NEurope
Daft

Virtual Reality

That would be a great price. To be honest, whatever price it is I'll likely get it. I'm tempted to make a VR short film. I know a few people working for some big companies, and the cameras are surprisingly affordable. Be interesting to see what distribution channels are like.

I wonder if we'll start seeing E3s in Virtual Reality as of this year...

EA dude speaks about VR support.

He said before a company like EA would consider spending $50-$100 million to build a full game for VR, the market size needs to grow to the level of consoles. He described the console markets today as "large," estimating PS4/Xbox One to make up 60 million and 150 million-plus for PS3/Xbox 360.

Also during the presentation, Jorgensen revealed that about 25 percent of all EA game sales are full-game downloads. This figure can vary by title and geography, as well as bandwidth speed and cashless transaction availability. It is up from the 20 percent figure disclosed by EA in November, though that figure (expected to grow to 40 percent in the coming 3-4 years) pertained specifically to PS4 and Xbox One.

I guess EA are playing the waiting game to see how successful VR is going to be. Best course of action, TBH. They are raking it in with their software, both console and mobile, so there's no need to take any unnecessary risks at this point.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/01/is-ex-halo-devs-golem-playstation-vrs-killer-app-ign-first

Is Ex-Halo Devs’ Golem PlayStation VR’s Killer App? – IGN First

Halo, Infamous vets look to conquer PlayStation VR.

Sounds exciting! :bouncy:

golemscreenshotcontroladollpng-19d1d3_1280w.png

The view of yourself from the six-inch-tall doll you're possessing. So since this is VR, you're actually having an out -of-body experience inside an out-of-body experience right here.

Click and drag to look around...

Its good that there are teams working on AAA titles for VR devices, rather than just gimmick style demos, but that article seemed more about reputation than actual exciting gameplay. Plus those 360 degree shots look awful. I doubt it looks anywhere near that bad when you are actually using it. If I was the dev I don't think I would want any sites to be using those shots.

Is No Man's Sky does get a VR version/update for the PS4... I'll never leave the house again.

Reminded that the PlayStation VR thing is today (well, technically tomorrow here).

If I've got my timezones correct it starts at 3am.

Reminded that the PlayStation VR thing is today (well, technically tomorrow here).

If I've got my timezones correct it starts at 3am.

From Push Square.

When will the PlayStation VR presentation take place?

Even if there is no livestream, you can expect news to filter out of today's press event without doubt. As such, you may want to keep an eye on Push Square around the time that the presentation starts, as we'll bring you all of the big news. The presser's scheduled to begin at the following dates and times:

Tuesday, 15th March 2016

14:00 PM PDT (San Francisco)

17:00 PM EDT (New York)

21:00 PM GMT (London)

Anyone got any predictions then? I'm gonna say £299 on its own, £350 with 2 move controllers bundled in.

Anyone got any predictions then?

I'm gonna guess that RIGs will bundled with the headset and the basic unit will be £350.

I'm gonna guess that RIGs will bundled with the headset and the basic unit will be £350.

Yeah I have seen that they've put out a tweet that there will be big RIGS news today. People just dont seem to be convinced that it'll be bundled because it looks like a proper game. I think its definitely a strong possibility myself. I bet Sony would love to use the game to attempt to get a foothold in esports.

Yeah I have seen that they've put out a tweet that there will be big RIGS news today. People just dont seem to be convinced that it'll be bundled because it looks like a proper game. I think its definitely a strong possibility myself. I bet Sony would love to use the game to attempt to get a foothold in esports.

Colin and Greg were talking about it the other week on PS I love You XOXO and they were saying the same thing. It's a good showcase for the system and it will help give them a push in terms of eSports. With gGuerrilla Games tweeting about it I think it's certainly a strong possibility.

Where does the quality of the PSVR rank? Is it above Gear Vr but below the other two? Is it the same as Gear?

Where does the quality of the PSVR rank? Is it above Gear Vr but below the other two? Is it the same as Gear?

As far as I can tell it'll most likely be closer to Oculus and Vive but will have certain aspects capped to let it get the required fps with the lesser power of the PS4 in comparison to PCs.

Periscope livestream

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BRJjaXVRDVGw

£350 for us UK people. Thought it would be too much to ask for a straight dollar to pounds conversation. :(

[tweet]709848974371516416[/tweet]

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'll be preordering when I get the chance anyway. I'll decide later on in the year if that means cancelling my Oculus Rift preorder or just end up keeping both.

More than the cost of the console is too much, I'll stick with playing games on my HDTV for a while longer. ;)

I'll be interested to just use the cinematic mode that Andrew House talked about to play regular PS4 games through the headset. I hope they put in the same amount of effort that other VR apps have for stuff like that and actually model the seats around you etc. I love sitting in the cinema watching stuff with my Gear VR on lol.