.

Typically, each month, we get one or two character reveals. We had zero in the month of March, indicating something big was coming.

Now, each of these crates is different, but in Brawl you could never have each of the crates in one level, but all three are here. Obviously for screenshot purposes, but there could be a hidden meaning.

First, we have an old wooden crate. Perhaps symbolising a veteran. Next to it, a futuristic crate, perhaps symbolising a newcomer and next to that is a present, possibly symbolising something surprising.

Now, the picture could have easily just had the crates in the picture with no character, but on top of the veteran crate is Pikachu, a Pokémon.

So, my ridiculously "logically" concluded speculation

Veteran: Mewtwo

Newcomer: Mii

Surprise: Pac-man

We'll also get the release period and details on the single player and online features.

Yes, I realise my post is ridiculous :p

Ridiculous? It's probably the only thing that's made sense you've posted all day :)

Not that crazy considering Mii and Pac-Man have been predicted by many. We even had that leak from that Gamefaqs dude last year which was has been right about all the characters so far.

I would actually love mii as a character! Surely it'd be haaaaaaaaard for collision detection though with infinite possibilities....