NEurope
Cube

Nintendo Direct - Tuesday 8th at 11pm

Smash is the most anticipated Wii U game, post-Smash? :heh:

Sorry... Work. Friday. Lets agree on 'one of the most anticipated Wii U games so far'...?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if they want to detail Smash Bros so much before E3, it might mean this year's Q4 line-up is better than we've had reason to believe so far.

Anyway, great that it's on at 11pm!

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if they want to detail Smash Bros so much before E3, it might mean this year's Q4 line-up is better than we've had reason to believe so far.

Anyway, great that it's on at 11pm!

I came to the same conclusion :)

Nooo, why didn't they announce it on Monday. Going to be hyped all weekend.

Release date has got to be announced right if they are focusing on Smash. Right?

Bloody hope so! I did NOT know this was a smash direct until just now and now...I AM EXCITED :bouncy:

Show us some smashy smashy goodness, some interlinking console features, bits, bobs aaaaaaand then BAM! Release date! 30th May! Worldwiiiiide! Smash Bros Wii U Bundle, Smash Bros WiiU+3DS bundle, Smash Bros 3DS Bundle....alll available worldwide on 30th May 2014! Or maybe like 6th June or something to avoid MK(nice birthday treat for me). I NEEEEED this this summer.

I can dream...:(

An amazing trailer, followed by: "We need just a little more time to complete this game. Please understand." Boom. Smash bros delayed to 2015.

Still can't understand this direct. Why a week after a mario kart blitz? Why not wait a bit for a steady stream of news? Unless the release date is much earlier than expected this makes no sense at all.

If it's still coming out at Christmas and this is just a news explosion, then they're shooting their load way too early!

Still can't understand this direct. Why a week after a mario kart blitz? Why not wait a bit for a steady stream of news? Unless the release date is much earlier than expected this makes no sense at all.

If it's still coming out at Christmas and this is just a news explosion, then they're shooting their load way too early!

There's bound to be a reason :)

Starting to think the release date could be June/July due to the timing of the Direct. There's 2 months to E3, why not wait until then? It's happening before the release of another major title release we could have had a Direct for. Seems odd to have a Smash focused Direct if it wasn't due soon.

its because of the Raiden vo leak, i'm placing my bets, this has been stripped form a larger direct planned for the end of the month, to preempt the leaks becoming main stream and people realising an MGS character is in smash and what that means or could mean

if it ain't that i'm with Dazzy what the hell is this about?

Starting to think the release date could be June/July due to the timing of the Direct. There's 2 months to E3, why not wait until then? It's happening before the release of another major title release we could have had a Direct for. Seems odd to have a Smash focused Direct if it wasn't due soon.

I would love that to be true. It does actually make a lot of sense. Too much sense for that to be true. So, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that it isn't going to be about that. We'll most likely get a new character reveal or something. One or two new features of the game, a few things that we knew about already and maybe some details of the online.

Release date won't be given. We'll get it "later this year" and that'll be it.

That'll be my guess. :p

its because of the Raiden vo leak, i'm placing my bets, this has been stripped form a larger direct planned for the end of the month, to preempt the leaks becoming main stream and people realising an MGS character is in smash and what that means or could mean

Hmm. Has Nintendo ever used motion capture before? Would they use it for Smash Bros?

Hmm. Has Nintendo ever used motion capture before? Would they use it for Smash Bros?

Countless times. Hell, they were doing it for Pikachu in the upcoming 3DS game: Great Detective Pikachu

I would love that to be true. It does actually make a lot of sense. Too much sense for that to be true. So, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that it isn't going to be about that. We'll most likely get a new character reveal or something. One or two new features of the game, a few things that we knew about already and maybe some details of the online.

Yeah nice and conservative. More info, online info, a new character or two - but no release. Best to go in to the Direct 'ignorant'.

I'm hoping that they do the release date the same way the Wonderful 101 Direct did, to jam it into people's heads that it's not delayed and coming soon :p

this has been stripped form a larger direct planned for the end of the month

We where due one round about now anyway, it's been nearly 2 months since the last one, it would have been 2 months exactly this Thursday. Then in 2 months it's E3.

It's probably wishful thinking on my part, that's what happens when they announce it days before hand. :p

Timing is still odd though, even though Mario Kart is out sooner and despite the press blowout last week we still aren't entirely sure about what modes are included.

Ah well, shall find out tomorrow anyway.

Give us an online demo to tide us over Nintendo. Six of the usual regulars, two "test" arenas, maybe promote it as some sort of online stress test to show you're serious about online working right this time.

That would tick the drought box and also get people hyped. Hell, it might even sell a few systems.

Just make it clear the test will be ending a month or so before the full game launches. That way anyone burned out on the demo will have a full month to cave in and buy the full retail game. Everyone will anyway.

Give us an online demo to tide us over Nintendo. Six of the usual regulars, two "test" arenas, maybe promote it as some sort of online stress test to show you're serious about online working right this time.

That would tick the drought box and also get people hyped. Hell, it might even sell a few systems.

Just make it clear the test will be ending a month or so before the full game launches. That way anyone burned out on the demo will have a full month to cave in and buy the full retail game. Everyone will anyway.

They could make it like the mk/mk8 deal. Buy a cut down version now, get money off the full version later.

christian-nodding.gif

Yeah. Nintendo should do this with WiiU software.

They had a golden (banana) opportunity to put a VC DKC game in with Tropical Freeze too to add some extra value to the purchase. But they seem to miss the obvious marketing opportunities in front of them. :indeed:

At least with the recent Mario Kart SNES deal, they seem to be thinking progressively.

23hrs & 58 minutes until Smash Bros. Direct.

I won't be able to sleep until it's done.

i4JCCpQJpnUaY.gif

NoA tweet about the ND.

Launch window? I guess they still really haven't got a solid date pinned down yet then.

"Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS will be released sometime between June 2014 and July 2015".

i4JCCpQJpnUaY.gif

NoA tweet about the ND.

Launch window? I guess they still really haven't got a solid date pinned down yet then.

Pretty much what Sakurai said this morning. Relax :)

Pretty much what Sakurai said this morning. Relax :)

Who said I was stressed? Just pointing out that NoA are confirming no release date has been set.

I see NoE are using UStream again for the Direct. Great.....

I see NoE are using UStream again for the Direct. Great.....

We need a plan B.