NEurope
Cube

April Fools

1978884_686678934703741_1228963569_n_zpsf7520e9b.jpg

You can now buy ice cream in tubs made of ice, thanks to one Aberdeenshire firm.

Mackie's, who make both ice cubes and ice cream, have combined the two ranges to create environmentally friendly packaging.

Kirstin Mackie, development director, said: ''This is such a good idea - we cannot think why this has not occurred to us or other people in the frozen food industry before, imagine the waste in plastic and cardboard packaging that could be removed from our freezer aisles.

''For example, frozen peas could be bought in a block and placed immediately into boiling water.''

On a similar note...

Press-Release-560x373.jpg

So here’s the story behind the box: we found out recently, through conducting customer surveys, that the crust is overwhelmingly the most popular part of the pizza experience, and also that the majority of Domino’s devotees crave extra crust once they’ve finished their meal. These findings, along with our love of surprising people and pushing boundaries, led us to the Edibox. With every future Domino’s delivery, you’ll see the Edibox upgrade option: double the dough to enjoy alongside double the glorious garlic and herb dip. And the best bit? You won’t have to fight to fit that square box into a round bin – this is a waste-free dining experience.

Sarah from Scousecran, a renowned foodie blog up in Liverpool, was involved in the development of the box, from conception all the way through to the final working prototype. We caught up with her on the eve of the launch, and here’s what she had to say: ‘It’s been such a blast being involved in developing the Edibox. It was a pretty tough task – pizza dough is known for being particularly tricky to handle – so we had to be super patient and work together as a team. But what we’ve created is fantastic: it’s fun, eco-friendly and filling. What more could you ask from a pizza box? I can’t wait to hear what people think of it.’

I opened this email this morning and for a few moments I was looking forward to trying it, then I remembered what day it was :(

And they're more likely to be true and better researched than Cracked's non-April Fools lists.

On one forum I went to, they turned into a Justin Bieber fanclub and announced that Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes were confirmed. Things escalated quickly.