NEurope
welsh_gamer

Wii U NEW Software Drought - What will you be playing?

There's a good two months to go until the next must have retail release is with us at the end of May, so it looks like we're in a bit of a new software drought. :rolleyes:

Will you be using your Wii U much or at all during this time or will you go elsewhere for your gaming fix? Do you have a backlog of titles to play, will you be hoping that some of those much anticipated eShop games finally come out, or will you just use it as a Internet/Netflix browser?

The Wii U is my main home console, so I still intend to be occupied with it over the next two months. Today, I won a copy of Wind Waker HD on eBay for £20, plus I'm hoping to get Scribblenauts Unlimited for a similar price soon, and have been thinking about replaying ZombiU and Batman Arkham City too, so my Wii U should be powered on quite regularly. I've only recently got round to moving my Wii content onto the Wii U, so since completing Tropical Freeze, I have been meaning to revist the Donkey Kong Country games, and a few other retro games, so that should be fun too!

In terms of playing on the Wii U, I'm on playing Xenoblade at the moment. Also, starting this week we see the release of some quality GBA games on a weekly basis, which I will be delving into. I still have a Disney Infinity play set to start and finish as well as Scribblenauts to start.

Plenty to crack on with. :D

Well, Lego The Hobbit comes out in two weeks, so not that much of a drought. Then, two weeks later NES Remix 2 comes. Not to mention GBA Virtual Console games. From the 8 we know we're getting this month, I'm getting Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Yoshi's Island & F-Zero :)

I have plenty to play at the moment...

Wii U - Zelda, Pikmin 3, Deus Ex (when I feel like finishing them)

3DS - Kirby Triple Deluxe (Reviewing at the moment so will be playing it a lot)

PS4 - inFamous Second Son (Evil playthrough to finish plus Paper Trail missions)

PS3 - ALL of the 'Tales of...' games (I'm planning on playing them all subsequently)

The Sly Trilogy (will get around to playing these eventually)

Ico/Sotc HD (another two classics I shall delve into someday soon)

Okami HD (will be starting this again one day)

ALL the Final Fantasy games (for when I feel like playing them)

Xbox 360 - Bioshock Infinite (I might finish it this year, you never know)

Numerous sealed games that I can't be bothered to list... :indeed:

Virtual Console - Reviewing all, playing any that I've become unfamiliar with or just want to play again, this will probably include a good few of the GBA titles.

...yeah I think I'm good for having games to play. :heh:

I'm playing my PS3.

I ended up buying a bunch of games I'd have really not considered for Wii, simply due to the inconsistent releases. I'm fucked if i'm doing that again.

Mine will remain collection dust until MK. Although, do we know yet when Scribblenauts DC is making an appearance?

My Wii U is in hibernation until Mario Kart 8, then I play catchup with the huge backlog of games I have not touched properly ever since early November last year (including SM3DW)

Likewise I'm doing the same thing with the 3DS, not because there is a big drought there per say (it was more out of necessity last year since I just didn't have enough time to play them all!) but because June feels like a good time to go all out on playing games on my Nintendo consoles :D

So if there is another drought after Mario Kart 8, I'll have more than enough 3DS and Wii U games to keep me entertained for the rest of the year from my backlog alone! (Mario & Luigi DT, DRW The Last Ranger, Denpa Men 2, Bravely Default, Ace Attorney DD, Layton 6, LaytonvsAA, SM3DW, NES Remix, DKCTF, Deux Ex HR and many more!)

In the meantime, I'm taking the chance to catch up on some retro Sega games (Saturn and Dreamcast) and a few PS1 and PS3 games that I haven't played yet (oh and there was South Park TSOT, which is utterly brilliant BTW!)

Edited by Dcubed

I've got Rayman and Splinter Cell to start and Mario, Sonic, ZombiU and WWHD to finish so I've plenty to game on. I'm still to pick up DKCR:TF too!

Edited by Kav

I'm playing Xenoblade at the minute.

I've got to start/complete...

W101

Mario 3D World

Zombi U

Mass Effect 3

DK Tropical Freeze

Dark Siders 2

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Also got quite a few games that I want to pick up too.

I'm not sure why, perhaps I was making up for all the GameCube games I couldn't afford when I was a teen, but I went on a mad Wii U spending spree last year, picking up pretty much every big release.

I love playing games too but I'm lazier than I used to be and tend to play just an hour-ish a night before watching tv/reddit or picking apples and fishing in Animal Crossing (AC doesn't count as a game and more a way of life) - So I have LOADS of catching up to do.

Games to finish:

Nintendo Land (Though it's basically done, just getting the medals and shit so doesn't really count)

Lego City Undercover - Really liked it but didn't play much at all so it's pretty much a new title

Pikmin 3 - Played about halfway through and really enjoyed but then got disturbed by and left because of...

The Wonderful 101 - One of my favourite titles on the system but alas, I got to about Level (zone? World?) 4 before being distrupted by....

RAYMAN LEGENDS - Beautiful graphics and music but I was getting tired of 2D platformers at the time and got to about World 3 because of...

New super Luigi U! - Got to about World 5, I despised NSMBU but the difficulty and shorter levels made this one a lot more fun :D

Wind Waker HD - My favourite Zelda title by far, and looks incredible in HD. I was just about to get to underwater Hyrule when I thought I'd take a quick break (as in, never go back to) because of the release of...

SONIC LOST WORLD - I had left it at the Ice World but with this weeks Zelda DLC I've gone back to it and I think I'm just a few levels from the end! I'd hope so judging by the difficulty anyway :p

Super Mario 3D World - Doesn't really count 'cause I played the shit out of this, I just need to get a few remaining green stars and move onto CHAMPIONS ROAD

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze- Same as Sonic, currently playing. I'm on the World 6 boss but am trying to get all the puzzle pieces before I bang him in.

RUNNER 2 - FUTURE LEGEND OF RHYTHM ALIEN - I loved it but the added controls (as oppose to the first runner) confused me a bit and the difficulty seemed higher (maybe I'm just not as good as I used to be :P) so I left it. Knowing that @D_prOdigy started playing makes me wanna thrash his high scores though. That and I'm only on like World 3 so I really need to discover more.

ZOMBI U - got it like a DAY after Donkey Kong. Was REALLY fun, played with my friend, but thought I'd leave it until I got Donkey Kong out the way for fears of only getting about half way through again like with everything else :P

Games I have but haven't started:

ASS CREED 3

ASS CREED BLACK FLAG

LEGO MARVEL

EARTHBOUND (I only played an hour or so, so should just start again. Always wanted to play it but alas, when it finally came I was all cba)

Games that I technically need to finish but cba:

New Super Mario Bros U (makes me sick, ugh)

NES Remix (super fun to start with, lost it's appeal fairly quickly though)

Edited by Josh64

My backlog's actually got a bit out of hand. These are the games I want to finish before I consider myself bored:

Oracle of Seasons

Shantae (the original)

Etrian Odyssey III (yes, I still haven't finished with the DS!)

I also can't really believe I've got a PS3 just sitting there, and I've played next to nothing on it. There must be so many great games I've not played. Admittedly, none of this is to do with the Wii U; I'm just saying the 3DS alone keeps me from noticing droughts.

I'm playing Xenoblade at the minute.

I've got to start/complete...

W101

Mario 3D World

Zombi U

Mass Effect 3

DK Tropical Freeze

Dark Siders 2

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Also got quite a few games that I want to pick up too.

Oops, forgot I bought this a few weeks back! Add it to the list! And @Grazza - I think the same about my 360, I only bought GTA for it last year, that's it - ONE GAME. There's also no excuse, 'cause there's technically shit loads of games I could get on 360. I can't keep up with it now though, but it helped me through the dark days of Wii (the last few years where we had like... Beat the Beat and The Last Story and then NOTHING)

Wii U - Stupid champion's Road!

3DS - Pokémon Y, Layton and Azkaban Prisoner.

360 - GTA IV

PC - Arkham Asylum, Burnout Paradise

Wii U will be collecting dust as it has done far too often.

I'll be playing infamous on PS4 & the new Layton & Phoenix Wright game.

I picked up Pikmin 3 and Nintendo land in the past week, so that should keep me busy.

Plus I'm still playing Left 4 dead 2 on my PC.

Wii U:

Got a couple of worlds to finish up on DKCTF to reach 100% and I finally ordered a copy of Sonic Lost World the other day too.

Still using Wii Fit U and occasionally Art Academy.

Now playing Time Trial mode on SMK as well. :hehe:

3DS:

Have a jam session on KORG M01D every so often.

Very much looking forward to Tomodachi Collection, no idea if it'll hit before MK8 though... probably not. :hmm:

Definitely gonna get Nintendo Pocket Football Club in April, plus 3D OutRun (whenever that's coming out).

PS3:

I'm currently 40 hours into Dark Souls II, and reckon it'll take me another 20-30 to beat that game.

Also got some PSN funds that I need to use at some point. ::shrug:

PC:

Not really playing anything on PC at the mo, other than the odd bit of AudioSurf.

Some stuff I want to check out though, like Surgeon Simulator 2013, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Rock of Ages and Goat Simulator. :laughing:

iOS:

There's always something to play in the fast food realm of gaming. :heh:

Currently dipping into Plants vs. Zombies 2, Jetpack Joyride, Smash Hit and the port of Crazy Taxi.

Wii:

Well not yet, but I do have (fingers crossed) a copy of Captain Rainbow on its way to me from Japan, which I'm hoping to play at some point in the future using the English translation patch. :D

So yeah, there's actually quite a lot on my gaming plate at the moment, despite Nintendo's best attempt at making me go on a diet. :grin:

I've got so, so many games to complete it's unreal.

X360

Skyrim

Mass Effect 3

Red Dead Redemption

The Witcher II

Fable: Anniversary

Xbox Live

Sonic 4: Episode II

Beyond Good and Evil

Banjo Tooie

PS4

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

NBA 2K14

Thief

Infamous: Second Son

PS Vita

Little Big Planet

Uncharted

Wipe-out

Lemmings

PS+

Sonic All Stars Racing

Resogun

Dead Nation

Soul Sacrifice

Terraria

WiiU (inc Wii games)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Wind Waker

Pikmin 3

Super Mario 3D World

Skyward Sword

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Virtual Console WiiU/Wii

Earthbound

Mario 64

Super Mario World

Donkey Kong

Majora's Mask

A Link to the Past

Super Metroid

Kirby

Super Mario Bros 2

3DS

Luigi's Mansion 2

A Link Between Worlds

Pokemon X

Pokemon White 2

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Ocarina of Time 3D

Virtual Console (3DS)

Oracle of Seasons

Super Mario Bros 3

Yeah, i know there is a lot there to do. I've just finished playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and Assassin's Creed: Liberations over the past week or so. Hopefully i'll clear a couple before Mario Kart comes out.

Shit I forgot i've got a load of 3DS games and Virtual Console games to get through too!!

I definitely do not need a second console at present.

Wii U:

Pikmin 3

Assassin's Creed 4

Mario 3D

Im actually pretty content with the Wii U at the moment, in conjunction with the little time I have. I'm playing the odd hour or two just before bed, daily.

Looking forward to E3.

NES Remix - finish off getting all the rainbow stars.

Pokemon Y - Train a half decent team for StreetPass meetups.

Super Mario Kart - Play through the Wii U VC version.

F1 Race Stars - Beat it.

Fire Emblem Awakening - Continue where Pokemon Y interupted it.

Without these software droughts I'd never get anything finished!

Currently my plans are a bit like this (I'm part way through quite a few of them). I'm probably missing quite a few.

Wii U

Pikmin 3

Batman: Arkham Origins

LEGO City Undercover

Wonderful 101

3DS

[Review Game]

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Donkey Kong Country Returns

PC

The Elder Scrolls Online

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Witcher 2

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

Trine

PS3

Ratchet & Clank: A Quest for Booty

Ratchet & Clank: Nexus

Metal Gear Rising

Remember Me

DmC

Trine 2

The Cave

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons

Sly Cooper

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

Vita

Tearaway

Guacamelee

New Little King's Story

Rayman Origins

If Mario Kart lacks a good online, I can easily last until Smash Bros.

At the moment I'm squeezing in some Dual Destinies every few days or so.

But I plan on returning to Uprising & Monster Hunter 3U soon.