NEurope
Goafer

Stuff That Freaks You Out

I've never considered myself claustrophobic, but this legitimately freaked me out:

I genuinely can't think of anything more terrifying. He got out in the end apparently, but still. Fuck that.

This one gets an honourable mention for managing to get my heart racing a bit, but didn't manage the full on freakout of the cave video:

Spiders and being buried alive. Nothing freaks me out more than either of those two. If there's so much as a spider in the room, I'll refuse to step foot in there. I'm badly arachnophobic. I made the mistake of watching Arachnophobia to try and cure it, it just gave me nightmares for a month...literally...worst month's sleep ever!

I think anyone would freak out if they were buried alive. Similarly if they were trapped in a cave filling up with water. I think any sign of impending death that is unavoidable will freak people out really.

Spiders and being buried alive. Nothing freaks me out more than either of those two. If there's so much as a spider in the room, I'll refuse to step foot in there. I'm badly arachnophobic. I made the mistake of watching Arachnophobia to try and cure it, it just gave me nightmares for a month...literally...worst month's sleep ever!

What about being buried alive with a spider? Or being buried alive BY a spider? Or being buried alive with Mel Gibson in a spider costume?*

I'm really freaked out by saliva. Terrible, considering China is the homeland of the Common Spitting Peasant.

*Sorry, what happened there was: "What about being buried alive with a spider who kept whispering anti-semetic comments. Then I thought "What about being buried alive with Mel Gibson?" Then... Mel Gibson in a spider costume.

velvet is horrible and touching it makes me feel icky

Not being able to breathe freaks me out, but the thing that really distresses me is people i love dying, the thought of it can make me really depressed and freaked out something will happen to them over the course of a few days....i'm struggling to not think of it and get freaked out now

The only thing I'm truly phobic about is spiders, though the thought of being buried alive also gives me claustrophobic feelings.

The size of the universe and the inevitable demise of myself and everyone I know.

Just little things.

Aren't Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday the same club? :p

Oh boy this trolling will get me abuse

Aren't Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday the same club? :p

It depends what day it is.

Spiders a bit but the dentist terribly. I have what I consider to be a low pain threshold, and the intimacy and maybe...closeness to my brain of my mouth *????* I hate. Terrifies me. Uaahfahahfhafhahf,af.

My dentist is awful. Not in the traditional sense though. All the assistants are rather pretty, which makes it all the more embarrassing when the dentist makes me sit there, mouth agape, whilst they prod around and generally make me uncomfortable, all the while reeling off numbers that I can only assume is dentist code for "look at this mongoloids mouth. His teeth look like the tombstones in a really old cemetery".

Why do they use that number code to tell the assistant what condition my teeth are in? I'd rather they just said "Shit, shit, sweetcorn, shit, average, warthog tusk, bad"

Ugh, the dentist; I don't have a phobia, but I obviouly dislike the pain (pain anywhere in the head is the worst kind) and I'm always worried about the condition of my mouth. At least my dentist is very charismatic.

I hate the dentist too. Injections in my mouth are the worst! Also, I'm sure the drilling during a filling makes my brain vibrate! Oh and the sucky thing is terrible and I can hardly breath! I feel so sorry for the dentist getting covered in my saliva!

My dentist is awful. Not in the traditional sense though. All the assistants are rather pretty, which makes it all the more embarrassing when the dentist makes me sit there, mouth agape, whilst they prod around and generally make me uncomfortable, all the while reeling off numbers that I can only assume is dentist code for "look at this mongoloids mouth. His teeth look like the tombstones in a really old cemetery".

Why do they use that number code to tell the assistant what condition my teeth are in? I'd rather they just said "Shit, shit, sweetcorn, shit, average, warthog tusk, bad"

The number is the tooth. It starts at the centre, and goes round to the back. So "upper right 3" would be one of your canines.

/joke-killer

What about being buried alive with a spider? Or being buried alive BY a spider? Or being buried alive with Mel Gibson in a spider costume?*

I couldn't think of anything worse. That would freak me out so much!

The number is the tooth. It starts at the centre, and goes round to the back. So "upper right 3" would be one of your canines.

/joke-killer

It can't be. I'm sure they use the same number on multiple teeth. I think I worked out that 1 is rad and it gets worse as it gets higher. That's based on the fact that they cleaned all the teeth they labelled 2 last time I went.

It can't be. I'm sure they use the same number on multiple teeth. I think I worked out that 1 is rad and it gets worse as it gets higher. That's based on the fact that they cleaned all the teeth they labelled 2 last time I went.

Yeah they do use the same number. But they also use upper/lower, right/left. So there are 8 numbers, and 32 teeth.

I got one extra tooth growing at the back of of my teeth. And I still have two baby teeth. Never had a filling, nor braces but I think if I did, I would be more terrified of them.

Just got back from the dentist. Mrs Bob had to have a tooth out, and she's so shit-scared of the dentist they sedated her. It was hilarious, she asked me about five times whether she could see the tooth afterwards, and each time i had to tell her that she already had seen it.

Now she's fallen asleep on the sofa, and i've got the rest of the afternoon off from work! Hello AC4!

I hate the dentist too. Injections in my mouth are the worst! Also, I'm sure the drilling during a filling makes my brain vibrate! Oh and the sucky thing is terrible and I can hardly breath! I feel so sorry for the dentist getting covered in my saliva!

Oh, god, the injections ... I am pretty certain the syringes are filled with pure acid and dipped in Mexican hot sauce.

Yeah they do use the same number. But they also use upper/lower, right/left. So there are 8 numbers, and 32 teeth.

I remember getting an almost clean sheet of 1's before though, with only a handful of 2's. I don't think they've ever said anything above a 3.

Unless I only have 3 teeth and they're just really good at keeping secrets...