NEurope
Daft

Virtual Reality

Really glad I pre-ordered PSVR months back.

Farpoint looks great. Sci-fi games are going to own VR, taking us to places we'll never be able to go in real life. October can't come quickly enough.

That still uses old PS camera tracking technology though right? I'd be very surprised if the tracking was as good as Oculus Touch or the Vive.

I've got my Vive on the way (ended up switching my Oculus order) and I've still got my PSVR on preorder. Im still pretty impressed with the PSVR so its very possible I'll be keeping both headsets.

Really getting interested in the PSVR after the conference...

Going to wait for the NX reveal before I make a move

Surprised no one is talking about this, wasn't this supposed to be the BIG thing this E3? I'm excited by it but haven't been reading up on it too much. Whats the general consensus on the PSVR games?

Im very impressed with the PSVR games ive seen so far. The only dud people are talking about from E3 is the Final Fantasy XV VR demo.

I'm really exited for VR, especially Resi7, Battlefront VR Mission(s) and Farpoint. I think sci-fi is where VR will really shine. Taking us to places we'll never really be able to go. So glad I got my pre-order in!

Haha - I loved that he was talking about the decor and artwork :D

Wow, that looks incredible.

I think I'll just want money for Christmas to buy PSVR :D

Nothing has convinced me that I need a PSVR unit yet or any VR headset for that matter, all of the demo's shown are interesting but in the same way that they would still be interesting if they were available as first-person demonstrations using the TV screen and move controllers only.

I understand the dream of VR being around for so long and now it's finally being realised but at the same time I'm happy with HD gaming on my TV and 3D gaming on a handheld device.

A real question here though...

How many PSVR games will be genuinely exclusive? I think most of the main PS4 exclusives will be games playable in their more standardised format with VR also available as an option.

I can't see a future where PSVR true exclusive titles will outnumber more traditional TV-based gaming, at least not yet anyway.

Still, I'll be following the progress of VR and will still be interested to hear how people feel about it after using the devices for days/weeks/months to see how it pans out.

There's something about VR that does seem cool and funky. But, I still think we're in the early phases of it and I'd prefer to wait for the next "round" or "phase" of technology before I properly become invested in it.

That being said, I do see the potential in it. The price point is off-putting, however. Will still be checking out impressions as I am still interested.

Just tried Google Cardboard and it's completely killed my eyes after a few minutes. It's pretty impressive though.

Just tried Google Cardboard and it's completely killed my eyes after a few minutes. It's pretty impressive though.

It's hardly surprising though, isn't Google cardboard a viewer which you slot a Smartphone into, then the image is split into two displays?

But essentially you're putting a smartphone a lot closer to your eyes than you would normally, definitely not a good idea for long periods of time I would have thought. ::shrug:

Does it really work well enough though?

It's hardly surprising though, isn't Google cardboard a viewer which you slot a Smartphone into, then the image is split into two displays?

Yeah. Someone at work brought his Samsung Gear in and it hurt my eyes as well. Although that might be doing the same thing, not sure.

Cardboard and Gear looked the same visually, but again they might be doing the same thing, plus they're both running off phones. Cardboard is a bit blurry though and I haven't seen an option to adjust it.

I have a Samsung Gear along with my Vive. The Gear is more pixelated but still very impressive.

Just ordered a GTX 1080 to go with my Vive. My 970 was fine for games made for VR but it just can't cope with games like Elite Dangerous and Project Cars.

I haven't done too much with PCARS and Elite so far but my 980 seemed to be handling them both fine. You'll have to let us know how it goes with the 1080 though.

I haven't done too much with PCARS and Elite so far but my 980 seemed to be handling them both fine. You'll have to let us know how it goes with the 1080 though.

How are you finding the Vive now you've had it a few days?

How are you finding the Vive now you've had it a few days?

Yeah I'm enjoying it. Job Simulator is probably my favourite thing (other than the main Vive tutorial) for showing off VR. PCARS and Elite are fun but I've found that I already feel weird not seeing my arms stay still when im playing controller games instead of using the Vive controllers lol.

I tried Lucky's Tale yesterday and that really impressed me. I'm looking forward to playing through all of that.

Oh and The Foo Show I think will be brilliant when they start releasing regular episodes.

My only actual issue at the moment is that my Internet becomes almost unusable when I actually use VR. Its looking like its an issue with the onboard wireless my motherboard uses so I'm going to try out a wi-fi dongle next week and see if it sorts it.

Yeah I'm enjoying it. Job Simulator is probably my favourite thing (other than the main Vive tutorial) for showing off VR. PCARS and Elite are fun but I've found that I already feel weird not seeing my arms stay still when im playing controller games instead of using the Vive controllers lol.

I tried Lucky's Tale yesterday and that really impressed me. I'm looking forward to playing through all of that.

Oh and The Foo Show I think will be brilliant when they start releasing regular episodes.

My only actual issue at the moment is that my Internet becomes almost unusable when I actually use VR. Its looking like its an issue with the onboard wireless my motherboard uses so I'm going to try out a wi-fi dongle next week and see if it sorts it.

I completely agree about controller games not feeling right. It's a weird situation as controller games are what most people who haven't used VR want from VR. Yet when you actually play them it feels weird and not a patch on proper room scale tracked controller VR.

If the camera is working for you on the Vive it might be worth switching it off to see if your wifi starts working again. When the camera is active on the Vive it uses up a lot of the USB bandwidth which has been known to mess with the USB controllers on motherboards. I can't even get the camera to work.

Have you seen the new VR environments for the Steam VR hub? They're pretty cool. Previously the hub could only be a 360 image, now it can have 3D environments.

I completely agree about controller games not feeling right. It's a weird situation as controller games are what most people who haven't used VR want from VR. Yet when you actually play them it feels weird and not a patch on proper room scale tracked controller VR.

If the camera is working for you on the Vive it might be worth switching it off to see if your wifi starts working again. When the camera is active on the Vive it uses up a lot of the USB bandwidth which has been known to mess with the USB controllers on motherboards. I can't even get the camera to work.

Have you seen the new VR environments for the Steam VR hub? They're pretty cool. Previously the hub could only be a 360 image, now it can have 3D environments.

Have you tried turning the camera down to 30hz? Thats what got mine working. Unfortunately though I was having the internet problems before I turned the camera on.

I havent tried the new environments yet but I might give that a try in a minute thanks.

I'm having huge problems with the latest NVIDIA drivers. I've had to roll back to 365.19.

The latest Steam VR update (or perhaps Vive firmware update) is now letting me use the camera at 30hz. It's a cool little feature.

Edited by V. Amoleo

Tried Happenstance's Vive and Project Cars was what I was looking forward to the most, but it ended up making me feel motion sick. It's a shame, because I really enjoyed it and the depth perception and feeling of being in the car was great, but not feeling the forces of the car must have made me queasy.

Was really impressed by the Vive's controllers for the other stuff though. I just wonder how many "proper" games will use them well. Being limited to a certain area seems really restrictive and I can't see a way around it other than using a normal controller.

I do want some sort of decent VR though (already have Cardboard and it's good for the price, just not great), I'm just waiting for some must have games for it. If the PSVR is comparable to the Vive, I'll probably get one of those instead.