NEurope
kalipso3

Nintendo Pocket Football Club

What do you guys think about the upcoming (17th April) Nintendo Pocket Football Club? To be honest this is currently the most anticipated 3DS title by me - really feels like a throwback to classic, simple and fun times of not too complicated, yet engaging and competitive football management games (like The Manager, Ultimate Soccer Manager, Premier Manager 3; even SWOS career mode and PES Master League).

Nintendo Europe recently revealed official site for the game (can't insert it as have less than 15 posts), it confirms some of the game's main features (online modes are especially interesting from my perspective - really looking forward to play with you guys in ranking matches and tournaments!).

It is nice such a relatively obscure title gets its own official site allowing for progress tracking, leaderboards and such (kind of reminds me of Hattrick).

What are your expectations? Are you interested, getting it on day 1, waiting for sale/price drop, looking forward to playing online? If so, go ahead and add me to your friends list :) My FC: 0533-5967-6605

Yeah I really can't wait for this game, I'm worried it'll be too basic, but knowing Nintendo it'll have insane amounts if subtle depth. Can't wait! April is a great month!

Yeah I really can't wait for this game, I'm worried it'll be too basic, but knowing Nintendo it'll have insane amounts if subtle depth. Can't wait! April is a great month!

This is my main worry as well. Played Pocket League Story on Android recently as it was suggested by someone as being similar, and this one has some really too simplistic football management elements, as well as missing online features. It's a very pleasant experience overall, but plays more like a simple and fun sim/tycoon than proper manager. Hope NPFC will be a bit more in-depth.

Edited by kalipso3

Cheaper price at launch.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club — the European localisation of the Japanese title Calcio Bit — is almost with us, and Nintendo has revealed that the game will launch at a special reduced price this month.

Early adopters will be able to pick up the soccer management simulation for £10.79 until May 1st, when the price will rise to the standard £13.49.

The game sees you take a team of also-rans and transform them into one of the world's finest footballing sides. You can train and trade players, as well as tinker with your formation and tactics to ensure success on the pitch. The game will also feature online modes, and you'll be able to see how you stack up against other players by taking part in ranked matches. Your standing will be displayed on the official Nintendo Pocket Football Club stats website, which will go live shortly after launch.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club launches exclusively on the 3DS eShop in Europe on April 17th.

Whoa, that's expensive.
I was actually expecting it to be around £20, so I'm happy. :)

Representative of its long development time (6 years)?

I'll expand on my reasons tomorrow.

lGkJiTU.jpg

PvmI1Bb.jpg

6RLce9f.png

8gFs84N.jpg

rPShINa.jpg

Bunch more HERE

OuDB8Bd.png

gMFlvSY.png

7vciubz.png

oAYYdaV.png

HoaiMa4.png

More HERE

From Gaf.

As I was saying in the other thread: I can't talk too much, but...

contents are not a problem in this game. and servers for online ranking matches are not yet up!

If you are interested in some sort of Football Manager with Sensible Soccer 8-bit graphics, exploit the offer. You'll not regret it.

You can manage your team, finding out new "training cards" with exibition matches, create your shirts, logo, name, participate to local smaller championship, try to win matches to go up in the rankings, trade players, play online ranking matches, and so on and on...

This could be dangerously addictive. :D

That artwork is adorable. :love:

This could be dangerously addictive. :D
Yeah, I'm getting that vibe as well. :)

OuDB8Bd.png

Seeing that screen's got me tempted to make a Harry Redknapp Mii for use in this game. :laughing:

Can't wait for this game. It is more expensive than I was expecting though. But I paid £15 for dr luigi (ridiculous) so it's a bargain in comparison. I just hope it is really really good. I hope it isn't painfully simple. I'm not expecting football manager, but a unique take on it with surprising hidden depth woud, be great,

Can you play against each other online? I presume you can't enter the same tournaments and leagues or anything.

Whoa, that's expensive.

How on earth is that too expensive!? It was a full price retail game in Japan!

Hell the un-discounted price alone is cheaper than I was expecting! £10.79 is a bargain for a game that would otherwise be £29.99-34.99 at retail!

My God! People's perception of value has been warped so badly that it just fills me full of sadness :(

Edited by Dcubed

How on earth is that too expensive!? It was a full price retail game in Japan!

Hell the un-discounted price alone is cheaper than I was expecting! £10.79 is a bargain for a game that would otherwise be £29.99-34.99 at retail!

My God! People's perception of value has been warped so badly that it just fills me full of sadness :(

So does it have the depth and size of a full retail game? Didn't know that. Excellent.

Did anyone play New Star Soccer in iOS? Is it similar to that in anyway? Loved that.

Actually, I take back what I said about the price. It just wasn't what I was expecting (again, more will be explained tomorrow).

Actually, I take back what I said about the price. It just wasn't what I was expecting (again, more will be explained tomorrow).

Huh? Why not now... Why you being weird... :)

They talking about it tonight or something?

They talking about it tonight or something?

No, it's just that the embargo ends tomorrow.

No, it's just that the embargo ends tomorrow.

Ah... You don't think it's worth it then... Oh dear...

Ah... You don't think it's worth it then... Oh dear...

I was just expecting a lower price (it reminded me a bit of Kairosoft's games - which is a compliment), nothing about the quality of the game.

I was just expecting a lower price (it reminded me a bit of Kairosoft's games - which is a compliment), nothing about the quality of the game.

Ah good. Really hoping for a little gem of a game!

I'm presuming you've played it by the way, have you?

Cool, bunch of new stuff and a review are now online!

Added you guys to my friends list, be sure to add me back, thanks! :) 0533-5967-6605

BTW - Sensible Soccer was more of a 16-bit game (it even got SNES/Mega Drive versions).

Great, so it is indeed not bad at all then :)

Just a question regarding the single player mode - are the teams and players (including CPU-controlled) randomized every time New Game is started, or they remain the same for each play-through?